Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Innegativeion said:
Matthew94 said:
Fox can take out a Jet on his own without a vehicle, that is just as cool.
Without a gun?
I never said they were childish, you are the one putting words in mouths.
It's in the very message you just quoted, look:

Any yes, Space ships are cooler and less childish than brightly coloured ponies who believe "friendship is magic".
Don't use a descriptor if you don't want to imply that description.
With a gun I never implied he didn't have one.

I said less childish. Ok,you got me, what do I forefit? It's 1:37, my will to care is lessening every second.

A Weary Exile said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:
In what way is it childish I ask you? They are going to save the freaking galaxy from a man who wants to watch them die, not childish at all.

You are taunted about how your father squealed before he died and how you were going to be tortured.

Childish?
Not_sure_if_troll_or_just_stupid.jpg

I mean, everypony knows that in MLP:FiM the mane cast embarked on a quest to stop an evil tyrant who planned to stop the Sun rising, casting their world into eternal darkness.

But then I suppose they didn't do it with polygonal spaceships so it's not cool.
Ok, first of all. Your villian simply threatened to cause harm. Andross destroyed nearly all life in the system and turned worlds into wastelands (look at Zoness, it is a planet filled with nothing but pollution and machinery).

He was on the verge of winning after he invaded Corneria before the Star Fox team came.

Any yes, Space ships are cooler and less childish than brightly coloured ponies who believe "friendship is magic".

IT'S SO GRIITY AND MATURE! GARGH CHEST HAIR!

When did widespread suffering of characters in a story become a pre-requisite for coolness?
Wasn't for coolness, for not childish.

IT'S 1:30 AM LEAVE ME ALONE ARGH!

Every time I blink there is another message,

To quote Star Wolf "I... can't.... lose!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yeah you're getting a new message every blink cuz you said some stupid shit and we're calling you out on it. You've got what? A half dozen people rebuking you for raising an invalid point and arguing against you on it and your response has been, at every turn "Nuh-uh! Nuh-uh! He's not a cartoon!" despite us showing otherwise.
Stupid shit?

My main points in disliking it never mentioned the fact that it was a cartoon.

That was part of your "counter attack". Somehow me not liking MLP is reason enough to start slinging mud.
Hey now. you're totally valid in you're dislike of My little pony. I was just attacking your statement of "Starfox is not a cartoon"
Although...*checks your comments* Wait, no you can be stupid on those points too.
1.What exactly wrong with being overly positive? Seriously, optimism means lower quality somehow?
2. Yes it's girly however that does not make it a kids show in any way shape or form. The writing is of good enough quality to easily be enjoyed my multiple age groups.
3. yeah well...can't really argue that other than with it's everywhere because it's popular and it's popular because it's surprisingly good.
4.It's not a meme. A show cannot be a meme. It's a popular show that has generated memes but it, in and of itself, is not a meme. It's a pedantic arguement, yes but also an entirely correct one.
1. I saw the meme on 4chan first, the fact MLP clogs up the first page and it's filled with nothing but reaction images and responses to the dislike with things like "im gonna love the shit out of you" etc annoyed me, it made /b/ shitter than it used to be. That dislike has stayed with me.

2. The fact the target audience is a kids show makes it a kids show, good writing doesn't change that.

4. We both agree you are being pedantic, let's leave it at that.

Thanks for calling me stupid though, nice to see you are not above throwing direct insults too.
No problem :) I'm always willing to directly insult people too close-minded to consider other opinions.
1. "Oh no! A pony thread that's just impossible to ignore! I shall go in and insult them for no real reason" Also, "/b/ shittier than it used to be?" Oh silly Matthew, /b/ is and has always been shit and nothing will ever change that.
2. ...and? kids show still doesn't mean it's bad. Pixar makes kids movies that are still of amazingly high quality and enjoyable, again, by all ages.
4. Yup. I'm pedantic. Still right though.
I know /b/ was shit, read above. I don't go into the threads but it annoys me when it clogs up the front page.

