Report: GTA V For PC Ships on a Whopping Seven Disks

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
J Tyran said:
Of course it wouldn't be 0%, I even agree that cow clickers shouldn't count but it's you trying to spin it by excluding games that have no business being excluded. If that number includes MOBAs they are certainly a big chunk of it, League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world.

You can see it in your post, "I want to exclude core games because my point won't stand otherwise". I did manage to find an old article from 2009 that only included AAA games, no MMOs F2P or subscription based games. It suggested 57% of the AAA PC games were sold digitally, with the year om year growth its not hard to imagine that figure is around 75% now.
I've already explained why they have to be excluded. The data to be worthwhile needs to discount those titles to show a realistic head to head %. If it includes them than they may as well rename it as digital PC revenue vs Physical revenue though that in itself wouldn't be fully accurate as digital titles while more of them commonly go for much less than physical (not to mention the titles which are simply free) so physical may also make a nice amount of money in itself on PC.

I don't see what horse you think I have in this... Charcharo already showed his hand so what is yours? The 92% figure if being used to talk about head to head sales on PC is dishonesty as it includes all those titles. That is my issue though having ripped into that source enough times I am aware it can be quite a revelation when someone dares look into what those sources actually mean.
57% today would actually be far more likely... heck it even looks accurate as we all know that the games I'm talking about discounting (for accuracy reasons) are sizable.

Charcharo said:
You havent given me simple figures.

Like:
PS4 sells 40%
Xbox One sells 30%
PC sells 15 %
Wii U sells 15%

(wont surprise me if you actually think in such a manner)

Politicians are known to love twisting words, meaning and generally messing with a language to gain stuff. Sometimes you dont understand what I am saying. At all. Others... you use wrestling lingo... and no one understands you.

JUst have fun with your... consoles...

As for digital and retail.

I am the only person who buys retail games in the entire University group (57 people, 51 of whom are games and 50 of which are PC Gamers). I am the only one who buys retail games...
I'm sorry but where are you getting this? Where does this PS4 sells 40%, PC 15%, and all that come from exactly?

Oh boy you found me out. I'm telling people to look closer at sources because I'm a big console meanie... really now?

Oh boy anecdotes.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
heck it even looks accurate as we all know that the games I'm talking about discounting (for accuracy reasons) are sizable.
No you're fallaciously discounting them because if you do count them your point cannot stand, you have no good explanation for excluding Planetside 2 and not Battlefield 3/4. Would you exclude games like Diablo 3? What about Borderlands? That's gotta go too if co-op NPC basing games like Warframe have to go...

Like I said Facebook and cow clickers should be excluded but you're dismissing popular core titles simply because your point cannot stand with them included, that's my "stake" in this. I'm just correcting someone is so utterly wrong, disingenuous and determined to peddle fallacy instead of facts.

You have not give one good reason for excluding core titles like that, you have actually admitted "my point cannot stand with them included but its about accuracy.... honestly".

Come on, give one good reason why Planetside 2 doesn't count without dismissing Battlefield 3/4 as well.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
We've been through this before. If they include facebook games, MOBAs, free-to-play, and the like as downloaded PC games than the 92% figure is not honest as those games don't get physical releases to begin with. You know this yet continue to spread it as all as being completely honest. What is the actual figure without those included? Show me the source that shows that 92% figure and shows the breakdown. I doubt those games make up 0% of downloaded titles.

This goes for the digital > physical in revenue article, and the PC > Console in revenue article too but you already know that. Cooking the books is easy, so please present something concrete.
Go and read your own post that i quoted. You are shifting goalposts because you were proven wrong.

Also inclusion of MOBAs and free to play games is perfectly fine because both exist on consoles as well. you can play facebook games from consoles too though i doubt many people would want that.

Even if we were to exclude a significant portion of games that you want to exclude, the statement i was rebutting would still be false.

