Review: Flower

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: Flower

Is it a game? A work of art? Either way, this Flower is an intriguing pick.

Read Full Article

InsanityWave

Dec 22, 2008
Hm ive seen quite a few topics lately about games counting as works of art I think this game comes shockingly close to it, Im more into the shooters but this game is beautiful if i saw this in the shop i would buy it, it looks rather fun and a joy to play.

Normeo

Sep 11, 2008
My 2 year old loves the vid. In fact got to go and play it for a third time. Weeeeeeee

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I've been waiting ages for this, flow changed my view of games and this looks to do the same again.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I was really dubious about Flower until I saw Jordan playing it. It's absolutely wonderful, and I was happily surprised to see how it reminded me of games like NiGHTS and SSX, yet was still so peaceful and lovely. If you have a PS3, you should definitely get the game. It's very special.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
I'm super excited for the 'Artistic gaming showdown: Flower vs Braid!' thread that is inevitably coming.

Actually wait, this is the Escapist. I'm super excited for the 'FLOWER GRAPHIX: VERY AWESOME OR SORTA LESS AWEESOME???' thread.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I felt like something was massaging the back of my eyes while I was watching the video. This game looks like a great thing to help you relax after a stressful day. I wish I had a PS3 :/

Oh and after some time, which seems like a BILLION years, another game was released that makes games actually look like an art! God job :D

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I got a chance to play it at CES for 5 minutes. *sigh* I still remember those 5 minutes :)

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
That game is a definite buy for me for a few reasons
a.) I love flOw
b.) Looks enjoyable
c.) I'll probably cry that I can't live in a grassy plain like that (yep you heard me).

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I've just staryed playing. It's lovely. Plus, if you press Select when playing you get a screensaver and if you hit Start it...well, I won't spoil it, but it's very well done.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
I need to get this game and set up a fan to blow at my face while I play, methinks.

Novania

Feb 5, 2009
The game looks like such a good stress reliever, it would be impossible to be mad about anything after you play it. It looks like fun.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Looks like an innovative little game. I wonder when the copycats will come out of the woodwork?

"In our game, you play as a rock! And.. lie there! For points!"

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
A Flower? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H88-tiMG24

OT: Man, I wish my brother bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox....

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
Beautiful game, good review. I'll just nit-pick with this little error I found while reading.

Flower has actually has a relatively strong narrative - about better integrating nature into our cities and our lives.