2. I don't have a problem with kids shows, girly kids shows on the other hand are not my cup of tea.

4. Nope, just pedantic.
I'm curious, what makes something "girly?" Or more specifically, why would something being "girly" be more important than the writing, art, direction, voice acting etc. of a show?

Nico III

Apr 16, 2008
Febel said:
4. It. Is. Not. A. Meme. "20% Percent cooler" is a meme. "Ten seconds flat" is a meme. "Love and tolerate" is a meme. "Flutterrage" is a meme. My Little Pony: Friendship is magic is not a meme. It is a show that generates a crap ton of memes but is not itself a meme.
Quoted for truth.
Saying that MLP is a meme would be like saying that DBZ is a meme, because "over 9000" is so overused.

Hosker said:
I thought the thread title was "regarding pony hats" when I first looked. That could be the best idea ever.
Hats for ponies, or hats themed around ponies?

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Innegativeion said:
Matthew94 said:
Without a gun?

I said less childish. Ok,you got me, what do I forefit? It's 1:37, my will to care is lessening every second.

A Weary Exile said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:
In what way is it childish I ask you? They are going to save the freaking galaxy from a man who wants to watch them die, not childish at all.

You are taunted about how your father squealed before he died and how you were going to be tortured.

Childish?

I mean, everypony knows that in MLP:FiM the mane cast embarked on a quest to stop an evil tyrant who planned to stop the Sun rising, casting their world into eternal darkness.

But then I suppose they didn't do it with polygonal spaceships so it's not cool.
Ok, first of all. Your villian simply threatened to cause harm. Andross destroyed nearly all life in the system and turned worlds into wastelands (look at Zoness, it is a planet filled with nothing but pollution and machinery).

He was on the verge of winning after he invaded Corneria before the Star Fox team came.

When did widespread suffering of characters in a story become a pre-requisite for coolness?

Yeah you're getting a new message every blink cuz you said some stupid shit and we're calling you out on it. You've got what? A half dozen people rebuking you for raising an invalid point and arguing against you on it and your response has been, at every turn "Nuh-uh! Nuh-uh! He's not a cartoon!" despite us showing otherwise.
Stupid shit?

That was part of your "counter attack". Somehow me not liking MLP is reason enough to start slinging mud.
Hey now. you're totally valid in you're dislike of My little pony. I was just attacking your statement of "Starfox is not a cartoon"
Although...*checks your comments* Wait, no you can be stupid on those points too.
1.What exactly wrong with being overly positive? Seriously, optimism means lower quality somehow?
2. Yes it's girly however that does not make it a kids show in any way shape or form. The writing is of good enough quality to easily be enjoyed my multiple age groups.
3. yeah well...can't really argue that other than with it's everywhere because it's popular and it's popular because it's surprisingly good.
4.It's not a meme. A show cannot be a meme. It's a popular show that has generated memes but it, in and of itself, is not a meme. It's a pedantic arguement, yes but also an entirely correct one.
1. I saw the meme on 4chan first, the fact MLP clogs up the first page and it's filled with nothing but reaction images and responses to the dislike with things like "im gonna love the shit out of you" etc annoyed me, it made /b/ shitter than it used to be. That dislike has stayed with me.

2. The fact the target audience is a kids show makes it a kids show, good writing doesn't change that.

Thanks for calling me stupid though, nice to see you are not above throwing direct insults too.
No problem :) I'm always willing to directly insult people too close-minded to consider other opinions.
1. "Oh no! A pony thread that's just impossible to ignore! I shall go in and insult them for no real reason" Also, "/b/ shittier than it used to be?" Oh silly Matthew, /b/ is and has always been shit and nothing will ever change that.
2. ...and? kids show still doesn't mean it's bad. Pixar makes kids movies that are still of amazingly high quality and enjoyable, again, by all ages.
I know /b/ was shit, read above. I don't go into the threads but it annoys me when it clogs up the front page.

