Recommend me and my boyfriend a good coop shooter

gmergurl

Jan 27, 2011
Two things:
1. No CoD or MW please.
2. We only have pc (Steam) and PS3 available to us.

So my boyfriend and I have come to a bit of standstill with shooters to play together. We've played Borderlands (loved it), Resistance: Fall of Man (loved it in the beginning, then came back and not so much love), Army of Two (loved the first one, the second not so much). We own Pay Day: The Heist, but I haven't downloaded it just yet... doing that tonight actually.

We really enjoy playing games together, but we've kinda beaten every coop game we have, to the point we're even making single player games co-op but that's a bit less fun. Anything that's not really repetitive would be awesome (of course it's shooters so I don't expect much). We are college kids, so anything cheap(er) would be greatly appreciated. :)

We already have Dungeon Defenders so no need to recommend that either.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
A very good co-op shooter (In my opinion) Is a game called 'Timesplitters'. It has three installations, ranging from the PS2 to the Xbox. I do not know if it is on the PC, but it may be. (I also do not know if you can play PS2 games on the PS3).

Axb993

Jan 9, 2011
I'd say Left 4 Dead 1 or 2. They're made by Valve meaning that no matter how good they actually are they are awesome, and they're both amazing fun with friends.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Left 4 Dead that ish! You can probably get both L4D and L4D2 on Steam for less than 30 dollars.

EDIT: Hahahahaha Triple Left 4 Dead recommendation in the same minute.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Hmmm... Not sure if it's a shooter per se, but Portal 2 (if you haven't already played it) has a really nice co-op feature.

Also, a good alternative to L4D would be Killing Floor.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
+1 for the Left for Dead games.

It's basically the co-op shooter.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
If you have two computers to play it on, I highly recommend Splinter Cell: Conviction. The game has the most fleshed-out and fun cooperative modes in any game I've ever played. Trust may, the game is almost two years old and it continues to CONSUME me and my friends in endless hours of fun.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
I've been hearing nothing but good things about Serious Sam 3 BFE. It's got a Co-Op mode.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Heh, I was gonna suggest PAYDAY, but you've already got it. Go download and play it; it's great.
If you don't know;
It's kinda like L4D2 robs a bank, with a bit of Killing Floor in the mix in the form of unlocks and the different difficulties. The levels are a decent length and the game's difficulty settings are actually truthful (hard really is hard, etc.)
Oh yeah Killing Floor is good if you don't have it already. Get it when it's on sale though.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
gmergurl said:
Two things:
1. No CoD or MW please.
2. We only have pc (Steam) and PS3 available to us.

So my boyfriend and I have come to a bit of standstill with shooters to play together. We've played Borderlands (loved it), Resistance: Fall of Man (loved it in the beginning, then came back and not so much love), Army of Two (loved the first one, the second not so much). We own Pay Day: The Heist, but I haven't downloaded it just yet... doing that tonight actually.

We really enjoy playing games together, but we've kinda beaten every coop game we have, to the point we're even making single player games co-op but that's a bit less fun. Anything that's not really repetitive would be awesome (of course it's shooters so I don't expect much). We are college kids, so anything cheap(er) would be greatly appreciated. :)

We already have Dungeon Defenders so no need to recommend that either.
-Fear 3 is quite good for co op.
-Rainbow 6 vegas 1-2 are excellant tactical shooters.
-Resident evil 5 may not be scary, but non-the-less has excellant co op.
And the other games people have suggested - Especially L4d2. BEST CO OP GAME EVER!

Also timesplitters is only on ps2 and xbox. And do not play on the ps3.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I would really like to say Portal 2, but it's really more of a puzzle game than a shooter. Despite it being first person.

So instead, I'll recommend Left 4 Dead 1 or 2.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
You could grab a N64 and Goldeneye 007 on eBay for cheap. Or alternately, portal 2, or maybe minecraft.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Hehe..."coop shooter" [http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Shoot-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000NVSPQM].

Apologies. I couldn't resist.

Aug 1, 2010
Unreal Tournament 3 is a GREAT choice. The stuff you can do in Co-Op that you can't with bots is just awesome.
A favorite tactic among my friends is to do an aerial assault with the Hoverboard tether and aircraft.

As others have said, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are fantastic.

Portal 2 is great if you like puzzle games at all.