Rozalia1 said:
Because the matter is Digital vs physical. If to throw some random figures out there as an example, if that 92% figure was when those titles were excluded actually only say 42% than it'd make physical sales actually 58% and not 8%. That is a world of difference and very important for both the consumer and the developer. If that figure is actually 58% you're shutting a lot of people out who will not all convert to digital as that is not quite how it all works.
If you exclude all titles that sell digital you would have 100% physical sales rate but that would not make it so for anything but few seplected titles you chose and would be shit statistics.

Why are you excluding everything that does not fit your narative? are you pushing an agenda here?

Noone is shutting anyone off here, merely correcting the writer of this piece about how many people use the physical copy. even if i were completely wrong on this i have not harmed those who use physical copy in any way nor have i made thep hysical copy less available to them.

Rozalia1 said:
I mean look at traditional games on PC that get sales of say 200K physical... is their true sales 2 million? Extremely doubtful considering the size of the community on them. Normally with such a figure you could be safe saying you could expect 8-10 sales digitally to physical however that is not completely the case because the % is faulty due to several factors.
Well yes, considering the size of community on them id say the sales are more than 2 million. this is not true for all titles, but as it happens most of those exceptions are considered bad console ports.

I mean look at statistics of multiplatform games, youll often see physical sales for PC be as much as up to 100 times less than those of consoles, yet they would have more people online. hows that?

Social and free-to-play are synonymous with mobile and tablet games.
Really? and here i though they were synonymous with places like miniclip, newgrounds and facebook games. mind you, you can play any flash game on a tablet nowadays, but thats hardly exclusive to tablets.

However if its including download only titles than what does that mean for the digital vs physical breakdown for an individual game?
It means that phyiscal is dieing and developers are going digital-only as thats where the market is?

J Tyran said:
Come on, give one good reason why Planetside 2 doesn't count without dismissing Battlefield 3/4 as well.
careful, he may want to exclude Battlefield too next because most of it for PC is digital due to how EA DLC and premium system works (making physical purchase pointless).

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Strazdas said:
J Tyran said:
careful, he may want to exclude Battlefield too next because most of it for PC is digital due to how EA DLC and premium system works (making physical purchase pointless).
Let him, it will be amusing to see how far into absurdity it will take his disingenuity. I mean I don't think any would disagree that Facebook and cow clickers have anything to do with PC game revenue but he is trying to claim core titles don't count either, simply because his point cannot stand any other way.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
*Facepalm*

This is what I think is YOUR opinion on sales...

Since of coarse, consoles dominate sales lol...

57% seems likely in 2010. 75-85 looks possible now.
No where did I compare PC and console sales so try again. I referenced the article based on total revenue and said traditionally console still makes more... you any idea how much social and free-to-play is worth in revenue? Hint, it more than makes up the difference between the two thereby traditionally the conclusion is obvious.

Yet 75-85% is still not 92% and it assumes that the games I say to discount make up a minuscule figure... they don't.

J Tyran said:
No you're fallaciously discounting them because if you do count them your point cannot stand, you have no good explanation for excluding Planetside 2 and not Battlefield 3/4. Would you exclude games like Diablo 3? What about Borderlands? That's gotta go too if co-op NPC basing games like Warframe have to go...

Like I said Facebook and cow clickers should be excluded but you're dismissing popular core titles simply because your point cannot stand with them included, that's my "stake" in this. I'm just correcting someone is so utterly wrong, disingenuous and determined to peddle fallacy instead of facts.

You have not give one good reason for excluding core titles like that, you have actually admitted "my point cannot stand with them included but its about accuracy.... honestly".

Do Battlefield 3/4 have physical releases? Try again, this time with an actual point please.

I'm the one correctly inaccuracies not the other way around. Head to head the 92% figure is wrong and anyone who uses it as evidence in that context is wrong. Simple as that.