2. I don't have a problem with kids shows, girly kids shows on the other hand are not my cup of tea.

4. Nope, just pedantic.
There we go. "Not my cup of tea." I'm fine with that. you don't have to like it. You also don't have to ***** about it or even pay attention to it.

4. It. Is. Not. A. Meme. "20% Percent cooler" is a meme. "Ten seconds flat" is a meme. "Love and tolerate" is a meme. "Flutterrage" is a meme. My Little Pony: Friendship is magic is not a meme.
4. Yes, is not a meme but caused many memes to be created. Still pedantic as you knew exactly what I meant.
Yes. I did. But that's not important. What's important is being right on this small, incredibly semantics-based issue. Because I'm just that sort of person. So from now on how about saying "It spawns too many annoying memes" instead of "It is an annoying meme." But then you're a petulant little /b/tard who will probably continue doing it in a weak-willed display of spite.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Tommeh Brownleh said:
1. The animation looks like any 5 year old could do better in Adobe Flash
2. The characters are all generic, and have been done before and BETTER
3. There is little to no conflict. At least from what I've seen, the closest thing to conflict they've ever gotten is who gets a fucking ticket to some show.
4. The only relate-able characters are the misanthrope and the shy one. Just. Wow.
Wow... I don't even like the show and I can tell that you've probably never even seen any of it from what you said

1) seriously? just stop there you sound like one of those /b/ people
2) this part I kinda agree with; but hasn't EVERY type of character been done by now?
3) well one of them goes mentally insane and has a life-crisis that could have rivaled that of the Iron Man movie (...had it lasted more then a few minutes due to length of show)
4) I'd like to y all of them are in some way... but I only know like, 4 or 5 they're all pretty generic

there's the daring one, the girly one, the semi-serious one, the weird one, etc.

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Pinkamena said:
Hi!
I was in the "Memes you hate" thread, and noticed a lot of people voted for My Little Pony. I'm just curious of why you hate it. I don't think there's much of a reason to, at least not on the escapist. We keep to ourselfes in the MLP group chat, and the only pony you get from us are our avatars. Otherwise we're like any other escapist user. And I don't see you hating on people with, let's say, TF2 avatars, even though there's a lot of people with that too.
Honestly, there's plenty of reasons - but to address you personally Pinka,

It's because of the community. Not the show itself.

While I do find the show to be tedious and highly over-rated (I'm a firm believer in 'don't knock it till you try it, so I watched three episodes before giving up on trying to like it), it's Not the show that infuriates me.

It's the Fans.

Oh the Fans...

The sheer number of trolls I have coming at me sometimes and bombarding me with veiled abuse, and then 'justifying' everything with 'jk, Im gonna love and tolerate the S#$^ out of you.'

It's the fans of the show that make me twitch, not the show itself. The reason why most people don't get angry about TF2 fans and avatars is because A) the Escapist is primarily a gaming website, and TF2 is a game - but also because we don't pursue non-TF2-players with such relentless badgering as the 'Bronies' do.

MLP itself is forgettable... but its Fans don't seem to like that notion, so they FORCE it down our throats half the time. Sometimes I wonder if they even Are fans, or if they just pretend to be out of sheer irony.

Does that answer your question?

rayen020

May 20, 2009
it's just becoming an overused stereotypical meme. I don't hate My little Pony but i do hate the endless "why do you [love/hate] MLP??!?!?" Yes it's a good show and comes from really unexpected source material but the hero worship of it is ovedone and it no longer has the shock value it once had. I say we givce it a break and pick uip again when seaseon 2 starts.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Irony said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
Irony said:
I don't know why you're laughing this is a serious matter. I mean, consider.

There are people

on the Escapist

who have avatars

which contain characters

from the cartoon

My Little Pony.

