Renaming Earth, because its a boring name.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
TLS14 said:
I lol'd because it's kind of true given America's attitude. However, a few hundred years back, you'd have been calling it "The Empire of Great Britain (feat. a few unconquered Far Eastern territories)".
What do you mean "a few hundres years back"? It still is, we just let you think you have self determination :p

Anyway, I vote for Sol-3. When we start meeting alien races, we're going to start running out of names, fast, if we don't be systematic about it.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
CheeseSandwichCake said:
We will call it. . . this land
I think we should call it your grave.

Also I'm up for.
Sol
Gaia
Just plain Earth.
Or the Planet formally known as Earth or PFKAE for short.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Let's name the planet surrogia and make a species wide hierarchy based on blood color. That should be fun.

kazenoaiko

Oct 6, 2011
MammothBlade said:
Babel, after the mythical tower of the old world.

I really, really, really, really like this. From a completely subjective standpoint, I mean. The point when (according to the bible) humanity was divided into it's different races, I.E. when humanity as it is today was really founded.

I think 'Babel' would make a really good name in place of 'Earth'.

kazenoaiko

Oct 6, 2011
As a sugestion for a planet name, how's about this?:

BAD_DATA

If anyone gets where that's from, you may level up.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
TimeLord said:
Nouw said:
Holy Terra is the only suitable name for 'Earth.'
Heretic! The Imperial Truth does not deal in your religious views!

And anyway, to be "Holy Terra" you'd need the corpse of a omnipotent being sitting on an incredibly complex machine deep in the Himalayan Mountains that holds the horrors of the warp at bay for all time.
Damnit! You both beat me too it, bloody ninja's, always ruining my fun.

OT: Nice touch there Timelord with the Imperial Truth from the Great Crusade era, I'm impressed. :D

Nitzkrieg

May 31, 2009
Earth is already a fantastic name. Earth is simple, one syllable. Say it. It feels like dirt in your mouth. You say Earth, you can almost feel the water soaking into the soil, plants spreading their roots. I agree that Gaia is also a pretty name (I feel nothing for the Terra, save when paired with Firma, but that too is plain. Solid Ground, it pretty much means), but Gaia is wrapped up in a silly mythos. We have Earth, it's good. No storm gods required.

maddness666

Apr 14, 2011
I vote for Earth. It's a good strong name and it's not pretentious.

I also would be completely fine with Bob. Bob is also a good strong name that doesn't sound pretentious.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Durgiun said:
I say we call it Rectum.

'Cause it's the biggest shithole in the universe.
That reminds me of a conversation me and my friend had when we were young and not quite as mature. We would name anything under our control myrectum, myballs, or any similar socially inappropriate body part preceded by my. Our logic told us that nobody would invade just out of plain embarrassment.

OT: Terra has a good argument for it as does Gaia. I can't really think of anything off the top of my head though. However I really like the Symbol for earth.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Holy Terra home of the God Emperor and center of the Imperium of Man is the shortest version I could come up with that appropriate.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
maddness666 said:
I vote for Earth. It's a good strong name and it's not pretentious.

I also would be completely fine with Bob. Bob is also a good strong name that doesn't sound pretentious.
I gotta vote against Bob. I know a Bob. Guy is dumber than a fence post.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
We should name it... The Spanish Inquisition.
Somebody, please, I've given you the set-up. DO WHAT YOU MUST.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Can we rename it Bob? And all Bobs on Earth are holy people somehow! :D
"Bob bless you", "Holy Bob!", "Oh my Bob..."
Its genius.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Tom Milner said:
Regnes said:
The Earth's proper name is Terra, just like The Sun's name is actually Helios.
incorrect. it's "sol"

anyway, terra would waork fine for me. just nothing rediculous.
Yeah our sun is Sol. Which I as a kid always found interesting, since that is also how we spell sun in norwegian :)

And We live in the Sol System, which is a solar system :)