Head to head. I repeated it half a dozen times and you still didn't latch on to it. Simply put if a game does not get a physical release than it distorts the data thereby making it useless for determining how physical media and digital media stack head to head.
For all we know even on PC physical could still be ahead head to head if there is a large enough distortion going on... not that I think its quite that large...

J Tyran said:
Let him, it will be amusing to see how far into absurdity it will take his disingenuity. I mean I don't think any would disagree that Facebook and cow clickers have anything to do with PC game revenue but he is trying to claim core titles don't count either, simply because his point cannot stand any other way.
Absurdity? The data is used to state that X game if it sells 1 copy physically should sell 8-9 digitally, my point is that if the data includes digital only titles such as those than the data is distorted and useless in determining digital's performance on PC when it goes head to head with physical media.

Address that instead of wasting my time with claims I "spin" things when I am in fact doing the exact opposite by revealing exactly what it all means.

Strazdas said:
Go and read your own post that i quoted. You are shifting goalposts because you were proven wrong.

Also inclusion of MOBAs and free to play games is perfectly fine because both exist on consoles as well. you can play facebook games from consoles too though i doubt many people would want that.

Even if we were to exclude a significant portion of games that you want to exclude, the statement i was rebutting would still be false.
Rozalia1 said:
Yeah I can read thanks though I suppose I can see the confusion. Tablet and mobile games == facebook/free-to-play games.
You read that post considering you responded to it but whatever here it is again. They are synonymous and its commonly stated as such by PC gamers themselves (when they fancy attacking those type of games but there you go).

Strazdas said:
If you exclude all titles that sell digital you would have 100% physical sales rate but that would not make it so for anything but few seplected titles you chose and would be shit statistics.

Why are you excluding everything that does not fit your narative? are you pushing an agenda here?

Noone is shutting anyone off here, merely correcting the writer of this piece about how many people use the physical copy. even if i were completely wrong on this i have not harmed those who use physical copy in any way nor have i made thep hysical copy less available to them.
Am I discounting all digital sales? No so try again.

Head to head sales, digital vs physical for a game. Poor sales on PC is always excused that the real number is actually much much more than that, I've heard as much as 10xs... however that is using this data which is as I've said faulty for determining that.

Not "you" you. What I meant is faulty information can be harmful as if the physical media % head to head is actually 40% for example but if publishers/developers go off a statistic that says its 8% and than other reports that it'll only keep dropping... than it hurts the consumer who buys physical, and it hurts the developer as in a move to save money they'll be making less anyway.

Strazdas said:
Well yes, considering the size of community on them id say the sales are more than 2 million. this is not true for all titles, but as it happens most of those exceptions are considered bad console ports.

I mean look at statistics of multiplatform games, youll often see physical sales for PC be as much as up to 100 times less than those of consoles, yet they would have more people online. hows that?
I referred to that myself so its not some revelation like you might think. However I used it the other way round in that I've seen games sell poorly physically yet their community isn't this gigantic thing thing the 92% figure leads people to believe.
There are of course exceptions though if those exceptions are actually the norm would be something you'd have to prove. My point is simply that the 92% figure is worthless in determining head to head performance between digital and physical... that is it.

Strazdas said:
Really? and here i though they were synonymous with places like miniclip, newgrounds and facebook games. mind you, you can play any flash game on a tablet nowadays, but thats hardly exclusive to tablets.
So instead of actually addressing the matter of head to head you're going to keep targeting the fact I used mobile and tablet games in place of free-to-play and social all of once... admittance of defeat if I ever saw one.
Surely you have something more convincing and grown up than that.

Strazdas said:
It means that phyiscal is dieing and developers are going digital-only as thats where the market is?
Deflection. You're not incorrect in the whole "devs are going digital comment", however you're a smart guy and you know full well what it means in the context of head to head sales.

In conclusion for people calling me a spin doctor you all sure keep ignoring reality to spin that the digital vs physical head to head sales of a game are in the realm of 92% (something that cannot be true with involved in the data).

