Resident Evil Showcase

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Hrmmm. I like the look of the interior in that ornate mansiony place. Looks less run-down and a bit more unique than usual.

Don't like the look of the... uhrm, insect-witch people. They seem hokey, and they seem to talk like hopeless cliche vampire women.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Margarete could control bugs in VII, and she was infected with a fungus virus. I am sure they will do in the wizard for all of the women's control of insects. It'll be V or W Virus that turns X person in to a vampire or werewolf like creature. You forgot that 0 had an opera singer that could control T-Virus infected leeches by singing to them. So honestly, that was the most silly thing in RE, if we're strictly talking the classic games.
I did completely forget about the operatic leeches, so fair point 0 was goofy too. And as far as RE7, I actually wasn't a huge fan. I thought it went too far into the magic parts too, and felt a lot like Outlast rather than a resident evil game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And as far as RE7, I actually wasn't a huge fan.
Me neither. I high preferred Evil Within 2 over RE VII.

I thought it went too far into the magic parts too
That was not magic. Evelyn can make people she infects part of her hive mind. It's why you see visions of her throughout the game or hallucinations.

felt a lot like Outlast rather than a resident evil game.
Exactly. VII was Capcom's answer to Outlast, Condemned, and F.E.A.R. VII even shares the same writer from the first F.E.A.R and Condemned game.
Evelyn is basically Alma Wade 2.0.

Last edited:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I'm not sure what this says about me, but the channels I follow that've done LP's of the demo had suggestive reactions to the ending.

Say what you like about him, but YongYea's playthrough was hilarious.

(Vamp shows up and picks up PC)
YY: Oh my (surprised, but not unpleasantly)
(Freddie Krueger claws come out)
YY: OH MY (ravish me now!)

While OX went with the surreal:
AF: She's so tall(!)
MC: Look at that hat(!)
JD: OMG, step on me!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Don't like the look of the... uhrm, insect-witch people. They seem hokey, and they seem to talk like hopeless cliche vampire women.
I don't like the look of their gameplay mechanic myself, which I'm gonna assume is that of unkillable stalker. Sometimes this can be done very well, like Mr. X in RE2 Remake, but usually I really hate that shit.

I am glad for the return of genuine monsters though, unlike RE7 with its black goop creatures.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Anyone remember when RE was about a bioweapon that turned people into zombies in cities, and the occasional weird mutant, and not...magical witch vampires that can turn into bees in a haunted castle? Like seriously Capcom, if you want to make a Witcher game just ask CDPR. At this point everyone is eager for them to lose any franchises they have.
Resident Evil 4 already did that.

Also Final Fantasy.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I just played through the demo and it's kind of.....nothing. Like I don't really get the purpose because it doesn't really do anything to play through. You get out of a jail and find a couple keys then you're done. Which is fine I guess, but it doesn't really do anything to make me excited for RE8 at all. And I got through it in less than 10 minutes, so just kind of a pointless demo. They could have made this into a trailer event and it would have had the same effect.

Although I can't help but feel like they are playing with the mansion theme again from RE7. It's got a lot of the same visual style which is fine, but I hope the full game builds upon it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, since I have an arsehole, I therefore have an opinion. Ergo:

-Village looks kind of neat. I mean, the IP is kind of bonkers at this point, in that we've gone from soft sci-fi viruses with a degree of explaination (the most recent example of this being the RE3 remake), to not!vampires. I mean, if Little Jimmy picked up RE2/3 (the remakes) today, and got mummy to ignore the MA15+ rating and buy him Village, then he might be weirded out that the series went from viral zombies to vampires.

-Why is everyone geeking out over the tall lady? She's not attractive, she's not interesting, she's not, well, anything. Or am I missing something?

-Who the heck asked for RE:Verse? Christ, if it just me, or are the RE multiplayer outings getting worse? Outbreak? Not perfect, but great conceptually, and decent in execution. RE5 multiplayer? Fun. Umbrella Corps? Not too bad an idea, but terrible execution. Resistance? Kind of a dumbed down version of Outbreak. But now we've got RE Deathmatch? I mean, what?

