Referee Decapitated After Stabbing Player

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
That's just messed up from every angle geez. I can understand the ref being beaten or detained by the crowd after he stabs someone to death, but decapitation, stoning, and a freaking pike?!

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
FoolKiller said:
Campaigner said:
MAN! Crazy people! I think this is just mindblowingly awesome! Those Brazilians sure got BALLS! THAT'S for certain!

I totally understand his friends and relatives anger and fully support their revenge on the refeere. Paying back in the same currency with interest (head on a pike!).

Just awesome! :)
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm not for violence but if someone brutally stabs my friend/family in front of me, I would have no trouble decapitating that person.
But they didn't just decapitate him. They tortured him for a while, stoned him to death, literally ripped his limbs off, decapitated him, then mounted his head on a pike. No matter how you look at it, that's fucked up. It's just the wrong combination of animalistic rage and calculated cruelty.

I could understand it if they just killed him, maybe even chopped off his head (I wouldn't approve, but that's a different matter), but what they did is not justifiable.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Wow. The whole thing is messed up. The ref killing a player. The fans killing him. Honestly, it's bad just at that point. But putting his head on a pike just makes it surreal.

Everyone is wrong in this case. And we all lose. That's the only way to put it. I can see how it started, but the fact that they went so far as to quarter and mount his head on a pike just sounds like something out of a dark comedy. Like a joke you'd hear in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Not a news story in 2013.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
Where exactly did they get all the things required for that series of events within a soccer stadium? Have I just never noticed the knife/stone/pike vendor before?

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Your thoughts, funny memes and/or Nathan Fillion gifs?
Yeah, know all those people that think "soccer" is for pussies and such? I want to show them this story...

Anyways...

[http://s950.photobucket.com/user/bill_alcala/media/serenity.gif.html]

Im dissapointed Im the first one to have this...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Did someone call for Fillion?

EDIT: A four minute ninja. Impressive!

I think this just reaffirms my latent apathy towards ever visiting South America.

And here I thought I was living in the 21st century. I must've completed a time machine back to the Middle Ages at some point and accidentally fallen through it...

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I am having the weirdest time imagining the situation as it rolls out. Was there a vendor who just happened to have this blood-removing bleach nearby, and everyone though they could do it without ruining their clothes? Was there someone who needed a good drawing reference of what a head on a stake looks like for their Vlad the Impaler art sculpture?

Did they happen to have horses to quarter the guy? Maybe there was a polo match a little later and they had a few good horses. Or did they do it Hun style and put one guy at each arm? Maybe if a fan or two knew how to hotwire or steal one of those water carrying carts, they could've done that. But what would they use to tie his arms?

Where would the get a freaking steak too?

And how would they rip a guys head off?

I'm not disgusted, I'm a bit impressed.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Legion said:
The referee stabbed a player to death for no reason, which means it shouldn't be surprising that the friends and family witnessing it might be willing to kill him in return. I suspect many people would also attack somebody for killing their innocent friend or family member.

But to decapitate, quarter and mount the head on a spike... that is just wrong on far too many levels.

Then again, as much as people like to pretend otherwise, we are still animals, and animals do this kind of thing all of the time. Obviously that does not make it okay in the slightest, and they deserve whatever punishment they get, but it shouldn't be all that surprising that people are capable of such brutality, and it certainly isn't a regional thing or relevant to sports.
Alright, I buy the "Humans are animals"-Thing.
Please show me an animal that works itself into a blood frenzy, then kills without any need for food or defense, solely because it has a massive hard-on for death... and then mutilates the dead body just to present it to others.
Even for animals that kind of behaviour would not be normal, which leads me to believe that there is some part of the story that we don't know yet.

I find it hard to believe that witnessing a stabbing is enough to turn a stadium full of otherwise normally adjusted people into a scene from "Cannibal Holocaust".

Campaigner

Mar 29, 2009
ZombieFanatic said:
But they didn't just decapitate him. They tortured him for a while, stoned him to death, literally ripped his limbs off, decapitated him, then mounted his head on a pike. No matter how you look at it, that's fucked up. It's just the wrong combination of animalistic rage and calculated cruelty.

I could understand it if they just killed him, maybe even chopped off his head (I wouldn't approve, but that's a different matter), but what they did is not justifiable.
I don't know if they ripped of his arms and legs. DAMN brutal if they did that.

I know it's something you expect to see in a videogame but people can get into a frenzied rage.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
This proves that there is a clear link between football and violence. We need to ban sales of football game tickets to minors and institute mandatory psychiatric evaluations for those minors who already play it. We need a sports rating system too.

If we don't, we can expect to see outbreaks of school hanging, drawing, and quarterings.

