Recommend Me a Bad Anime

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Dragon Crisis (I think it was that one at least)

A show that constantly talks about "lost precious" but never explains what they are, has very little character and ends with a big black dragon being killed by...a big pink heart in the sky

And of course the main romantic interest looks about 10 naturally

Henrik Knudsen

Apr 15, 2013
Girls und Panzer is pretty bad and hilarious at the same time. Not a huge anime fan anyway so I don't know what classifies as "bad" but watched that show because I was bored.

Edit: Just noticed it was already mentioned.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
try bludgeoning angel dokuro-chan. it's not -good- by any stretch of the imagination, but it's charming and entertaining all the same. very short too. there's only like 6 2-part episodes.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
To Love Ru
MM!
and Strike Witches.
All of them play on fanservice and have horrible 1-Dimensional characters.

Phenomenis

May 23, 2011
Soukou No Strain.

Its stupid and entertaining. Put it in capital letters here, 100% on this one

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
[Kira Must Die said:
]
- No popular or famous shows that you simply hate or find overrated. They have to be something notable for how bad it is or at least obscure enough. That way this thread won't turn into a huge bitchfest.
-Nothing simply generic or mediocre. It must be BAD.

If anyone mentions an anime I've already seen, I'll be sure to tell you and my thought on them. I wanna see what you guys come up with, and if you guys know what bad truly is.
Can I put forth Hellsing?

Because I don't think it's that Hellsing is overated.

I genuinely can't find much redeeming about it. It's cool to watch, literally just to watch, it's well animated and gory. But the story is nonexistant, the villain comes from fucking nowhere with no explanation or reason to do anything, the characters are flat, aren't explained or expanded in any way. I found out after watching that the police girl was the main character. She doesn't like drinking blood, it's not really explored or resolved in much detail or anything, and that's about it, Alucard has far more potential to be interesting but we never learn anything about him.

Urgh. Hellsing. Flashy, looks and sounds good. Bad story, bad characters, poorly explained lore.

Haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate though nor the OVA nor have I read the manga.

[sub]I know you said no long running or good shows but One Piece is awesome, I'm obliged to mention in every anime thread that One Piece is genius, when you reduce grown men to tears over the death of a fictional ship, you are a god among men[/sub]

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
ShadowRatchet92 said:
One I'd recommend is that anime that Marvel and Madhouse made about Wolverine. It's so bad I barely got through the first episode when it aired on T.V. The Dialog is horrible, the characters are so different from their comic book counter parts that they might as well called it something different, and You can play a really good Drinking game out of it. Drink every time "Wolverine" scream Morkio in an episde. You'll be drunk faster than you ever been.
Oh god. I thought that all the Marvel anime were absolutely terrible. The only one I actually managed to finish was Iron Man, and that was mediocre at best. Blade and Wolverine were definitely the worst of the two, and I only managed to get through 3 episodes of each. So yeah, the Wolverine anime gets my vote as well, that shit is garbage.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
SkarKrow said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
- No popular or famous shows that you simply hate or find overrated. They have to be something notable for how bad it is or at least obscure enough. That way this thread won't turn into a huge bitchfest.

If anyone mentions an anime I've already seen, I'll be sure to tell you and my thought on them. I wanna see what you guys come up with, and if you guys know what bad truly is.

I genuinely can't find much redeeming about it. It's cool to watch, literally just to watch, it's well animated and gory. But the story is nonexistant, the villain comes from fucking nowhere with no explanation or reason to do anything, the characters are flat, aren't explained or expanded in any way. I found out after watching that the police girl was the main character. She doesn't like drinking blood, it's not really explored or resolved in much detail or anything, and that's about it, Alucard has far more potential to be interesting but we never learn anything about him.

Urgh. Hellsing. Flashy, looks and sounds good. Bad story, bad characters, poorly explained lore.

[sub]I know you said no long running or good shows but One Piece is awesome, I'm obliged to mention in every anime thread that One Piece is genius, when you reduce grown men to tears over the death of a fictional ship, you are a god among men[/sub]
I've seen both Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. The TV series is pretty bad. The OVA (which is Ultimate) is far better, as it follows the manga more closely. The story is better, and the characters are explored more. ALthough I mostly enjoy it for sort of the same reasons I enjoy Gurren Lagann, where it's just so ridiculous, over-the-top bloody, and hamy as hell that I can't help but enjoy it. So if you didn't like the TV series you'd probably like the OVA better.

[sub]As for One Piece, I've seen the first 20 episodes, and from what I saw I really enjoyed it. Don't think I can watch over 500 episodes, though.[/sub]

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
I humbly submit S-Cry-Ed to the altar of shittiness.

It's a really dumb, juvenile take on the shounen genre (oxymoron right there) and the main character's special "power" mostly just consists of being able to punch things harder than anyone else.
It also does the silly villain of the week thing most of the time and has a secondary "buddy" character who you just know is gonna die at some point. But, props given where props are due, the antagonists for the first half of the show are relatively sympathetic and make sense within the context, also as a little kid I thought the main characters final "form" or whatever was like the coolest thing.