-Am I the only one who saw the RE characters in the Division and reflected "well, a viral outbreak totalled the US there, so this actually kind of makes sense?"

I see Capcom is still trying to make Resident Evil multiplayer a thing.
Trying, and failing.

I mean, it WAS a thing in Outbreak, however briefly, but it's gone downhill since then.

Anyone remember when RE was about a bioweapon that turned people into zombies in cities, and the occasional weird mutant, and not...magical witch vampires that can turn into bees in a haunted castle?
Sssh, you're making too much sense.
About that RE4 Remake.

Hey, maybe they could take even more time and remake Code: Veronica.

No? Would that make too much sense?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, since I have an arsehole, I therefore have an opinion. Ergo:

-Village looks kind of neat. I mean, the IP is kind of bonkers at this point, in that we've gone from soft sci-fi viruses with a degree of explanation (the most recent example of this being the RE3 remake), to not!vampires. I mean, if Little Jimmy picked up RE2/3 (the remakes) today, and got mummy to ignore the MA15+ rating and buy him Village, then he might be weirded out that the series went from viral zombies to vampires.

-Why is everyone geeking out over the tall lady? She's not attractive, she's not interesting, she's not, well, anything. Or am I missing something?

-Who the heck asked for RE:Verse? Christ, if it just me, or are the RE multiplayer outings getting worse? Outbreak? Not perfect, but great conceptually, and decent in execution. RE5 multiplayer? Fun. Umbrella Corps? Not too bad an idea, but terrible execution. Resistance? Kind of a dumbed down version of Outbreak. But now we've got RE Deathmatch? I mean, what?

-Am I the only one who saw the RE characters in the Division and reflected "well, a viral outbreak totalled the US there, so this actually kind of makes sense?"

Trying, and failing.

I mean, it WAS a thing in Outbreak, however briefly, but it's gone downhill since then.

Sssh, you're making too much sense.

Hey, maybe they could take even more time and remake Code: Veronica.

No? Would that make too much sense?
  • The funny thing is that Capcom is remaking RE4 twice. The only difference is one is in first person (w/ Bloodborne), and other 3rd person.
  • As for the tall, bourgeoisie lady, you have people that are in to tall or large women. That's not hard to figure out. Look at Street Fighter and it's cast of women. Not all of them tall, but they're packing something, and I ain't just talking about the ballistics either.
  • A Code Veronica Remake I would not mind, but we know it's not going to happen.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Why is everyone geeking out over the tall lady? She's not attractive, she's not interesting, she's not, well, anything. Or am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something, and I shall pray for your soul good sir.

But seriously, you know how "thicc" kinda became a thing in recent years? Well, there ya go. Also, it can be very refreshing when a female character, in a medium that is so obsessed with the more typical beautiful girl, breaks from the norm a tad. It's probably part of the reason why when the anime Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken came out the community went crazy for Kanamori.
Kanamori.png

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Shove a pair of titties on anything, even a refrigerator, and you got yourself an internet following. I seriously wish it weren't so simple, but I distinctly remember that crappy steam greenlight game that took off cause it was just 'thicc' naked body with a lump of metal cube for a face.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
VII was a Hillbilly Horror, this one looks like a classic Gothic Horror(which i think videogames could use more). I'd be down for further first person entries following this pattern of exploring different genres of horror. Could be fun.

BTW i heard this theory from a certain orbular ginger streamer: It's called the The VIllage not cause it's Resident Evil VIII, but cause it's ReVelations III

Waiting for the “I’d hit it...with a step ladder.” jokes and such to hit the interwebs.
So far the discourse rather followed the lines of "I'd hit it... or let her hit me. Or step on me."

Says you, i can think of atleast two reasons. 'Sides, do we want to debate something as subjective as personal tastes when it comes to attractiveness?

Last edited: