Recommend me an up-beat and positive game!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Spyro the Dragon until you hit Swamp Land. Honestly Steam doesn't have much in the way of up-beat games. The PS1 has a nice assortment, but most games you're looking for are rated KA-E. OH OH SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE. IT MAKES EVERYTHING OK...until the harder levels.

EDIT: In your steam thingy there's BulletStorm. There's some sad parts but mostly awesome/funny parts. Just stop playing when you meet the general. He's such an asshole.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
bafrali said:
Rayman Origins. It is so funky, It makes you love Ubisoft.

Need I say more?
Definitely this.

Most fun I've had in a long time, the music and levels are just awesome. :)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
Upbeat, positive games?
Katamari Damacy!
First thing that popped in my head too. It's a great game where you roll up puppies, schoolchildren, people's houses, boats, and all sorts of things into a big ball and your father (the king of the cosmos) immolates all of it into a new star.

Wait, nevermind.

Play some nintendogs or sims OP, you'll feel better in the morning.

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
I'd recommend Thomas was alone, it might have some dark moments, but it's pretty lighthearted.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
You have not played Psychonauts. Play it. Get some bags of microwave popcorn and real butter or some fizzy drinks or whatever makes you happy and keeps you going and play Psychonauts. It is as upbeat as doing LSD in wonderland, no calories whatsoever. Upbeat, good stuff. Go play. Now.

You also have Stubbs the Zombie. Play it. Finish it. Pee in the pool. Do it. Now. It's like Walking Dead with Disney in 50ies wonderland, with friendly neighbourhoods, eager policemen, helpful retro robots, nice music and you, the zombie. throw intestines, fart in people's general direction or rip their heads off. It's all splendid fun. There's a zombie pandemic happening and you're the one to blame for it, you naughty zombie. Splendid stuff. Doesn't cost a limb, you already got it.

I don't see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on the list. Most upbeat realistic post-nuclear title. Ever. It's Russia, everyone wants to kill you and you absolutely need to survive to make it to the end. It's a bit edgy, but its traumatic and stressful moments might help take the edge off that Spec Ops: The Line thing you got going.

Symphony is on sale now. Better than Advil and Prozac combined. Just zone out. Enjoy music, enjoy colours, shoot shit. Simple.

Too bad there's no Noby Noby Boy for you. It's like a big reset button for the brain.

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/noby_noby_boy_1.jpg

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
GonzoGamer said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Upbeat, positive games?
Katamari Damacy!
First thing that popped in my head too. It's a great game where you roll up puppies, schoolchildren, people's houses, boats, and all sorts of things into a big ball and your father (the king of the cosmos) immolates all of it into a new star.

Wait, nevermind.
It's ok! They don't mind!

D-Class 198482

Jul 17, 2012
Rock of Ages if you want something that makes such little sense it'll make you go into giggling fits
Captcha: happy retirement
or you can retire

MacLeRoy

Jan 13, 2011
YOU HAVE FREAKING PSYCHONAUTS, DUNGEON DEFENDERS AND TERRERIA!!! WHAT ELSE COULD YOU POSSIBLY NEED TO BUY!?!

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Psychonauts, Quantum Conundrum, Little Inferno (though the premise is a little dark), i-fluid, The Wonderful End of The World, for a little relaxing game maybe Zen Bound 2, Train Simulator 2013 is very good.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
imahobbit4062 said:
I only got upto where you control Dimitri I think of the final part. I really don't remember, I just remember it being controlled like shit.
Oh yeah with that fish boss... That fight was awful.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Up-beat? Ever played an up-beat beat-up game? It's called "Viewtiful Joe" and it's hilariously-weird. It's also got a sequel. Would you believe it's called "Viewtiful Joe 2"?

Then, there's also Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. The latter is a sequel.

Rayman Origins made my face hurt, because I couldn't stop grinning ear-to-ear. I suspect the same thing is going to happen with the sequel. What? No, it's not called "Rayman Origins 2"! It's called "Rayman Legends"!

There's always the lovably-colorful-and-cartoony-but-still-all-kinds-of-rockin-awesome classic Sonic the Hedgehog titles. The Adventure ones are awesome, too, but... considerably darker. I mean...
...first an entire city gets flash-flooded, then Prison Island blows up, and then the entire planet almost gets destroyed!
You may also enjoy Plants vs. Zombies, the Ratchet & Clank series, TimeSplitters, Banjo-Kazooie, Serious Sam, and...

Do tell me if this puts a smile on your face...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cWGFBBRnk