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Do Battlefield 3/4 have physical releases? Try again.
So this is your main criteria that decides whether you dismiss a game or not?

Planetside 2 retail release [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Silver-Planetside-PC-CD/dp/B00E3L5E6C]
League of Legends retail release [http://www.amazon.com/League-Legends-PC/dp/B002HOIPCW]

Absurdity? The data is used to state that X game if it sells 1 copy physically should sell 8-9 digitally, my point is that if the data includes digital only titles such as those [insert list] than the data is distorted and useless in determining digital's performance on PC when it goes head to head with physical media.
Yes thank you for yet more examples absurdity, trying to change the argument once more. People have been arguing that most of the games that are sold are digitally distributed not that for every retail copy sold 9 digital copies are sold. Trying to spin the argument around yet again after your flimsy fallacies are demolished.

The thing is none of this exists in a vacuum and the trend towards digitally distributed games is mirrored by the music and movie industry, physical media altogether is dying. Consoles are probably the last real bastion of it, according to Steam 15% of gaming PCs don't even have an optical drive.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
J Tyran said:

Planetside 2 retail release
League of Legends retail release
Why do you think these are some sort of "gotcha"? If there is a free-to-play game that has a boxed copy does that mean they all do? No. Does it mean I have to stop saying they are examples of digital only games... no. So your point please.

J Tyran said:
Yes thank you for yet more examples absurdity, trying to change the argument once more. People have been arguing that most of the games that are sold are digitally distributed not that for every retail copy sold 9 digital copies are sold. Trying to spin the argument around yet again after your flimsy fallacies are demolished.

The thing is none of this exists in a vacuum and the trend towards digitally distributed games is mirrored by the music and movie industry, physical media altogether is dying. Consoles are probably the last real bastion of it, according to Steam 15% of gaming PCs don't even have an optical drive.
Change? More? Showing your completely lack of alertness there considering I was from the beginning saying all that and its nothing new. All I ask is you go through the actual % of digital vs physical as that is actually what matters when people talk of the death of physical media.

I'd target the weakness of using steam as evidence when some evidence on Steam is outright ignored to further agendas... but those folk know who they are.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
So...
World of Tanks, which has a retail edition, should enter these "discussions"?
Mind you that is a gigantic game...

According to VGChartz, STALKER sold 40 000 copies. Yet one of its mods got 250 000 unique downloads in a single day. For a small, low budget and niche game's community mod...
How is that possible?

Frequently PC Games report dozens of times smaller "retail" sales. Yet their communities outstrip console ones (sometimes EVEN combined console communities, not just from one platform).

How can only *I* from an entire class of gamers buy retail :p???
No idea where you go or get all that from. Console vs PC has never entered into this and your constant attempts to shift it in that direction is telling.

Yes something I mentioned first myself. When I stated if a game sold 200K physical copies for example, where is that community based on the 2 million digital sales it should of had?

I don't have time to hash out every little exception.

Anecdote thus useless. I could say only I own a gaming capable PC in my area so the PC platform is dead... it'd be nonsense. Even if it were the case which is why I don't need to call you a liar or anything like that... it's an anecdote so even if actually the case its simply irrelevant. It's evidence of nothing.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
Is it not strange when MOST examples are "exceptions" ?
I can understand one or two... but so many?

Yes, that is the case. Our retailers dont report increases in revenues either, despite Bulgaria being filled with more gamers by the day...

So World of Tanks qualifies? Ok.
If you want to run by every game, their physical sales, their communities, and the estimated amount of digital sales... than go ahead. I don't need to prove anything with other data as the 92% source alone is all I need.

Not sure what your point is here. Physical sales are actually high as they aren't reported? I don't think that is what you're saying.

