Recommend One Album

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Tinneh said:
Matt_LRR said:
Tinneh said:
Matt_LRR said:
Every person who considers themselves a music fan should own this album.

-m
I never got into Radiohead much past those two songs that everybody has heard (Paranoid Android and Creep, of course), I'll have to give this a look.
Just be warned - it sounds nothing like either of those songs. Kid A is like experimental electronic rock.

-m
I'm listening to the title track as I type this, it's different, not bad, just not what I'm used to. "What I'm used to" being 80's-90's punk, so this is kind of a big step away from my comfort zone, you know? But I'll find the rest of the album and listen to it.

EDIT - I'm listening to Idioteque, and I'm liking it a lot more.
listen to the whole album in order as a single piece of work. listening to it piecemeal won't really do it justice. Not as a new listener.

-m

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Matt_LRR said:

-m
~And "OK Computer" and "Pablo Honey" and "The Bends" and, well, all of Radiohead's albums I guess, cause they're just that awesome. But I realise he just said one so i'll say "Surrealistic Pillow" by Jefferson Airplane, what better album to symbolise the 60's?

elcamino41383 said:
Matt_LRR said:

-m
Guess I should no longer consider myself a music fan. I personally don't like Radiohead at all.
I never did either, but then I started listening to The Bends and realised what a fool I was.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Also forgot to add
&
Both are by the Pixies

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
Tinneh said:
Matt_LRR said:
Tinneh said:
Matt_LRR said:

-m
I never got into Radiohead much past those two songs that everybody has heard (Paranoid Android and Creep, of course), I'll have to give this a look.
Just be warned - it sounds nothing like either of those songs. Kid A is like experimental electronic rock.

-m
I'm listening to the title track as I type this, it's different, not bad, just not what I'm used to. "What I'm used to" being 80's-90's punk, so this is kind of a big step away from my comfort zone, you know? But I'll find the rest of the album and listen to it.

EDIT - I'm listening to Idioteque, and I'm liking it a lot more.
"National Anthem" is fucking good but as mentioned elsewhere, you really have to listen to it in order though to properly enjoy the album. Though I still think the bends is better, though not as good as OK Computer.

The Red Dragon said:
Berserker119 said:
How about, Tool - 10,000 Days. Awesome album.
Reynard Wrecce said:
Tool - Lateralus.
Tool - Aenima.

Three fantastic albums right there.
I agree. Third Eye is especially good.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
Keasby Nights as performed by Streetlight Manifesto.

or Reel Big Fish "Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album"

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Plastic Muscles said:
Metric - Grow Up and Blow Away
This album is just brilliant.
I wish they would go back to that style so bad. Old world underground was ok, but really, nothing they've done has ever come close to the quality of Grow up and blow away.

-m

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
Gustav Holst: the Planets. Heard one of its songs, Mars the Bringer of War, in a music video, dl'd the album, and loved it so much I paid to go hear it live at my city's symphony orchestra. Great musical score.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
"Heavy Weather" by Weather Report is a record that I'd highly recommend if you want to get into anything jazz related.

Besides that, you all took my ideas lol.

Plastic Muscles

Apr 9, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
Plastic Muscles said:
Metric - Grow Up and Blow Away
This album is just brilliant.
I wish they would go back to that style so bad. Old world underground was ok, but really, nothing they've done has ever come close to the quality of Grow up and blow away.

-m
I agree, as much as I like what they did before and after grow up and blow away this album has stuck out the most. This album is in a league of its own and probably one of my favourite albums of all time.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
To whoever recommended Opeth's Damnation, well done. Beautiful stuff.

My personal recommendation is Porcupine Tree's "In Absentia". Perfection from start to finish, from one of my favourite bands ever.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
[atomi|c|adaver said:
]WHAT!? Demon Days by Gorillaz
i mean come on. And why have no-one said Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd???

really people.
Both really good choices.
So since you suggested them, I'll suggest Tom Waits' Rain Dogs.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
I would like to propose two albums if I may.

First, Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta, it's a sorta Gypsy- Folk-Punk-Awesomeness

Then, Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish & The Hotdog Flavored Water

I know Limp Bizkit has a terrible reputation, but listening to them now, it's so refreshing when your surrounded by todays music that all sounds the same.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
[atomi|c|adaver said:
]WHAT!? Demon Days by Gorillaz
i mean come on. And why have no-one said Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd???

really people.
Both really good choices.
So since you suggested them, I'll suggest Tom Waits' Rain Dogs.

Oh god yes, this.

Tango 'til They're Sore is one of my favourite songs.