Review: Epic Mickey

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
snowfi6916 said:
Wow. I also read reviews from X Play (G4TV.com) and they gave Epic Mickey 5/5.

Starting to think that between these written reviews and Zero Punctuation's reviews, this site is a lot better at analyzing games then X Play is.

X Play has begun catering to the big game companies and always saying that their games are great without really diving into them. Then a new game company with a fresh idea comes along and X Play says it sucks. Hmmmm...
Welcome to the Escapist

Stay out of the Basement

OT: Aw, they had to screw this one up too, didn't they? ;(

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I may take some flak for this, but yes, I'm glad this game got this kind of review. I actually do want this game to go tits up.

That's what you get for trying to make us believe that Epic Mickey won't really be that different from the Deus Exs, Thiefs and System Shocks of this world.

Still, at least we're getting a new DX, and this game remains safely tucked out of site on the Wii.

jjboat

Nov 8, 2010
haha true SFR how can they. Yatzee is comedy. and he bashes things because its his hook. i love it but would never take his reviews seriously. if i did the only games i would ever have played are prince of persia sands of time and saints row2...oh and shadow of the colossus.

Mysticgamer

Apr 14, 2009
I bought and played through the game over the previous week and had very little trouble camera and the controls. If the enemies back me into a wall, there was a little problem but if I jumped away and reset the camera it was just fine. The enemies aren't too easy either, The early enemies are easy but later enemies are fast and strong and if you're not used to playing with a wiimote their going to kick your ass. Honestly, the beetleworx, Blot, or any level boss are not to be fucked with in this game. You don't have to do most of the quests in the game if you don't want to be bothered delivering a cake to Horace. You only need a few power do-hickeys to continue and that's it. I loved destroying stuff in the small world ride and I loved exploring the actual areas seeing what happens if I erased something or painted. If the game sounded good to you but you don't know I recommend renting it and seeing for yourself.

cartooner2008

Dec 18, 2008
jjboat said:
Why are so many of you saying "I saw this coming" or "too bad it isn't good" when all of you give no sign of actually playing the game. Do you guys think that this critic's opinion is the only one you should go by?
Stuff like this happens on virtually every gaming site. When a reviewer gives a negative review of a popular game, most people will do either one of two things. They'll either:

1. Completely agree with the reviewer, regardless on whether or not they played it
or
2. Give the reviewer a bunch of hate mail, regardless on whether or not they played it