Resident Evil Showcase

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It got a sequel. They gave her a real face this time, not that it changed anything.

That's the one! Damn, was almost ready to say adding a face was progress, but...

I should clarify that I wasn't coming from a place of body shaming, that ain't my thing at all. It's just there's a pattern to these internet obsessions, putting aside the people coming at it from a more body positive angle (though it is still just guys being horny rather than women feeling empowered, but whatevs). Personally, the Resi lady looks too much like a close family member for me, so am luckily immune to whatever is going on in other people's minds.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Half the fun of RE4 was Leon S. "Meester Scott Kennedy" Kennedy's corny attempts to be James Bond coming off more like Maxwell Smart. "Saddler, you're small time."
True. For the remake, I am sure there will still be some cheese factor, but nowhere near the level of OG 4. I can roll with it, and I think Capcom will do fine doing a different take with RE4 Remake.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
BTW i heard this theory from a certain orbular ginger streamer: It's called the The VIllage not cause it's Resident Evil VIII, but cause it's ReVelations III
It's probably REVIII since Ethan and Mia are in the trailer.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It’s kinda ridiculous that these companies would outsource development of their most cherished titles in the first place. Just a waste of their time and money as they obviously aren’t going to turn out as well as they’d like. Bluepoint would be an arguable exception, but even they messed up certain elements of Demon’s Souls Remake; specifically character models and the musical score.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It’s kinda ridiculous that these companies would outsource development of their most cherished titles in the first place. Just a waste of their time and money as they obviously aren’t going to turn out as well as they’d like. Bluepoint would be an arguable exception, but even they messed up certain elements of Demon’s Souls Remake; specifically character models and the musical score.
The only reason they keep doing this is they think it's going to save the money when they're not even saving much. I like cyber connect 2, but I knew they would make a game as polish as the final fantasy 7 remake. Another reason being that in Capcom's case, they don't have the same talent as they used to. It does not excuse of course. Sometimes it's best just to drop things, if you know it's not going to work out the way you want. Especially with those crappy multiplayer modes to keep forcing in their RE games.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

There we go with the misuse of "iconic" again. Capcom has learned nothing from Ubisoft's blunders.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

There we go with the misuse of "iconic" again. Capcom has learned nothing from Ubisoft's blunders.
Eh, let Rich People pay their expendable income.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm already tired of the number of "giant undead evil woman is hawt" memes and artwork being put out.
You can't stop it. Things like this are inevitable. It'll pass soon enough.

JOOOOOIIIIIIIIIN USSSSSSSS!!!

I'm fine! Nothing's wrong!
Eh, let Rich People pay their expendable income.
That's not the problem. You can't call something iconic just because you throw the words and a price tag on it. In order for something to be iconic, it take time, years, and fan base building for that to happen,

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You can't stop it. Things like this are inevitable. It'll pass soon enough.

JOOOOOIIIIIIIIIN USSSSSSSS!!!

I'm fine! Nothing's wrong!

That's not the problem. You can't call something iconic just because you throw the words and a price tag on it. In order for something to be iconic, it take time, years, and fan base building for that to happen,
I mean I get the appeal. She's rocking something of that Sexy Elizabeth vibe from Bioshock Infinite, and I get it. That kinky rockabilly style is something I find very appealing. It's just the "she's also like, covered in filth, and is probably going to eat you because she's a fucking zombie thingy." that kills the mood for me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean I get the appeal. She's rocking something of that Sexy Elizabeth vibe from Bioshock Infinite, and I get it. That kinky rockabilly style is something I find very appealing. It's just the "she's also like, covered in filth, and is probably going to eat you because she's a fucking zombie thingy." that kills the mood for me.
You think that's bad, people (and Capcom for that matter with the boss fight) fetishized Deborah in RE6. The younger sister of Helena that gets infected with the C-Virus and becomes a tragic monster. I shit you not. You would not believe the amount of fan art depicting her as "sexy". The same applies to Alexia Ashford as well.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
You think that's bad, people (and Capcom for that matter with the boss fight) fetishized Deborah in RE6. The younger sister of Helena that gets infected with the C-Virus and becomes a tragic monster. I shit you not. You would not believe the amount of fan art depicting her as "sexy". The same applies to Alexia Ashford as well.
Don't know who those characters are but, I would believe it. Given how many "ridiculously sexualized outfit mods for RE 2 remake" I've seen suggested to me on YT, including ones that are basically just nipple pasties and a g-string, nothing surprises me about what people will sexualize.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Well, she has a lot of "feral woman", "bending over, on all fours" attacks and animations. She might even share some of Jill's animations from RE5.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Don't know who those characters are but, I would believe it. Given how many "ridiculously sexualized outfit mods for RE 2 remake" I've seen suggested to me on YT, including ones that are basically just nipple pasties and a g-string, nothing surprises me about what people will sexualize.
This is Deborah.

