Recommend me some PS3 games, would you kindly.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
SlainPwner666 said:
360/PC fanboys. I would really appreciate it if you guys wouldn't fuck up this thread. I own both a 360 and a PC, and I love them both. So please don't feel a need to spew about "TEH SUPERIOR CONSOLE"
You're on the Escapist. We're pretty sophisticated on the console battleground unless someone gives a title that is multiplatform some platform exclusives and nothing for others. That is where the problems come in and we start to get agitated.

OT:

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and Crack in Time.

Resistance 1 and if you want, 2.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS! YEAH!

When Gran Turismo 5 comes out, grab that.

LittleBIGPlanet

inFAMOUS

God of War Collection and 3.

Demon's Souls (Never Give up)

Uncharted 1 and 2.

That's just the PS3 games, if you want me to go into PSN then we might be here a little longer.

Calumon: Yay for PS1 compato... Compagraggy... games! :D
Well, my thread asking for advice on how to fix my Xbox was bombarded with "Xbox sucks! Get a PS3/PC!"

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Exclusives:

Uncharted 2
inFamous
Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Killzone 2
Sports Champions (Along with Move)
Metal Gear Solid 4
God of War 3

As for multiplats, you've probably already gotten what you want on your 360/PC.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:
do you have a PSN ID yet?
Not yet, but I definitely will post it here when I do! I'm taking it slow. Just got back from the store, grabbed Killzone 2 and RDD, Infamous wasn't in stock.
Killzone 2 is a slower and far clunkier of a shooter than most - but it's refreshing to feel as though you're controlling someone who isn't a camera on an automated tripod with wheels. So, for better or for worse, you're controlling someone with actual weight.

Regardless, I think you'll enjoy it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Hazy said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:
Not yet, but I definitely will post it here when I do! I'm taking it slow. Just got back from the store, grabbed Killzone 2 and RDD, Infamous wasn't in stock.
Killzone 2 is a slower and far clunkier of a shooter than most - but it's refreshing to feel as though you're controlling someone who isn't a camera on an automated tripod with wheels. So, for better or for worse, you're controlling someone with actual weight.

read the top of this page. he already bought it. :)

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:
Fun game with Killzone 2. On occasion, pull out your knife and charge them with it. It is surprisingly effective.

Actually it's unbelievably effective. I killed a whole platoon of Hellghans with it. Doesn't work so much online but it does say alot about the AI.

Calumon: You could buy Digimon World! :D

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
ultrachicken said:
Well, my thread asking for advice on how to fix my Xbox was bombarded with "Xbox sucks! Get a PS3/PC!"
*must. resist. Xbox. Quip...*

ok Sometimes the forums can be a bit immature. but overall its better than most of the internet.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Whatever game types you like - if you have a PS3, you should play Heavy Rain. Beat it 16 times, every one totally worth it. Also it's the only game so far (and I played a LOT of games heavy relying on emotions and story with Planescape: Torment on the top of that list), that made me feel THAT much for the characters, to the point, where after losing one of my chars during first playthrough (Jayden in a car crusher. Ouch!), I turned off the game with my shaky hands, got to the bed, and shed a few tears, because he died because of me. That's how strong this game is.

Other than that, InFamous is a barrel of fun, and Uncharted series, Resistance (the first one. The second one was meh) seems to fit your gaming cup so you should check it as well.

Oh right, almost forgot - God Of War III. Crappy ending aside, it's still a great and epic game.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:
Fun game with Killzone 2. On occasion, pull out your knife and charge them with it. It is surprisingly effective.

Actually it's unbelievably effective. I killed a whole platoon of Hellghans with it. Doesn't work so much online but it does say alot about the AI.

i did that on *name of hardest difficulty. dont judge me i have a terrible memory.* took me half a hour picking em off one by one with the knife.

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Hazy said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:

Yeah, I heard some talk about it's slow controls and what not. I'm still willing to give it a shot however, because according to several friends who already own it, they say you get used to it after a while and it ceases to really be an annoyance. I guess the same can be said of rabies or testicular cancer, but I digress.

Jack and Calumon said:
Just to be sure, you did get Calumon his rabies shots, right?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
vallorn said:
Hazy said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:

Uhuh, and I was one of the people who originally recommended it.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
I don't own a PS3 nor do i plan to, but i've played Infamous on my friend's PS3. Honestly it was just f*cking around grinding rails and climbing and stuff, but 'twas quite fun.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Hazy said:
vallorn said:
Hazy said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:

and my brain stopped working for 5 mins... sorry. X(

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
vallorn said:
Hazy said:
vallorn said:
Hazy said:
SlainPwner666 said:
vallorn said:

and my brain stopped working for 5 mins... sorry. X(
Heh, no worries. :D

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Noble Cookie said:
I don't own a PS3 nor do i plan to, but i've played Infamous on my friend's PS3. Honestly it was just f*cking around grinding rails and climbing and stuff, but 'twas quite fun.
its mainly that for most of the game. the story missions are excellent though.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Get a PC...
seriously though the only games I have for my PS3 are: GoW3 and Demon's Soul... so I guess I recommend those two...

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Sacman said:
Get a PC...
seriously though the only games I have for my PS3 are: GoW3 and Demon's Soul... so I guess I recommend those two...
PC, elitist.
can you just add something without the " GET A PC THERE BETTER THAN ANY CONSOLE!" speech?

apart from that. i dont that GoW3 is that good a game.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
If I had to recommend one series it'd be Ratchet and Clank (start with Tools and then onto Booty and Crack).

Karlott

Apr 8, 2009
I don't own a PS3 and haven't cared for any of the console exclusives particularly, except for inFamous. That game eats epic and poops pure win.