What is that in response to?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
J Tyran said:

Planetside 2 retail release
League of Legends retail release
Why do you think these are some sort of "gotcha"? If there is a free-to-play game that has a boxed copy does that mean they all do? No. Does it mean I have to stop saying they are examples of digital only games... no. So your point please.
Well of course you would never let facts get in the way of your rhetoric, why do beleive I would expect anything different at this stage? Also what agenda?

I'm not a member of the "PC games digital supremacy think tank", I'm just correcting your inconsistent fallacies. You say a bunch of games don't count, when asked why one of two very similar games doesn't count you say it was because the other had a physical release. When shown that the other had a physical release as well you refuse to address it.

All I ask is you go through the actual % of digital vs physical as that is actually what matters when people talk of the death of physical media.
No, the fact that many forms of media avoid a physical release is very relevant. It's a trend in and by itself, in actual fact it perfectly shows the death of physical media perfectly because they are not even bothering with physical media.

The other fact is that the data simply isn't there, I have even been wading through the DFC reports which isn't fucking fun. Zynga at its most profitable accounted for about 5% of the total of all video game revenue at one point, they were long past that point by the time this 92% figure crops up.

I don't even believe that 92% number either, the only solid number for AAA digital distribution was that six year old 57% figure and its obviously progressed from there. DFC are not forthcoming about their data gathering, the only way to come up with anything reliable is to estimate other parts of the market.

Most educated estimates claim that Steam have a 70% market share in the PC games market,

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0228/technology-gabe-newell-videogames-valve-online-mayhem.html
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26158

CD Projekt Red confirmed seperatly that Steam were responsoble for around 80% of all the sales of the Witcher 2,

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224884/steam-sells-4-times-more-witcher-2-copies-than-all-competitors-combined/&date=2011-11-30+19:07:46

So with Steam grabbing at least a 70% market share of all PC games sold then the minimum figure for PC digital distribution is in excess of that because they are not the only game in town, again this matches that old 57% figure and the way its been rising from there.

If you can come up with anything better than that please feel free.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Charcharo said:
So... even if it is 90% and not 92, you would be happy?
Meh... fine.

And I buy retail...

No, more people buy games, the money our retailers make does not increase. SO it is going to digital.

Nothing :)
So accounts for 2% of digital sales on PC? Any quick Google search would blow that apart considering revenue for PC, digital in general would have to be supremely higher for that to be the case.

You taken into account all the external factors? You've not presented any evidence either, it's hearsay.

J Tyran said:
Well of course you would never let facts get in the way of your rhetoric, why do beleive I would expect anything different at this stage? Also what agenda?

I'm not a member of the "PC games digital supremacy think tank", I'm just correcting your inconsistent fallacies. You say a bunch of games don't count, when asked why one of two very similar games doesn't count you say it was because the other had a physical release. When shown that the other had a physical release as well you refuse to address it.
Again with this "gotcha" business. Where did I fail to address it? I didn't go into the specifics because I know how this song and dance goes. When did the physical release come out relative to the digital, if after how many digital copies were already sold, how limited was the physical release, loads of things need to be clarified.
I don't discount something if it has a physical release but simply having one doesn't mean every copy ever sold digitally should be counted when talking about the digital vs physical head to head.

J Tyran said:
No, the fact that many forms of media avoid a physical release is very relevant. It's a trend in and by itself, in actual fact it perfectly shows the death of physical media perfectly because they are not even bothering with physical media.

The other fact is that the data simply isn't there, I have even been wading through the DFC reports which isn't fucking fun. Zynga at its most profitable accounted for about 5% of the total of all video game revenue at one point, they were long past that point by the time this 92% figure crops up.

I don't even believe that 92% number either, the only solid number for AAA digital distribution was that six year old 57% figure and its obviously progressed from there. DFC are not forthcoming about their data gathering, the only way to come up with anything reliable is to estimate other parts of the market.

