Repost your first Escapist post!

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
On a topic called I came, I saw, I left, about walking out of movies:

redisforever said:
Doom, I left 45 mins in. Then I realized I missed the FPS scene. So, later that year I rented it, watched the end, and returned it.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
Nuuu said:
Nuuu said:
I Bought it for PC, I bought it cuz i was in a game drought and i wanted to see what the hype was about. Then i found out my computer needed a Dual-Core Proccessor... So i bought one about two or three weeks later but didnt install it until probably the fifth or sixth week...By then i was back into WoW after a year long break and playing Catacalysm. Once i got it installed i played Campaign and it was a bit interesting. After a while, though, i was wondering when the game ends, and after i beat the game i felt like there wasnt enough! I went back to WoW without going to multiplayer...
This was pretty much Exactly one year ago, it was a Poll asking if you played CoD Black Ops. In my opinion, it was a waste of $60, but it at least prompted me to buy a dual core processor.
A wild drastical increase in Grammar has appeared! What do you do?

FIGHT BAG
PKMN >RUN

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
thefrizzlefry said:
Okay, before I say anything else, an arrest was going over the line.
Now that that's out of the way: BA HA HA HA HA!
I friggin' hate people that just won't put their god damned cell phones way during class. They'll turn their volume down just low enough for me and no one else to hear, they'll giggle incessantly at the stupid shit their equally stupid friends say, and a whole myriad of other minor complaints.
Yeah, I was annoying when I was 15.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
In God of War 2, when you have that fight in the dark and you end up killing the spartan soldier from the beginning. And then afterward when Kratos sees his wife, but strangely that wasn't as bad.
This was in a thread asking when you've teared up at all while playing a game.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Baron von Blitztank said:
First time using the Experimental MIRV in Fallout 3.
Regarding OMFG moments in gaming.
Not much of an interesting post but I'm still here so obviously I did something right

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Sinclair Solutions said:
Recently, I have made a list of things I would like to do before I die. The list has the following categories along with an example or two:

1. Things I Want to Do (Build my own house; Walk the Appalachian Trial)
2. Books to Read (1984; Moby Dick)
3. Video Games to Play (Final Fantasy VII; Silent Hill 2) [You may include DLC]
4. Comic Books/Graphic Novels to read (Watchmen; Batman: Year One)
5. Albums/Songs/Artists to Listen to (Abbey Road; Are You Experienced?)
6. Movies to Watch (Psycho; Fistful of Dollars)
7. TV Series to Watch (Lost; 24)

Now, I signed up to the Escapist because I wanted your help with the list. You can suggest anything you want for any of the categories. The only restrictions are that I am fine with making suggestions of things you like, but I would rather it be something I have heard, that is well-known, or that is critically acclaimed. I would not like to see a bunch of fantasy novels that I've never heard of before. Also, no anime. Sorry, that's just not something I'm into.

Thanks guys. Any help you can give will be appreciated!
I recently got rid of the list I mentioned. It was too much pressure on me to do things when I just didn't have the time, and only made me feel depressed.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Belive it or not I was more annoying , and bad at grammer than I am now!

The thread was 'moments in gaming that spooked you out ?!'

imnotparanoid said:
the only one i really remember was when i was like 4 on harry potter and i turned around and there was this gnome right behind me and its face took up the whole screen and it said one of the scariest things i ever heard "arbooga!" i screamed, alot
I am not proud of that post, and would rather for get about it.

Now lets play spot the grammatical errors!

I got 11.
Reading a post I made a few days ago I only had 1!
I have improve at the english!

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Kevlar Eater said:
speed: 60
agility: 20
strength: 20
will: 0
decision making: 10
emotional control: 5
rage: Unlimited
laziness: Unlimited
mental stability: 10
street smart: 0
book smarts: 70.
creativity: -100
empathy: -100
My first post involved pseudo-Fallout stats. It was the way I felt at age 19.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Like God of War, I'd say it's more like Lament of Innocence, you know that 3D Castlevania game that had you hacking and slashing your way through hundreds of enemies with a flexible weapon, it was a lot like God of War in that regard too and came out two years before it. Also the like God of War thing doesn't really work for any game for one reason God of War wasn't original it was just a high point of the hack and slash genre, that was started by Double Dragon I believe, thats like stamping Half-life with a like Doom stamp.
Made an a response to a Zero Punctuation episode, which back then was the only thing I came to the site but soon found a fun and mostly tolerant community.