Overall I'd say that its just bad enought that it's still kinda fun to watch.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Try Koutoura-san. It seems like it wanted to be a semi-serious anime dealing with the problems that come with mind-reading abilities, as well as dealing with the pain of being abandoned by your family, but I feel that it fell on its face, hard. about 10x as hard as the MC(Koutoura) fell on her face in the opening sequence. I still found it watchable, but it always bugged me immensly when things got angsty/dramatic, because nothing about the show from the art style to the characters enabled me to take any sort of dark back story they might have had seriously. Basically just think of it as your typical run of the season moe anime, but with a cheap "troubled past" gimmick. I felt it was worthy to add because of how strongly I feel that it failed in the way that they tried to convey trauma and problems, but the anime itself really wasn't that bad, that bad being the key word here, as it's not an abomination that with make me slice my eyes out with a razor, but it's nothing special at all either. Well, that's my opinion anyways, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I recommend checking it out at least.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
[Kira Must Die said:
]
SkarKrow said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]

I've seen both Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. The TV series is pretty bad. The OVA (which is Ultimate) is far better, as it follows the manga more closely. The story is better, and the characters are explored more. ALthough I mostly enjoy it for sort of the same reasons I enjoy Gurren Lagann, where it's just so ridiculous, over-the-top bloody, and hamy as hell that I can't help but enjoy it. So if you didn't like the TV series you'd probably like the OVA better.

[sub]As for One Piece, I've seen the first 20 episodes, and from what I saw I really enjoyed it. Don't think I can watch over 500 episodes, though.[/sub]
Hmm fair enough, I do need to give the OVA a go but I just found it to be nothing but spectacle, pretty to watch and very satisfying but wholly unfulfilling in the end. I'm way behind on anime and manga though I literally only just started One Piece in October because i was bored, put off for a decade because of the terribad 4kids dub (there's a recomendation if you wanna watch something horribly butchered).

[sub]Read the manga instead, an episode takes 20 minutes but a chapter takes 2-5, and it's an episode a chapter. It's brilliant for action, story is great, characters develop, everything is well fleshed out and it really sucks you in, even just reading the manga, the only issue is that it's long and the anime is an episode per chapter so it's slow. Most long running shounen shows are easier to read if you're strapped for the time[/sub]

LegendofHugh

Jul 18, 2009
Kill Me Baby. I loved Nichijou, Ordinary Lives of Highschool Boys, Seitokai Yakuindomo and plenty of other sketch comedy/slice of life shows, but Kill Me Baby almost never makes me laugh. The opening theme song alone is painful to listen to, the animation is very poor, and the punchlines are all predictable.

Maybe try Speed Grapher as well. It's about people getting powers related to their passion. The lead character is a photographer, so he gets the ability to blow stuff up by taking photos of it. He tries to save this girl from this big conspiracy, blah blah blah. It's a really interesting idea and the action is surprisingly inventing at times but the plot gets stupid and NONE of the characters have much in the way of redeeming features.

Oh... and you'll never want to go to a dentist again.

Overhang

Apr 17, 2009
Country
Denmark
Why not Gantz? The degree of violence and fan service is gratuitous, to say the least.
The main star of the show is so unlikable, you will wonder if he is a parody of the useless protagonists from other genres.
Hell, it uses game logic as its central conflict.
I never made it through the hole thing in one sitting, but I saw no improvements in the later episodes I jumped to.

Defeated Detective

Sep 30, 2012
[Kira Must Die said:
]]I've seen some of this, so far it seems alright, although I've seen animes I started out liking and by the end hating it. *cough*Penguindrum*cough*
Wat? Penguindrum was bad? Really?

Penguindrum was a bloody work of art.

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
Oh, yeah..
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
Should've mentioned that pearl. There have been few moments when I just finish an anime and just stare at the screen trying to come up with an answer as to what the hell they were trying to accomplish.

Captcha: Good for nothing
Yes it is Captcha, yes it is..

crhoades

Jul 2, 2010
mad bull 34 dear god mad bull 34 if you dont know what Iam talking about just here is a review just watch this insanity.
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/the-sage/anime-abandon/32049-mad-bull-34-part-i

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
ALright, I'm taking one more shot at this: Nighshift Nurses

;_;

I should really stop blindly trusting my friends when they say "Hey, just watch this for a few minutes."

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Defeated Detective said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]]I've seen some of this, so far it seems alright, although I've seen animes I started out liking and by the end hating it. *cough*Penguindrum*cough*
Wat? Penguindrum was bad? Really?

Penguindrum was a bloody work of art.
Well, it's just my opinion, but I hated that anime with a fucking passion. I started out liking it, I liked the style, it was darkly humorous, and it was unique. Hell, looking at it it has a lot of my favorite elements in an anime, but as it went on it just went further and further up its own ass that I really, really couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand the convoluted story, I couldn't stand the characters, I couldn't stand the dialogue, I couldn't stand the bullshit symbolism that only served to make things even more confusing. I hate using this word, but it's one of, if not the most pretentious anime I've seen, and I'm an Evangelion fan.

But again, that's just me. If someone else derive some enjoyment out of it, so be it.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
Oh man you saw skelter heaven? You poor brave soul that was so bad and yet we couldn't stop watching.
Hm lets see Popotan and Sekirei have already been mentioned.

I might recommend Baka and Test but it's not "bad" so much as "What the hell am I even watching?"
Bleh being ninja'd sucks

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
I dunno if Highschool of The Dead really counts as bad. Everything seems to be intentionally invoking classic zombie films. Besides Inazuma is the artist WTF were people expecting? It all starts making sense when your realize that the guy doing the art is a hentai artist. The character interaction is also fairly decent too. Heck it is better than Tenjou Tenge. I mean even for a school fight anime/manga it is just bullshit. The source is even worse as the author basically rick rolls the reader with a decent start that just spirals into pure shit by the end. Fuck Tenjou Tenge. Eureka Seven is another crap show too.

RipVanTinkle said:
ALright, I'm taking one more shot at this: Nighshift Nurses

;_;

I should really stop blindly trusting my friends when they say "Hey, just watch this for a few minutes."
Google is your friend. Also shame on people for mentioning Bible Black of course it is bad it is a hentai. *Is mentally scarred from coming across it once without realizing what it was....