Most educated estimates claim that Steam have a 70% market share in the PC games market,

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2011/0228/technology-gabe-newell-videogames-valve-online-mayhem.html
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26158

CD Projekt Red confirmed seperatly that Steam were responsoble for around 80% of all the sales of the Witcher 2,

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224884/steam-sells-4-times-more-witcher-2-copies-than-all-competitors-combined/&date=2011-11-30+19:07:46

So with Steam grabbing at least a 70% market share of all PC games sold then the minimum figure for PC digital distribution is in excess of that because they are not the only game in town, again this matches that old 57% figure and the way its been rising from there.

If you can come up with anything better than that please feel free.
Other media are mostly irrelevant when discussing this. As are indie, free-to-play, and so forth being mostly digital as they are by their very nature. Those that get boxed copies get them because there is enough demand (and that in itself is telling there is money to be made in physical media as otherwise they wouldn't bother).

That 57% figure looks good as I said... and I don't doubt its risen from there... but it is simply not 92%. It can't be to begin with for it's inclusions of the distortions I've talked about. 70% or so? I could see that I suppose but ultimately there is concrete way to get the actual real %. We can only make estimations between that 57% and 92%.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1" post="7.873676.21944001 said:
Again with this "gotcha" business. Where did I fail to address it? I didn't go into the specifics because I know how this song and dance goes. When did the physical release come out relative to the digital, if after how many digital copies were already sold, how limited was the physical release, loads of things need to be clarified.
I don't discount something if it has a physical release but simply having one doesn't mean every copy ever sold digitally should be counted when talking about the digital vs physical head to head.[/qupte]

Well finally, now you have finally admitted to arbitrarily picking and choosing which games to discount based on whether they fit your narrative or not. Trying to get you to establish some consistency on how you decide which titles to exclude or not has nothing to do with "gotcha" tactics, you can try deflect your complete lack of consistency with the latest forum argument buzz word all you like but it doesn't change anything.

You can bang on about "relevancy" or "accuracy" as much as you like too, you have more than shown you care little for either as all you do is keep moving the goalposts to try fit your failing narrative.

Your missing a pretty big point as well, if we go by your exclusions that wipes of billions of dollars worth of revenue off the books. Just think about that... billions of digital only distribution gone and the numbers are still massively skewed in favour of digital distribution with it at 70% minimum considering Steam and Origins Market share.

Shows just how dead PC retail distribution actually is when you factor in all of revenue "head to head" and the digital only.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
J Tyran said:
Well finally, now you have finally admitted to arbitrarily picking and choosing which games to discount based on whether they fit your narrative or not. Trying to get you to establish some consistency on how you decide which titles to exclude or not has nothing to do with "gotcha" tactics, you can try deflect your complete lack of consistency with the latest forum argument buzz word all you like but it doesn't change anything.

You can bang on about "relevancy" or "accuracy" as much as you like too, you have more than shown you care little for either as all you do is keep moving the goalposts to try fit your failing narrative.

Your missing a pretty big point as well, if we go by your exclusions that wipes of billions of dollars worth of revenue off the books. Just think about that... billions of digital only distribution gone and the numbers are still massively skewed in favour of digital distribution with it at 70% minimum considering Steam and Origins Market share.

Shows just how dead PC retail distribution actually is when you factor in all of revenue "head to head" and the digital only.
What are you on about? Are you bloody serious? So I'm wrong for stating those sub groups of games which are by the large exactly how I put it... no I had to go look up every single game that had a box copy making sure to list them as exceptions every single time... all so you could than go look up something I missed and than remark "hahaha you're picking and choosing as you didn't include this". I have no time for that. My consistency is clear, I've explained it several times now with no contradiction.

Yeah yeah you saw someone use that angle so you think you can too. You'd have to explain what my narrative, motive, and just how I'm shifting the goalposts (and what they are) first. Go ahead.

