Report: Assassin's Creed: Unity Frame Rate Problems Across Consoles - Update

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
oh Ubisoft you silly silly sausages. I wonder if all this 30fps is more "cinematic" talk was to try and cover for this

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
So, even on the consoles, running at a paltry 30FPS and 900p, this game is so badly optimised it can't hit 30?

Jesus Christ Ubisoft, what are you doing?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Ubisoft doesn't care. And if they don't care, you don't care. You should go back into your hole and enjoy their glorious cinematic experience. You don't know what you want and what is best for you. Ubisoft does. Just ask yourself. Who do you trust more, yourself or Ubisoft? If the answer is yourself, then clearly you are biased towards yourself and your opinion should be disregarded as irrelevant and incorrect.

Besides, they already made profit thanks to all the pre-orders.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Don't be silly. "Unplayable below 30 fps"?!? Nonsense. The closer to 24 fps you get, the more cinematic it will be!

Stuff like this is why you don't preorder video games.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Lol.

"Zees ees zhe kwant-essentiel cinematique experience of Assassin's Creed Unite!"

Oh Ubi. Fix your damn games, I've had enough of this shit back when Assassin's Creed II had visual glitches across the board ;D

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
This whole ACU thing has really been the last straw with Ubisoft for me. I mean I've watched them for a while and I loved their games for a long time and AC has been one of my favourite franchise. But now after screw up after screw up after screw up, I'm just ready to go and say, "Fuck you Ubisoft".

You push games out far too fast, you won't take anymore risks,your games are so badly built that even the primary systems for them run like shit and your PR department is horrible. Serisouly if you would just put some god damn tape over everyone's mouths you would be fine. No one talks, its all text or show. When you do your presentations from now on just put big letters and videos up on the screen. That's it.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Geez, that is atrocious. I fear for how it will run on PC if they can't even optimise it properly for consoles.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
nevarran said:
This game was released today, right?
Was there some review embargo?
I was wondering the same thing.
Anyhow, why has Rogue not been mentioned at all? That is supposed to be the more interesting of the two but i have to wait till friday for it to be available in Europe. :(

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
IT
IS
SO
CINE
MATIC

I cannot handle such a cinematic experience, it becomes four times as cinematic as 60fps at regular intervals, no one is ready for something so like the experience of sitting in the cinema!

I did wonder how Ubisoft intended to render crowds of 5000 (supposedly) on a down clocked 7870, I suppose we have the answer now. Oh well, Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft until they Ubisoft so hard they can't Ubisoft anymore.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011

truly, this game was made with millions of dollars and an eye for artistry

don't regret letting the next gen apologists preach their rhetoric for a second

down with nintendo forever, we need more ARTRY ART and MATURE GROWNUP THINGS

lowgraphx are limiting our imaginations but bigger numbers means limitless potential!

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Isn't the whole point of lowering the resolution and locking the framerate to 30... to make the game run smoothly?

I'm so burned out on Ass Creed that I still haven't bought the last two they released and have no problem ignoring the next one.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Glitchy? Buggy? Performance Issues? An Assassin's Creed title?

This game would still get 5/5 from Mr. Greg Tito.

--

Frame rate problems across ALL consoles? Parity!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmmm, I'm still gonna reserve my own judgement for after I play the game. The interwebz usually has a tendency to overblow problems, so I'll bide my time and see if its as bad as they say on Friday.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
nevarran said:
I was wondering the same thing.
Anyhow, why has Rogue not been mentioned at all? That is supposed to be the more interesting of the two but i have to wait till friday for it to be available in Europe. :(
My guess is that sites put their reviewers on Unity, since it's the flagship release, and didn't bother assigning someone else to Rogue. If you look at the mess of AAA stuff coming out right now, review staff are going to be stretched thin and Rogue is going to be at the bottom of the priority list.

I'm personally really curious to see whether this carries over to their other games. I doubt it'll hit Rogue, since they're building off of Black Flag and only releasing it on old-gen stuff, but maybe Far Cry 4 will have the same problem. Or maybe all the people good with the technical polish side of things are working on Far Cry 4, who knows.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
wooty said:
Hmmm, I'm still gonna reserve my own judgement for after I play the game. The interwebz usually has a tendency to overblow problems, so I'll bide my time and see if its as bad as they say on Friday.
Hard to say its overblown when people just two posts above you show proof of the great things to come with AC unity.

weirdee said:

truly, this game was made with millions of dollars and an eye for artistry

don't regret letting the next gen apologists preach their rhetoric for a second

down with nintendo forever, we need more ARTRY ART and MATURE GROWNUP THINGS

lowgraphx are limiting our imaginations but bigger numbers means limitless potential!
This generation of consoles has truly gone backwards as much as possible except for the WiiU. That console that everyone laughed (including myself) thinking would be dead when the Ps4 and Xbox one came out is actually gaining traction with good games.

emanresu2

Sep 26, 2014
nevarran said:
http://gamepolitics.com/2014/11/11/reviewers-call-bs-ubisofts-launch-day-embargo-assassins-creed-unity

That's a new low I guess.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
emanresu2 said:
http://gamepolitics.com/2014/11/11/reviewers-call-bs-ubisofts-launch-day-embargo-assassins-creed-unity

That's a new low I guess.
They surely took their time with that "warning".

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Cleary Ubisoft is taking measures on making their games as cinematic as possible.