Review: Fable 3

OriginalityImpaired

Oct 19, 2010
Hmm, I never really liked Fable,
I've played both of course, but it never really sucked me in, it was just good enough to finish the game, from a "why not" perspective,
However this one (partially based on this review) looks interesting enough to warrant a play (I was originally going to skip it), although only because my brother will be getting it, not worth 10 bucks for me atm

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I'm certainly in no hurry after they hit me in the face with the boredom of Fable 2.

It seems more or less the old formula, except that odd gauntlet - spell thing, why can't they just stick with a formula that works...
And the houses, clothes and people relations... I couldn't care less, if I wanted to play the Sims then I would just do that, here's hoping these are not essential to the game progression.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have been waiting for that one game that's worth buying a 360 for. I have passed up several that I want to play and a few that I really want to play, but I *must* play Fable 3.
Endocrom said:
Unless your name is what?
Beeblebrox [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaphod_Beeblebrox]

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I really wish this would come out for the PS3.

I'm considering getting this just because it has so many awesome voice actors in it.

John Clease, Simon Pegg, Ben Kingsly and Stephen Fry?

I might faint ^-^

Saboten

Sep 13, 2010
Is it just me or does it look like they brought back the mana-less spell casting...? God, I hated that system before, I don't think my opinion will change... Though spell weaving looks pretty dang cool

Digital_Hero

Jan 27, 2010
Really loved the hitchhikers guide reference with the gauntlets haha

yeah, looking forward to the game, though im flat broke from new vegas ]:

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I've always wanted to play the Fable series. *Dam my rampant Sony fanboyism*
Someone enjoy it for me please.

[small]Nice hitchhikers reference by the by![/small]

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Really, they decided to bring back Fable 1's "Giant area of destruction" spell that you ca upgrade until you don't need anything else in the game.

Warnolo

Apr 30, 2010
I'm waiting it patiently to pc.

By the way, any owner can tell me if you can still bulk your hero?

Or how morphing your weapon works?

Dec 14, 2009
Anyone know if decisions from Fable 2 effect Fable 3? It's just that I lost some of my save data and I can't be arsed to play through Fable 2 again.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Is this coming out on Pc? Will i get this game?

The answers are the same for both questions... sadly.

EDIT: after doing some reaserch I have found out that it is, just microsoft have no realse date for it.

Would love for this to come out on PC. Some of us liked the Fable 1 port.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
I WANT IT NAO!!!

Why did I buy the PC version?

Oh yeah, because I don't have an Xbox...

EDIT: Oh and Susan, you spelled Balverine wrong.

alfrodul

Mar 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Review: Fable 3

Susan Arendt just might kick Peter Molyneux in the shins the next time she sees him.

Read Full Article
Hah! Considering it's Susan... if the Escapist interviews Molyneux in the near future, I want it on video.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
I feel like the only person that hated Fable 2. The whole game felt like a thinly veiled fetch quest. For a game that allows such customization of character, you had to follow the rigid confusing story the way they wanted you to.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Big_H said:
Did Fable 2 ever come out for the PC? I enjoyed Fable: TLC, but was never able to find Fable 2. I see Fable 3 is up for pre-order on Amazon, so hopefully we'll see it eventually.
Nope, it never surfaced, just like a lot of MGS titles - GoW2(+3), Halo 3(+ODST & Reach), the sequels to Viva Pinata and a couple of others.

That's probably the most positive review I've seen of Fable 3. Like a lot of others here, I'm waiting for the PC version to surface. After D.Toid and Kotaku's reviews, I'm more enthusiastic, but I can't say I'm as enthusiastic as I was pre-reviews.