Recommend One Album

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
the Moon and Antarctica by Modest Mouse

Their best album in my opinion and one of my favorites of all time

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
And for fans of hip-hop, I would REALLY recommend "Midnight Marauders" and "The Low End Theory" by A Tribe Called Quest.

Seriously, just listen to them if you want something out of the ordinary.

benrules12345

Jun 28, 2010
The Mark, Tom And Travis Show ( The Enema Strikes Back) - Blink 182

Great Live Music And Funny One Liners, Just Can't Stop Listening To It, It's Amazing

elldur

Mar 19, 2009
The Beatles (the White Album)a double album that was released in 1968. It is a 60's rock and roll type set that covers a lot of different genres. I would include it as one of my 3 "must haves" on a desert island. (with some kind of music player, of course)

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
If I had to list only one album, it would have to be Life is Sweet by The Lodger. It is a great bit of Indie pop-rock:

However, I can't help but recommend a few other albums, namely How Vulgar by Lodger (not to be confused with The Lodger)

Live at St. Anne's Warehouse by Aimee Mann (sort of a greatest hits, but she is fantastic live)

And it may not be from the live CD, but it sounds almost the same

Finally I'd recommend Sawdust by The Killers

Not an orignal on this album, but I perfer this version to the original and again, not an original, but a fantastic cover

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
LocustCloud said:
Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead
The live version of the album (the one with the symphony orchestra) is nothing short of epic. The original album I just find a bit too strange (yeah, I preferred SOAD)

Jul 13, 2010
With Kid A already being down, I'd say In Rainbows, which is my personal favourite album. Its easier to get into then other Radiohead albums, but some people don't like that its not as dark as previous albums.

also:
ars731 said:

^ Fantastic album, certainly my fave MM as well

Zhalath

Mar 19, 2009
Master of Puppets, Metallica. Behind the heavy thrash metal is actually a well-composed and arranged album. Even people who profess to hate metal like the bridge in the title track.

Also, the world needs more metal.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Scobie said:
Tinneh said:
As for an album to recommend, get Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables from the Dead Kennedys, the only album you'll ever need. It's a great intro to the good kind of punk (as in, not made this decade).
I wouldn't say you'll never need to listen to anything else, but it's certainly a fantastic album. Seconded.

As for my own, my favourite album from my current favourite band: Senor Smoke, by Electric Six. Contains such awesome tracks as Rock and Roll Evacuation, Bite Me, Dance Epidemic and Future Boys. One sample:
That's a cool sounding song, I'll have to listen to some of their other stuff.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
uro vii said:
With Kid A already being down, I'd say In Rainbows, which is my personal favourite album. Its easier to get into then other Radiohead albums, but some people don't like that its not as dark as previous albums.

also:
ars731 said:

^ Fantastic album, certainly my fave MM as well
I'd say the Lonesome Crowded West is better... but all these conversations end up going round in circles!

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Well I'd say Black Holes and Revelations, but I kinda want to do something more obscure, so...
Goldfish-Perceptions of Pacha
This is a cool techno album that breaks the boundaries of its genre. It's got a lot of great jazzy sound, with some awesome vocals and really sweet saxophone solos. If you're looking for something different and awesome, check it out.​