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Gammayun said:
If im being honnest i probably get bf3 first because it has change from it previous games though as far as i see call of duty hasnt budged an inch it not bad thing but paying once a year basically what is a glorifided exspantion pack is a bit anoying but that doesnt change the fact they are really good games and are unfortionate to be very popular which mean the will be a group of people finding any excuse to put it down. But what i am hoping for s that the mw3 sales are going to be down not cause i want call of duty to die but so activion will take more of a risk with the series instead of stagnating it. But i totaly agree that people should stfu and judge the games when they are actually released.
I hope my posts have gotten better since then.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Oh my, that's quite the timewarp, going back all the way to the 10th of February 2008:
Cowabungaa said:
there is NO WAY that helicopters fly that low in real life
Yes, they can. I'm living under an airforce practice area, and one day some crazy ass Apache pilot flew his Apache under the bridge near my house. And that's narrow, they can.
Yes it's friggin hard and dangerous to keep a helicopter safe 4 meters from a building, but explain why it's not doable.

Anyway, indeed it's a quality reveiw as usual, very enjoyable indeed :) I so agree on the "I stopped playing because I had to have diner 2 hours ago" catagory, I started playing yesterday after work (about half past 5 in the evening) and when I checked my watch later that evening, I discoverd (while being amazed) that it was 23:15. I loved the switching between SAS and Marines, really good variation. I do understand the people who have issues with the Whack-A-Mole AI and yes it can get on your nerves. I didn't find it that troubeling, kamikazi-enemies are even more retarded. Shame they didn't implent at least a bit of tactical sense in the enemies, FEAR did it (roughly, after a while it got predictable anyway) already, why didn't CoD4?
I still love this game, the singleplayer is short though. Time to check how good the multiplayer is.
Yeah, I started out on these forums by commenting on a Zero Punctuation review. Yeah, I know.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
(thread on george carlen quotes)

I am. is consider to be the shortest sentence in the English language
I do. is arguably the longest
(or something like that)

Turns out I was wrong back then the quote was:
"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
Well it's time for my awkward first post.
I'd have to say Kratos is the ultimate badass, killing Zeus, Aries, Poseidon, Hades, and screwing Aphrodite is pretty badass.
This was a thread about the ultimate badass. I stand by my choice.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
Post from a clan thread on religion/atheism for one of the MMO's I played quoted word for word:

" quick question, if there was no sign of life and no movement on earth, how are we here then? not only, a scientist says that a mineral collided with another to make organic substances... how is that possible, also when there is no one to move the rock minerals, since you say there is no God."

I facepalmed pretty hard when I saw this
From a thread called "Biggest 'Are you serious?' moments". I still facepalm when I read that.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
I'd say Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. In the first game, he's just a nerd with a lightsaber who just wants to bone someone he would never have a chance with. But at the end of the first game and throughout the second he turns into a noble, samurai-esque warrior who learns the value of a human life and becomes disgusted with the assassination scene. His strongest scene in terms of writing is his rant after the battle with the 2nd rank, Alice Twilight, in the second game (4:37 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMl3Mlsjhzc). This turn around is a powerful move for such a crazy and campy series, especially one made by Suda 51 who is famous for making stuff like this by the crateload.
That was from a thread about best written game character.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
mental_looney said:
Probably been said already but would the type of people who like transformers even know what Othello was other than something they heard about once when they were in school...
Yeah I did not like the transfomers ZP review way back in 2010. Accoutn since 2008 pretty hardcore lurker

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
TehCookie said:
Showing a zombie Jesus in a game is like showing Muhammad (well not nearly that bad), it's against all religious morals but you think that the religious people could laugh at themselves once in a while, however since that's probably not gonna change anywhere in the near future no zombie Jesus for us insensitive people.
It was in a thread asking why we have so many zombie games but none feature Jesus.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
In response to what a questiong about what I used the steam web browser for
Bravo 21 said:
Listening to youtube music, cause it's a ***** to deal with the iTunes while gaming
damn that was a while ago, apparently the 26th of June, 2010, 4:07 pm, Pacific Standard Time. Nice how The Escapist keeps a record of this stuff.