Review: Fable 3

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Fable 3

It's time for a revolution in Fable's Albion. Chicken kicking optional.

Read Full Article

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
WOW, way to post a review at the closing bell...

Or is this the lifting of the press blackout? It's 12 am where you guys are isn't it?

Anyway, I may pick this up as it seem to be the first Fable (for me anyway) that looks worth playing.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Great always technical issues that drag the score down. I'll buy it anyways.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
Goddammit why can't this come out for PS3?!?! Or I win the lottery so I can buy a 360 and/or a better computer.....actually I'd prefer that one, I need money.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Well if bugs are your only concern, then I'm really looking forward to this game when it comes out for PC. Hooray for near-constant patches!

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
It sounds like fun. Too bad I can't play it because the dipshit developers are withholding the PC version most likely for shits and giggles. At the very least with how long it's delayed the PC version better have virtually no glithes or else I will personally deliver a savage beating to everyone associated with the game.

Big_H

Mar 23, 2009
Did Fable 2 ever come out for the PC? I enjoyed Fable: TLC, but was never able to find Fable 2. I see Fable 3 is up for pre-order on Amazon, so hopefully we'll see it eventually.

Interesting review to be sure.

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
How bad are the bugs compared to Fallout New Vegas? I just find it crazy how these big mainstream titles have bugs and are for consoles. Bugs are more annoying on the 360 than other systems as well because you never know when it could be a hint of something like the RROD... Seriously, Fallout New Vegas froze on me multiple times which I don't mind except for the fact I'm always afraid maybe it may be something wrong with the console...

Since I bought F:NV going to be playing that for a while. Hopefully by the time I rent or buy Fable 3 (for probably 20 or 30 bucks), most of the bugs would be patched.

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, between this and Fallout: New Vegas we're seeing a disturbing trend in the Good Game to Bugs ratio.

Still, it's nice to know that the Fable series is getting better with each iteration.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Undead Dragon King said:
Well if bugs are your only concern, then I'm rally looking forward to this game when it comes out for PC. Hooray for near-constant patches!
This. I was quite disappointed, yet thrilled with Fable: The Lost Chapters, and hope that this will kill my disappointments.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I WILL play this when it's released on PC. I really enjoyed the previous Fables and saying that this one is the best yet, it's an obvious must buy for me. I hope these issues doesn't rear their ugly heads in the PC port.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
This is why Susan is my favorite reviewer. She's to the point and analytical, but can still be funny as hell when she wants.

Thinking I might rent this one. Just to see. The co-op is going to be a big thing for me, so I'm sad it wasn't online for the review. Ah well.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I just got done with a Fable 2 grind session, so I'm pretty well equipped to deal with any bugs that I find. The ones in Fable 2 were annoying, but not game breaking, and if Fable 3 is better, with the same bugs and hopefully not new ones, then I'm still glad I pre-ordered it.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I was going to pick this up Friday anyway but it's good to know I wasn't wrong about buying it, it looks brilliant. Thank you for the great review!