Recommend me some PS3 games, would you kindly.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Okay, so finally splurged, went out and got a PS3 today. Digging it's power, the thumbsticks are irritating as all hell though. Problem is, as previously stated I'm rather wary of review companies, so what games should a new PS3 owner pick up?

I'm into shooters, third-person action and the odd racing game.

360/PC fanboys. I would really appreciate it if you guys wouldn't fuck up this thread. I own both a 360 and a PC, and I love them both. So please don't feel a need to spew about "TEH SUPERIOR CONSOLE"

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Uncharted 2
Demon's Souls
InFamous
Red Dead Redemption
God of War 1+2 HD and GOW 3

Off the top of my head. :p

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Killzone 2 and the Uncharted series come to mind. Haters gonna hate, but I enjoyed both.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
Bioshock, Force Unleashed, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Prototype, and second recommendations for InFamous & God of War.

Jun 7, 2010
Infamous is a must.

You might like uncharted 2 but i hate all the characters in that game with a passion. Exept the villain, he has 1 good line. Maybe rent it or something.

Littlebigplanet 2 Is also pretty much destined to be essential when it comes out in january.

Also Brutal legend, but i reccommend that game to everything with a pulse.

What games do you have i can maybe reccomend some more :)

EDIT: AND GOW3! i couldn't forget god of war 3, that game is awesome.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Wow, thanks for the fast replies fellas!

Secret world leader (shhh) said:
Right now, I own.. nothing. At all. So say whatever comes to mind! Based on this thread I'll probably grab Infamous and Killzone 2, I loved Red Dead Redemption for the 360 so I'll try it out on the PS3 as well.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
SlainPwner666 said:
360/PC fanboys. I would really appreciate it if you guys wouldn't fuck up this thread. I own both a 360 and a PC, and I love them both. So please don't feel a need to spew about "TEH SUPERIOR CONSOLE"
You're on the Escapist. We're pretty sophisticated on the console battleground unless someone gives a title that is multiplatform some platform exclusives and nothing for others. That is where the problems come in and we start to get agitated.

OT:

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and Crack in Time.

Resistance 1 and if you want, 2.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS! YEAH!

When Gran Turismo 5 comes out, grab that.

LittleBIGPlanet

inFAMOUS

God of War Collection and 3.

Demon's Souls (Never Give up)

Uncharted 1 and 2.

That's just the PS3 games, if you want me to go into PSN then we might be here a little longer.

Calumon: Yay for PS1 compato... Compagraggy... games! :D

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
SlainPwner666 said:
You're on the Escapist. We're pretty sophisticated on the console battleground unless someone gives a title that is multiplatform some platform exclusives and nothing for others. That is where the problems come in and we start to get agitated.

OT:

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and Crack in Time.

Resistance 1 and if you want, 2.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS! YEAH!

When Gran Turismo 5 comes out, grab that.

LittleBIGPlanet

inFAMOUS

God of War Collection and 3.

Demon's Souls (Never Give up)

Uncharted 1 and 2.

That's just the PS3 games, if you want me to go into PSN then we might be here a little longer.

Calumon: Yay for PS1 compato... Compagraggy... games! :D
Well, that warning comes from the Gamespot forums, which I used to frequent. If I made a thread like this, it'd have about 50 replies by now, all of them "LOL PS3? GET A 360 YOU FUCKING NOOB"

Sure, head into PSN. I'm writing down all of these to check out their demos anyhow.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
KillZone 2, you need to have that, for practise because the game is tough as nails and actually really good. Also its multiplayer is the strongest of the current gen games, the lobby is as slick as can be and a single game has all the types of games involved, and not to mention the seriously wieghty controls, play KZ 2 and get used to that then go dominate on other games.

Jun 7, 2010
SlainPwner666 said:

Right now, I own.. nothing. At all. So say whatever comes to mind! Based on this thread I'll probably grab Infamous and Killzone 2, I loved Red Dead Redemption for the 360 so I'll try it out on the PS3 as well.
The orange box is also brilliant if you don't already have it for PC or something. 5 games on one disc should last you a while.

Just cause 2 is also a super timesink.

And if you get into it, Dragon age: origins will ruin your social life.

Kursura

Apr 8, 2010
You could try Pure, an extreme quad biking game that I enjoyed.
Burnout paradise is another excellent racer you could try.

Edit: almost forgot, you have to get Flower off the psn. It's a game everyone should try.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
SlainPwner666 said:

The orange box is also brilliant if you don't already have it for PC or something. 5 games on one disc should last you a while.

Just cause 2 is also a super timesink.

And if you get into it, Dragon age: origins will ruin your social life.
I have the orange box for both PC and 360, I love it on the PC, but on 360 Team Fortress 2 is more or less worthless. Does Valve actually UPDATE it on the PS3?

getbonus

Sep 14, 2010
Wipeout HD is an awesome racer which can be had for cheap. One of the best downloads you'll find on the system.

Ultratwinkie said:
funny how they all fit onto ONE page.
I see what you did there.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
These are must buy games for the Ps3.

Exclusives:
Uncharted drakes fortune
Uncharted 2: among theives
Valkyria chronicles
Infamous
Demons souls