92-8 is dead, 70-30 is not dead. Try again.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
Yeah yeah you saw someone use that angle so you think you can too. You'd have to explain what my narrative, motive, and just how I'm shifting the goalposts (and what they are) first. Go ahead.
First goalpost shift:-

Rozalia1 said:
Yeah I can read thanks though I suppose I can see the confusion. Tablet and mobile games == facebook/free-to-play games.
Claiming that tablet and mobile games were included and that fudged the statistics, you changed your tune after being called out on it. Instead you arbitrarily started excluding whole genres of games or select games based on their business model, I asked you to give a good reason for this and you basically just admitted that you did it because your argument is null and void with them included.

When asked why Planetside doesn't count and Battlefield would you responded with:-

Rozalia1 said:
Do Battlefield 3/4 have physical releases?
When it was pointed out that it did indeed have a retail release you started ranting about "gotchas" and moved the goalposts again instead of just conceding that many of the biggest F2P, MOBAs and MMOs do have limited retail releases which according to your "standard" of "approval" (because you really are the one that decides all this right?) would means they can be added to the "approved" revenue pile.

I don't need to "try again", I have posted industry sources and informed analysis that have supported my points. What have you got? Buzzwords, inconsistency, arbitrary decisions.

I would suggest that you actually begin to try.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
No where did I compare PC and console sales so try again. I referenced the article based on total revenue and said traditionally console still makes more... you any idea how much social and free-to-play is worth in revenue? Hint, it more than makes up the difference between the two thereby traditionally the conclusion is obvious.
Except when you compared PC and console sales by falsely claiming that consoles have larger communities.

That "Tradition" was broken in 2012 and PC has been making more than consoles since.

Makes up what difference? Social and free to play games exist on any platform. there are also plenty of retail social games with boxes (especially for Wii).

Head to head the 92% figure is wrong and anyone who uses it as evidence in that context is wrong. Simple as that.
except.... that noone did. what i used that figure was to point out that most pc gamers dont buy physical but instead do digital purchasers, for which the figure is true.

Absurdity? The data is used to state that X game if it sells 1 copy physically should sell 8-9 digitally
bollocks. all such data would indicate than on average this would be true and would not mean so for any specific game. if anything a single game with 1 phyiscal and 50.000 digital sales would allow much deviation from average for others.

You read that post considering you responded to it but whatever here it is again.
Except.... that i didnt. once again you are claiming me doing something i did not here.

Not that that post was correct mind you.

Head to head sales, digital vs physical for a game. Poor sales on PC is always excused that the real number is actually much much more than that, I've heard as much as 10xs... however that is using this data which is as I've said faulty for determining that.

Not "you" you. What I meant is faulty information can be harmful as if the physical media % head to head is actually 40% for example but if publishers/developers go off a statistic that says its 8% and than other reports that it'll only keep dropping... than it hurts the consumer who buys physical, and it hurts the developer as in a move to save money they'll be making less anyway.
Im sure the publishers know how much the market for physical sales is considering they dont have huge shortages or massive overproduction (except nintendo, but they always have shortages). So i highly doubt it is hurting the developer. on the other hand digital sales is the number one money maker according to their financia reports. so i guess there is something to those claims, no?

So instead of actually addressing the matter of head to head you're going to keep targeting the fact I used mobile and tablet games in place of free-to-play and social all of once... admittance of defeat if I ever saw one.
well as long as you keep trying to post nonsense such as free to play games should not be counted and claiming you associate it with tablets i guess it is actually adressing the matter.

Charcharo said:
According to VGChartz, STALKER sold 40 000 copies. Yet one of its mods got 250 000 unique downloads in a single day. For a small, low budget and niche game's community mod...
How is that possible?
Didnt you post a link before where STALKER dev said they sold over 2 million copies? because that would be an example of 98%+ digital sales then.

Rozalia1 said:
Why do you think these are some sort of "gotcha"?
Probably because it completely destroys your argument that free to play games should not be counted.

considering revenue for PC, digital in general would have to be supremely higher for that to be the case.
It is. Videogames are the largest entertainminig industry in the world and PC is the second largest market in it.