Seriously, how much worse can it get? I don't know why the mods haven't cracked down on these people. The audacity they must have to pull off this heinous and criminal act. It's just sickening. I hope no children happen to glance at the screen while their parents/older siblings happen to be on. The mental scars they're carry through their life... nobody should be made to carry that burden.
the burden of? seeing a brightly colored cartoon pony, that may or may not be a Pegasus or unicorn, or both in rare cases

>.>

yes, a truly terrible thing, unlike the anime/videogame/manga/comic avatars every one else has :p the mods should crack down on them to, cause those can be just as scarring as the ponies
No, you see, ponies are totally different than anime/videogame/manga/comic avatars. Totally. Which is why it's okay to have anime/videogame/manga/comic avatars but not to have pony avatars.
ahh, its a 'stop liking things that i don't like' thing *nodsnods*

in that case, bummer :D some of the mods are among our number

Sep 11, 2009
WOPR said:
Killerowl said:
Hosker said:
I thought the thread title was "regarding pony hats" when I first looked. That could be the best idea ever.
That sounds like an awesome topic.
so it would be about a TF2 mod? haha
The Heavy with a pony hat? I lol'd. Someone should get the guys at Valve to make this. The haters would go crazy(Why is my subconscious troll suddenly starting to emerge)

I also liked your last post. I pretty much agree with what everything you said

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:

1) /b/ was always shit; it's just changed to a shade, texture and or odour of shit that you find unpalatable.

2) Kids and their families. You know, like their parents. Pedantry ho!
No we are really whittling it down.

Ok, about /b/ always being shit, that is true but when you go on it and there are always a pony thread or 2 on page one it's just plain rude, learn to share and not clog up space all the time.
So what your saying is the pony threads on /b/ are taking up the valuable space that other threads would fill with endlessly repeated memes and reaction images?
There are threads on /b/ with good discussion value and they are hard to find, when there are 2 pony threads constantly bumped with nothing but pictures of ponies it's essentially impossible to find one of those rare, good threads.
I think we've tracked down the root of perhaps ALL your problems.

You're relying on /b/ for your intellectual growth and discussions!
What is wrong with you?!
Not relying.

There is the occasional thread in /b/ that isn't shit, I believe MLP makes that much harder for it to occur.

That's all.
if the intolerable pony threads are as unavoidable as you say they are, and clearly so irresistible for you to sit there browsing them and gorging on hatred and rage as I can infer, and your highbrow intellectual /b/ threads [sub]chuckle[/sub] so very RARE... perhaps you might want to just... not go there any more and find a more interesting website?

It's a shocking suggestion I know, unshackling yourself from the monolith that is 4chan, but you can do it! don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believe in you!

Matthew94 said:
Pink and ponies would generally makes something girlier, as if you had to ask.
You know, not so very long ago pink was a manly colour. Red was the manliest of colours and pink was for boys, what with being young men.
Blue was for girls, as it's like water and the sky all peaceful and serene and shit.
True facts.

Oct 30, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Innegativeion said:
Matthew94 said:
Without a gun?

A Weary Exile said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:

Childish?

Stupid shit?

4. Nope, just pedantic.
There we go. "Not my cup of tea." I'm fine with that. you don't have to like it. You also don't have to ***** about it or even pay attention to it.

4. It. Is. Not. A. Meme. "20% Percent cooler" is a meme. "Ten seconds flat" is a meme. "Love and tolerate" is a meme. "Flutterrage" is a meme. My Little Pony: Friendship is magic is not a meme.
4. Yes, is not a meme but caused many memes to be created. Still pedantic as you knew exactly what I meant.
So have cats.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Yes, well. Again, those people are idiots and must be Equestria'd sequestered, pointed at and laughed for being foolish fools.

Also not saying liking MLP:FiM is analogous to a religion, because that would be patently absurd.
Oh just liking it no, not at all haha
just there's some people that TREAT it like one *cough* over-half-the-people-here *cough*

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
tehpiemaker said:
DJDarque said:
Loop Stricken said:
DJDarque said:
People who can't participate in an argument or debate without resorting to macros, or just fall back on the "just watch it before hating it" with YouTube links. Stop it. You're not helping.
I vaguely disagree. It's one of the best arguments you can make. Nopony should actively dislike or even hate something they've had no experience with. if they watch it and don't like it, fair enough. But people really need to learn to make informed judgements and opinions instead of the "herpaderp is for leetle girls" nonsense they do now.
And no, not just for pony-based animation, but any bloody thing in life.