This is Alexia Ashford. She's the final boss in Code Veronica

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, she has a lot of "feral woman", "bending over, on all fours" attacks and animations. She might even share some of Jill's animations from RE5.
I noticed. But even Jill had more subtly and dignity by comparison.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
  • The funny thing is that Capcom is remaking RE4 twice. The only difference is one is in first person (w/ Bloodborne), and other 3rd person.
I can't help but wonder if it's kind of intentional, if there's meant to be some linkage between RE4 and RE8 (and yes, I'm calling it RE8 unless there's an actual numbered RE8 later on).

As for the tall, bourgeoisie lady, you have people that are in to tall or large women. That's not hard to figure out. Look at Street Fighter and it's cast of women. Not all of them tall, but they're packing something, and I ain't just talking about the ballistics either.
I don't doubt there's people into tall women, or fat women, or disabled women, or any (insert trait here), but that doesn't really explain the fascination with her (to me). We've had female villains in the series before, I don't recall similar fetizhation.

A Code Veronica Remake I would not mind, but we know it's not going to happen.
But why?

Like, this is more for Capcom, but Code: Veronica is a game that could benefit far more from a remake than RE4. You can argue that it isn't popular enough, and okay, sure, but even so...

But seriously, you know how "thicc" kinda became a thing in recent years?
Not really.

Well, there ya go. Also, it can be very refreshing when a female character, in a medium that is so obsessed with the more typical beautiful girl, breaks from the norm a tad.
Look, I'll grant you that female characters in mediums, period, tend to be 'glamoured up' to various extents, but in the context of RE in particular, if your argument for liking our Vampire Lady is "she's not too pretty," that isn't really new territory.

If we look at the RE series as a whole, we've got about five female 'main villains,' as in, they're the core villain of their respective games. They're Alexia Ashford, Alex Wesker, Eveline, Carla Radames, and now, Alcina. Alexia is certainly 'glamoured up,' and Carla is arguably, but that still leaves Alex and Eveline, neither of which are 'glamoured' in their human forms, and are ugly as sin in their final ones. But they didn't generate a similar amount of hype.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
VII was a Hillbilly Horror, this one looks like a classic Gothic Horror(which i think videogames could use more).
Are games really lacking in gothic horror?

There's almost certainly more of it than hillbilly horror (if that's even a genre).

I'd be down for further first person entries following this pattern of exploring different genres of horror. Could be fun.
I've been in conversation with someone on FFN over an extended period of time on the issue. Rightly or wrongly, he voiced the opinion that Capcom's shifted the RE series to be an anthology horror - RE7 is Texas, sorry, Louisiana Chainsaw Massacre, RE8 is now the IP's take on the vampire mythos. I could potentially throw in Revelations 2, pointing out that a lot of it seems inspired by Saw.

Dunno how I feel about this myself. :(

BTW i heard this theory from a certain orbular ginger streamer: It's called the The VIllage not cause it's Resident Evil VIII, but cause it's ReVelations III

There's rumours that Village was formerly Revelations 3, but I doubt that's the reason for the title.

Says you, i can think of atleast two reasons. 'Sides, do we want to debate something as subjective as personal tastes when it comes to attractiveness?
It's not a question of attractiveness. There's been plenty of attractive characters in the series. But I don't recall them generating similar levels of interest.

This is Alexia Ashford. She's the final boss in Code Veronica

Damn it, now I want her in Resistance.

...what? What do you mean she's in cryo during the timeframe. Eff off, the canon's been stretched much harder than that before. :p

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Ah yes, the iconic blazer that we haven't seen until the trailers...

I dunno. Ada got an 'iconic' red dress, Jill got an 'iconic' blue tube top, maybe they want to give Chris a shot.