Report: GTA V For PC Ships on a Whopping Seven Disks

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
If its actually 70-30 than they are still relevant. I've talked to you on these things before, I know what you push and how you use that article when on "defense".
Did you simply not understood what you quoted or intentinally misquoted?

your demanded head-on-head comaprison is not relevant which has nothing to do with the 70-30 ration that J Tyran was talking about. Head-on-head comparisons are irrelevant due to market shifting to where a lot of games do not even bother with physical copies meanwhile still very much being in your "Tradiotional" games category, thus head-to-head comparisons are flat out wrong thing to look at, as they are not representative of the market. I already talked about this when i said that cherry picking only few games that support you wont make good statistics.

Go, read the two sentences, find the missing words.
Here ill make it simple for you:

"on the contrary, reports show that as much as 92% of PC games are digital purchases"
"Your words were something like 92% of games are digital correct?"

No me quoting your numbers isn't taking it out of context. Come now.
I added nothing hoping you'd explain why you'd use such numbers, I did not quote it and than use it for the purpose of attacking you.
I already explained it:

Strazdas said:
Made up example to show how statistic averages work. but of course you ignore that and try to quote me out of context.
---------------------------------------

Why yes though that doesn't address the main thing I said which is you are far too trigger happy at proclaiming deaths for things you don't like.
Except i did not proclaim a death? all i said was that massive shift to digital sales means that psysical market is dieing. dieing is not the same thing as dead. i already explained what i mean with that in the very post you quoted.

Strazdas said:
Market shrinking, or as we colorfully claim "dieing" is a slow process when it gets to the niche of users that still use it as the only option. It can only truly be gotten rid off when everyone has capabilities to download things digitally and the current US internet clusterfuck is certainly holding things down. Its no wonder US is one of the most physical-heavy countries.
------------------------------------

No you see the burden of truth is on you. When you say that you never said something in this thread I actually go back and quote it with at times also quoting what you and I were both responding to. If you cannot do the same than you simply have no grounds and should retract your statement.
No, in fact it is on you as we have already provided sources for our claims while you have provided nothing but empty postulation. And its called the burden of proof. there is no burden of truth.

I said for the [insert list] games which make a lot of dosh to only be 2% of the total revenue total digital revenue would have to be much larger. That in response to another poster was the context, you took it out to push what you wanted.
And i said that the total revenue is in fact much larger, thus claiming that the hypothesis was true.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
The vast majority of that you have taken out of context as what I was responding to, and what I had said prior in the same post that quoted (but cut) are very important.
Well you see I took the time to ensure every single quote had the correct quote header taking someone straight to the relevant post instead of disembodied quotes, one click and you or anyone else can see the quotes I took were precisely in context. They were shortened for brevity of reading, to get right down to the facts when it came to exposing your disingenuity. You say one thing in one post and then say you never said it another. You start poo-pooing one thing and then when you know your counter claims are unsupportable you retreat into specific aspect of the topic and deny or dismiss everything that is presented to you, now you are going to carry on with the rear guard action and try playing the "you're taking me out of context!" card. Well I have made sure you cannot, I already have responses and quotes lined up as rebuttals.

You cannot throw up a flimsy shield like "it was out of context" because the posts speak for themselves.

[small]I even went and screen-capped [http://i.imgur.com/6h7eze8.jpg] each and every post, just as a precaution because I have seen other posters try to go back and edit things out when in the same position. Not that I'm accusing you of this but I have seen it in the past.[/small]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rozalia1 said:
Okay you agree so what exactly are we arguing about?
J Tyran said:
you defensively retreated into this single chunk of the discussion after falsely claiming mobile and tablet game revenues inflated the revenue statistics. However I do agree with some of the points you present even if I do not agree with the reasons you present them,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rozalia1 said:
And yes I know not responding (though I read it) to that block of text will make some raise flags. Fact of the matter is I'd have to quote myself over a dozen times to try and bring in the correct context.
Of course you're not going to address anything, you're not going to address the fact that MMOs have retail releases for the most part, you're not going to address the way I exposed how flimsy your position was and how I pointed out that you were distorting the "head to head" issue by ignoring the fact that consumer habits are changing.

That was just the points I presented.

You're not even going to "try to expose me taking you out of context" are you? Probably because you know you cannot, I took great care when making that post. I actually made five separate posts, took my time with each and then put them all together.

Rozalia1 said:
It'd be ignored, be a nightmare to post, and likely take hours. I appreciate your effort as a whole though the cat pictures were unneeded, and the constant attempts to mention your own buzzwords targeted solely on me devalued your post.
You know it would't be ignored, you can see how I took the time to read your other posts? I would take great care and patience with it, trust me on that.

Finally the cats were totally needed, they mirror the tone of your posts perfectly.[footnote]Did you notice that each nonono cat video even showed increasingly defensive nonono cats? Exactly mirroring the way you retreated into the "head to head" discussion after claiming mobile and tablet games were included[/footnote] You never present anything and just refuse or dismiss anything presented to you, also what buzzwords? I threw your "gotcha" back at you as a joke but otherwise I just used normal words. (within my piss poor grammar and spelling of course)

It's fine though, It's obvious that you refuse to address the points that finally demolished your position.

I accept your tacit surrender Good Sir.

/tips hat

AgedGrunt said:
This has been known for a while. If you knew how large the game is, it should not surprise you that DVDs don't hold anywhere near 60GB of data. It would also be functionally stupid for Rockstar to crank out a Blu-ray PC release for the seventeen PC gamers that have Blu-ray and terrible internet service.

Important to remember, 60-65GB is the starting point. Patches, DLC and mods will balloon disk usage. You want closer to 100GB free space, just for this game. That is insane to type.

Ishigami said:
Fucking stupid. A BR drive is 60$.

Steven Bogos said:
especially you poor guys using SSDs.
Thanks for your concern... I have 1,62 TB of SSD storage capacity.
Yeah, damn us PC gamers who have less money in our entire systems than you have spent on storage. When will we learn to spend more money and adopt expensive new standards we don't need to not mildly inconvenience other people for the one time they need to install an application?
Hi, just wanted to offer some advice. When building machine on a tight budget compromises have to be made and storage often comes at the bottom of the list, if you have two drives, one a small SSD thats your boot drive and has your windows installation with a larger mechancial drive for storage and your games and have enough space for a game or two on the SSD you can use Steam Mover [http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover] to swap games backwards and forwards between the two drives easily. It runs all the .cmd commands and it doesnt break the installations, when you finish one game and want to play another just swap them.

Another thing you can do if you have an Intel chipset z86 (or its 2011 equivilant) or onwards you can use Intels Rapid Storage Technology [http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html] and some budget orientated options to accelerate your storage, firstly if you just have a mechanical drive you can buy a a cheap small capacity SSD [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CSSD-F60GBLS-Series-Phison-Toggle/dp/B00EENQ0U8/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1429273492&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=60GB+ssd] and set it up as a cache drive Intel RST will then use it as a cache drive, commonly used programs, data and games will have important or core files stored on the SSD and will be loaded much faster.

The data transfer rate doesn't match up to purely solid state storage but for commonly used files and data its much higher than purely mechanical storage, you can also buy a Hybrid HDD [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST2000DX001-Desktop-Internal-Hybrid/dp/B00EIQTKAS/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1429274087&sr=1-2&keywords=hybrid+hdd] when you're building your PC and want to save money on your build. They will act as a cache drive out of the box or you can use Intel RST to "override" the drives firmware and have your motherboard chipset assign the cache instead.

I use it myself, I have a SSD and set up two partitions, the first partition is a boot drive and has my Windows installation and I left 60GBs in the second partition for Intel RST to use as a cache to accelerate my Western Digital Caviar Black mechanical HDD. Most of my games are installed on the HDD but commonly used programs or files are accelerated with the cache. I have been through several builds and storage has been somewhat of an afterthought so I do not have large solid state storage either, RST helps with the Windows "sleep" and "hibernate" modes. Its nice to be able to turn my PC on in about 20 seconds.

Its well worth it, its not as fast as having a large 1TB SSD to install everything but its way faster than just a mechanical drive. After you have played the game of course. The first time you start using a game or program its loading purely from the HDD, after you have been using it once or twice the files then get cached and they run much faster. Nice to have 1 second loading screens in games.

If you have an AMD build I'm not certain about the options you have, I know some motherboards have their own proprietary SSD caching solutions and a Hybrid SSD will also have caching functions built into it but I'm not sure if AMD themselves have any caching functions.