Except vegetarianism, that's just silly. Animals are delicious.
I get what your saying, but this is a cartoon show, not deciding who's going to rule your country for the next X years. Think realistically. If someone is dead set on hating the show than posting episodes and telling them to watch it isn't going to do anything but make them more upset and giving them more of an excuse to call you preachy.
I disagree. I'm pretty much an athiest but I don't go around telling people I don't believe in religion. But there was this one time in high school asking me if I had a religion and I pretty much said,"No,bro. It just isn't my style." So he invited me to go to church on Sunday and I politely agreed. Went there, stayed there till the end, left, never came back. But I still didn't get any anti religion thing goin on.
Good on you. You were a reasonable human being in that situation. This is the interent. Some people are prone to be close-minded assholes simply because they can, and with little to no consequence to themselves.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Innegativeion said:
Matthew94 said:
Without a gun?

Don't use a descriptor if you don't want to imply that description.[/quote

A Weary Exile said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:

Childish?

Matthew94 said:
Stupid shit?

4. Nope, just pedantic.

Yes. I did. But that's not important. What's important is being right on this small, incredibly semantics-based issue. Because I'm just that sort of person. So from now on how about saying "It spawns too many annoying memes" instead of "It is an annoying meme." But then you're a petulant little /b/tard who will probably continue doing it in a weak-willed display of spite.
Ok, from now on I will say a reason I dislike it is because it has spawned memes I dislike rather than saying it is a meme I dislike.

Happy?
...Not really. I was pretty happily buzzed on Cognac until my irritation at you sobered me up a bit.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Matthew94 said:
4173 said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Febel said:
Matthew94 said:
Innegativeion said:
Matthew94 said:
Without a gun?

A Weary Exile said:
Matthew94 said:
Loop Stricken said:
Matthew94 said:

Childish?

Stupid shit?

4. Nope, just pedantic.

So have cats.
What is your point?
Do you walk around the streets shouting verbals at stray cats because they've ruined, nay, UTTERLY OBLITERATED your enjoyment of the Internets with the presence of the memes their compatriots spawned, is his point I believe.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Killerowl said:
WOPR said:
Killerowl said:
Hosker said:
That sounds like an awesome topic.
so it would be about a TF2 mod? haha
The Heavy with a pony hat? I lol'd. Someone should get the guys at Valve to make this. The haters would go crazy(Why is my subconscious troll suddenly starting to emerge)

I also liked your last post. I pretty much agree with what everything you said
Heh thanks, so to put some brightness in this bizzarely depressing thread

Scout = Rainbowdash wig
Heavy = generic Unicorn horn
Sniper = Applejack hat w/ wig (applejack is the yellow one right..? I don't care for the show that much, but I was stocking ponies on shelves at target this morning)
Medic = pinky-pie main
Pyro = raging pinky-pie something-or-other

Soldier/demoman/engie = Idk
Spy = no freaking clue at ALL

someone fill these in! :D

Sep 11, 2009
WOPR said:
1) seriously? just stop there you sound like one of those /b/ people
2) this part I kinda agree with; but hasn't EVERY type of character been done by now?
3) well one of them goes mentally insane and has a life-crisis that could have rivaled that of the Iron Man movie (...had it lasted more then a few minutes due to length of show)
4) I'd like to y all of them are in some way... but I only know like, 4 or 5 they're all pretty generic

there's the daring one, the girly one, the semi-serious one, the weird one, etc.
I'm bored so I'm just going to say this.
The character start out pretty generic, and get fleshed out over the course of season one. In my opinion they end up being good relateable characters. Thats my opinion though. And I don't know which episodes you've watched. Party of One?

Also, I'm just slightly fanatic about the show! x)