Review: Bulletstorm

ALPHATT

Aug 15, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I'm against tacked on MP and love me some singleplayer games, but this is a corridor shooter with some cool elements, it's fun but it's not worth full price in this day and age, same goes for enslaved.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Epic's latest redefines the word "fun."
Epic has never redefined the word fun.
And dick tits? That's nothing, try shitting dick nipple... Which is a real thing that I do not encourage you to google.

OT: Nice review. Was on the fence about this one, am now considering my financed to see if I can actually get it.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Wow! generally i hate FPS's, i havent even played one on the current gen, but that looks awesome!

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
I admit I haven't played the full game yet (it doesn't come out over here until Friday) but from what I've seen of it the story doesn't look like something to be taken seriously. It comes across as a parody of modern FPSs. Granted it's not a good idea to start the story with a 5 minute cutsene but I reckon I could let that slip.
ALPHATT said:
how is this a buy title? I mean sure it's fun but rent it for a free weekend and you're gonna finisht he whole thing, it's worth a few replays but why bother.
It should be worth replaying a few times is you want to try and get all the Skillshots and multiplayer should considerably add to the re-playability if it has lasting appeal. That said not everyone's in to that sort of thing so to each his own I guess.
ALPHATT said:
The fun shooter of the year is gonna be Duke nukem forever with allegedly longer SP, historical value and MP.
You make a statement of certainty about a game that isn't even out yet. Just pointing that out. Again to each his own but I'm more interested in Bulletstorm than DNF. Not that it looks bad or anything but it just looks like a Current Gen Duke Nukem 3D which was admittedly better then your average FPS but not really a game changer at least by today's standards. It just doesn't look lke anything special while Bulletstorm looks like something more refreshing with creative weapons and a system which encourages killings your enemies a number of different ways.

In regard to the video it was a pretty good list but some of the kills seemed kinda out of place like Vertigo or Head Shot. Those are the sort of kills you get in just about every FPS and are pretty generic these days especially when compared to the kinds of things you can do in the Demo alone.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
They make games for the non-critical thinkers now?.. Explains why my close minded, idiot friend can't wait for it.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I'm definitely buying this game now. Most likely I'll get it for the 360, seeing as how people keep mentioning it needs GFWL, and I refuse to involve myself further with that program unless it'll get me a game for less than a dollar again.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Ick. Count me out.

Bet you weren't expecting THAT, were you, Escapist?
Will you be starting a thread titled "Am I the only one who doesn't want Bulletstorm?" soon? :)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
tautologico said:
lacktheknack said:
Ick. Count me out.

Will you be starting a thread titled "Am I the only one who doesn't want Bulletstorm?" soon? :)
No, I've already heard people say they don't want it.

What can I say? It's not my kind of game.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
lacktheknack said:
tautologico said:
lacktheknack said:
Ick. Count me out.

No, I've already heard people say they don't want it.

What can I say? It's not my kind of game.
Fair enough, I just found it a little funny you assumed you were the only one, then I remembered the infamous "Am I the only one" threads.

Nothing wrong in not liking this game or any other.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I'll admit it looks funner than I thought it'd be but for now KZ3 is satisfying my FPS needs. I'm going back to my 3PS roots and taking interest in Uncharted 3 and Socom

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
I am SO fucking stoked to pick this game up! It just looks so hilariously entertaining! DICKTITS!

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
All I took away from the review is that whether you like the game or not depends on how much you enjoy the Skill Kill system... and from playing the demo I can safely say that I do not.

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
somehow I see a rabid fanbase developing for this game that will end every arguement with "dicktits!", much like how portal fans are obsessed with cake.

That being said I'm so glad I preordered this game and cant wait to have some money to go pick it up with. As much as people bash on the story and the premise for being unoriginal, I think the gameplay is awesome and incredibly creative. So you guys can bash it all you want, just make sure you at least try the demo before you hate, dicktits!*

*I used it ironically so I think I'm safe :D