ClockworkAngel

Nov 9, 2008
I don't get why sports drives people to such frenzied levels. With the riots and the property damage and the .. decapitating.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
Campaigner said:
ZombieFanatic said:

I don't know if they ripped of his arms and legs. DAMN brutal if they did that.

I know it's something you expect to see in a videogame but people can get into a frenzied rage.
The article says they quartered him, which means they ripped him apart by pulling his limbs. It was traditionally done with four horses and some rope. As for the second part, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Yes, people can get into a frenzied rage, and that doesn't make what they do okay.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
So... now we have to figure out who is at fault... The soccer player was ignoring the ref's ruling, but that is not much an excuse to be stabbed... but the guy should of been arrested, not killed in the most dark age way imaginable...

>_>

You know what, I am going to just stick with baseball.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011

It's hard for me to expess the level of "WAT?!" I'm feeling right now.
I.. It's.....
They fucking quartered the dude?!
Did someone at some point not just say, "Wait guys, I think we might be going a bit overboard on this one"
if not, jeez.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
McMullen said:
This proves that there is a clear link between football and violence. We need to ban sales of football game tickets to minors and institute mandatory psychiatric evaluations for those minors who already play it. We need a sports rating system too.

If we don't, we can expect to see outbreaks of school hanging, drawing, and quarterings.
I know you're making a joke, but something's wrong with people who enjoy football. Football in Europe and South America have such massive riots after their little game of kicking a ball around, it's pathetic. Hundreds of thousands yearly go and fight each other, thousands riot in the street, and people even die because of this "sport." I know it's not the sport itself, but the culture. UK, Brazil, Spain and such are huge offenders with this. People have serious issues with their sports. It feels like every single day I read a new report of rioting, attacking the players, stabbings, or stampedes because of football.

It has issues. People who go to these games need to get evaluated before they hurt more people.

(Flame wall, activated)

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
staika said:
Sadly it didn't surprise me as much as it should, there seem to be a lot of riots going on in Brazil recently. But the fact that they would go so far as to torture and decapitate a ref is shocking. It doesn't help that the world cup and the next summer Olympics will be in Brazil so I hope they get much better security during that time.
I lost the game...

You bastard!

OT: Thats p;retty fucked up. These guys need some DnD in their lives.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Exterminas said:
Legion said:
The referee stabbed a player to death for no reason, which means it shouldn't be surprising that the friends and family witnessing it might be willing to kill him in return. I suspect many people would also attack somebody for killing their innocent friend or family member.

But to decapitate, quarter and mount the head on a spike... that is just wrong on far too many levels.

Then again, as much as people like to pretend otherwise, we are still animals, and animals do this kind of thing all of the time. Obviously that does not make it okay in the slightest, and they deserve whatever punishment they get, but it shouldn't be all that surprising that people are capable of such brutality, and it certainly isn't a regional thing or relevant to sports.
Alright, I buy the "Humans are animals"-Thing.
Please show me an animal that works itself into a blood frenzy, then kills without any need for food or defense, solely because it has a massive hard-on for death... and then mutilates the dead body just to present it to others.
Even for animals that kind of behaviour would not be normal, which leads me to believe that there is some part of the story that we don't know yet.

I find it hard to believe that witnessing a stabbing is enough to turn a stadium full of otherwise normally adjusted people into a scene from "Cannibal Holocaust".
There are many animals that kill for pleasure, dolphins and many kinds of apes for example. Presenting the body to others would be a form of deterrent, by showing their "power" they are discouraging others from challenging them. As for why that would happen despite the situation not calling for it, I suspect because they were not thinking rationally and had instead reverted to their baser instincts.

As for why they went crazy, I suspect a part of it was social tension, from what I have heard that is quite common (it's the kind of thing that also leads to rioting) and I suspect mob mentality played a part of it as well. In the same way that in the past many decent people have stood by an watched atrocities committed (Nazi Germany for example) which they would not normally find acceptable.

I suspect that those who knew the person "saw red" and the rest went along with it, and as more people got involved, it became a frenzy, and at that point logic doesn't really play any part it's all instinct.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well since I was once witness to a football fan dispute this hardly surprises me, ya they all talk nice until the curtain is pulled and you notice 80% of those people actually just come to matches in hope of a fight, well wish bloody granted...

And I do like how the police didn't consider it necessary to arrest that ref after he just publicly executed a player.

2HF

May 24, 2011
The number of people in this thread who don't mind the full on murder of a live human being but are appalled by what is done to a corpse is astonishing and depressing. You're priorities are unbelievably out of whack. Much like the mothers who would come into Gamestop and want to buy their kids GTA or Saints Row. I'd read them the list of content and they'd shrug at drug use and graphic violence but god forbid little Tommy see a tit. That shit's crossing the line.