Recommend One Album

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission (Rock)

1: It's the first album I laid eyes on when I was thinking what to post
2: It's really good, although perhaps quite mainstream, every song is decent.
3: If you go to HMV all four Lostprophets albums come under the 2 for £10 deal, so you can get all of them for £20. (hint: I cannot recommend this enough)
Yet, In my opinion the worst Lostprophets album. Rooftops is horribly over-rated. Start Something ftw.
And said before, but Beatles Abbey Road.

Shaun Hastings

Apr 28, 2010
Speak For Yourself by Imogen Heap.

She's my favourite singer and whenever I'm down, I always pick up this album and pop it into the CD player.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
NeutralMunchHotel said:
EClaris said:

Lo-Fi Alternative.

I know men who cry when they listen to this album, it's that good.

EDIT: No italics in spoiler bars? baaaaw
Never heard of it.
Once I saw your username, my day was made.

Thank you.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
The Ambrosian said:
tomtom94 said:

1: It's the first album I laid eyes on when I was thinking what to post
2: It's really good, although perhaps quite mainstream, every song is decent.
3: If you go to HMV all four Lostprophets albums come under the 2 for £10 deal, so you can get all of them for £20. (hint: I cannot recommend this enough)
Yet, In my opinion the worst Lostprophets album. Rooftops is horribly over-rated. Start Something ftw.
And said before, but Beatles Abbey Road.
I predicted someone would say that. Personally I think LibTran is the best entry point for future fans, because Start Something is a bit too heavy for some.

I agree about Rooftops, but what about A Town, Can't Stop and Can't Catch? All excellent songs IMO.

C_Topher

May 17, 2009
Along Came a Spider by Alice Cooper.
It`s a concept album that tells the story of a serial killer. The album features Slash for one song, Ozzy Osborne on another, and has a good mix of the type of songs. There`s a slower ballad, some faster hard rock, and a surprisingly uplifting song entitled `Salvation`. A must have for any Alice Cooper Fans, or anyone that likes things like Dexter, Silence of the Lambs, or that entire genre.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
Try to find a bad song on this album.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
GamesB2 said:
Zebrahead - Phoenix

Lots of funny and awesome punk rock from one of my favourite bands out there.

Also quite raprocky in an awesome way.
Hells yeah! Sure, it's one of their newer albums, but I love it. Especially HMP and Mike Dexter, those are the best songs in my opinion.

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
Hmm, so hard to decide between:

One Life Stand by Hot Chip
The Odd Couple by Gnarls Barkley

Both are such amazing albums!

Shikari

Mar 13, 2009
Chase & Status - More Than Alot.
Great DnB album.
Glad to see Streetlight Manifesto and A Wilhelm Scream are already here though :D

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
tomtom94 said:
I have actually just listened to only one song on that album, Everyday Combat, which is awesome.

OT:
Soilwork - Figure Number Five
It's one of the more gentle albums by the Swedish Melodic Death Metal band Soilwork [SUB]I think that [USER]Fellwarden[/USER] and I are the only ones on the Escapist that listen to them..[/SUB]. It has several tracks that are super awesome and some tracks that are just OMGWTFBBQ!!?-awesome. Definitely recommended by me.

I recommend listening to Distortion Sleep, Strangler and Light the Torch, those are the most awesome, they're my favourites.
<youtube=_CgtCqzN0gY>
<youtube=VKZBFts4lPo>
<youtube=BPvXpkimp94>
<youtube=596AJMWfUQQ>
<youtube=I4jO6Ytq9pI>

googleit6

May 12, 2010
A few people have already suggested this album, but I'll say it again. Absolution by Muse is amazing.
Though, when recommending that, I would also have to suggest Origin of Symmetry by them as well. Fantastic stuff.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Radiohead - Ok Computer.
It's my all-time favorite album.
And if we had greatest hits in a different category then I'd say Iron Maiden's Somewhere Back In Time collection.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge (2008)
[small]Folk and power metal, with a pirate theme. Accordions![/small]

Alestorm - Blacks Sails at Midnight (2009)
[small]Look above.[/small]

Clutch - Robot Hive: Exodus (2005)
[small]Rock, kind of, uhh...a stoner kind of rock, I guess?[/small]

Skindred - Babylon (2004)
[small]Mixture of alternative rock, heavy metal, punk rock and reggae. The band calls it "reggae metal".[/small]

Skindred - Roots Rock Riot (2007)
[small]Look above.[/small]

Well, that's more than one, I admit. But...eh, so? Also, there are a LOT more albums that I really, really like, but I just took the ones that I listen to the most right now.