Renaming Earth, because its a boring name.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Realistically in 50 years we'll probably be planet Walmart.
Or Google Earth.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
isometry said:
"Terra" is latin, but I prefer ancient greek in general, so for the purpose of this thread I prefer "Gaia."
The mighty Gaian Empire is way more bad ass than Terran.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
If we're just going to pull names out of fiction I suggest we go back to calling our planet "Arda" like it was in the times of old.

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
WolfThomas said:
OhJohnNo said:
Bob.

Anyone who gets my reference wins a lifetime's supply of nothing whatsoever.
Titan A.E., I win! I win! I win...nothing
i just watched that like last week... weird. I was thinking it was off of Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy..

NZpablo

G-mans Henchman
Mar 30, 2011
defiantly name it "that medium size blueish planet somewhere on the outer arm of the milky way galaxy" it rolls of the tongue.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
2000 years time... on the galacticaly wireless connected mind web forums- where people from earth go to to discuss mind-controlled future games, where they reenact the intergalactic wars of 3547-3592...

Thread: Renaming Zpptlam-1A because its a boring name.

Post 1: I we should rename it, as it's a really boring name... I wish it was called Earth... that is an awesome name!

Post 2: Well technically it is still called Earth, the ancient English speaking peoples of the worls say so... mind-click this link...

(Sorry couldn't resist! :p Wasn't meant to be malicious, just poking fun!)

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
This is the first thing that came to my mind
(Huh? It appears I can't find the clip on line.)
I was thinking of the scene from the Family Guy movie, where Trisha is in San Fransico interviewing people about changing the city's name to, "something alittle less gay."
And older Stewy responds, "Well, I'd call it heaven, because of all the great shoe shopping"

So that.

EDIT:

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
terra- earth
sol- sun
luna- moon
Humanity- us
Human- One of us

I wanted to make "slang" names for these, but I can't sorry

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Eh, naming the planet after a greek god feels weird to me (especially since we named all the other planets after the Roman gods), and it would be even weirder to give it a girl's name. I've never heard of anyone (sane) named Earth, so to me it's a nice, neutral name. Luna is the name of the moon, but since it's our one and only moon we just call it "the moon." Same for Sol, our sun.

Besides, Earth just sounds right. It's a good, strong name which fits well for the densest planet in our system and also the largest terrestrial one. Most of our planet is made of fucking IRON. That's fucking hardcore. Terra just sounds wimpy, like every other Latin word that doesn't end in "-us."

Wikipedia:
It is the largest of the four solar terrestrial planets in size and mass. Of these four planets, Earth also has the highest density, the highest surface gravity, the strongest magnetic field, and fastest rotation, and is probably the only one with active plate tectonics.
That's right. EARTH, ************!

(Notice how TERRA, ************ just doesn't have the same punch.)