Review: Limbo

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Dark sense of humour?

I didn't see any humour in Limbo. I was just disturbed as hell. In a good way.

Maybe if the character had been different I would have found it funny as times, but that fact that your were playing as a child just made every death much more disturbing. Been a long time since I've died in a game and had to look away, which happened multiple times for me playing this game.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
A buddy of mine bought this, and we spent one night just playing 'I die, you die' and beat it.
Very very awesome game. Simplistic, yet stunning art style, the lack of music was jarring and eerie, the world itself was hauntingly dream-like...just a really unforgettable experience. I'll probably have to pick this up for myself.

At the least, it spawned some inspiration in other games:

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
It looks like an Oddword game crossed with the last couple levels of Eversion. If it hits Steam or PSN anytime soon it will be a must buy for me.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I was looking at this game as a possible purchase in these slower summer months and it looks like you've convinced me

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
A very good game. One of the best games I've played this year. Who am I kidding. It is the best game I've played this year.

munsterman

Nov 22, 2009
Got the demo for this game sunday. My roommate (who hates anything non-MW2) played the demo, liked it and bought the game. He then played it the rest of the afternoon beat it and now he hates non-MW2 games even more. (Felt like $20 was too much for such a short "Flash Game").

I loved the game and will probably play it through a few more times; definately will try to get all the achievements.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh wow...well, thats certainly got me tunned in...a lil creepy, but, different!

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Oh My GOD... O.O This seems just like the game for me. It reminded me of Coma [http://www.kongregate.com/games/wittyhobos/coma] but Darker and (hopefully) a lot longer. Seriously, this is the kind of game I adore. :D

Simple gameplay? Check.
Clever puzzles? Check.
Beautiful art? Check.
Dark sense of humour? Check.
Decent story? Check.

Too bad I don't have an Xbox :( (let's just hope that the popularity makes it avalible on PSN also. [or steam])

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Brain Slugs you say?

And what will the Brain Slug party do for the ordinary worker?

Mar 30, 2010
I quite like the look of this game, and this review has made up my mind. Well, it's been added to my download queue for when I get in from work tonight. This is the first time in a long while that a review has actually convinced me to get a game, usually my mind is well and truly made up beforehand.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I played this game a few weeks ago FOR FREE on a flash game website. Don't remember which one though. Its actually only about an hour long, so I wouldn't spend all that much money on it. Fun though, wish there was more.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
I think I saw the brain slugs in a preview. Really nasty shit, man.

I am hooked for this game.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
reminds me of heart of darkness with all the horrific deaths and a good game so far, havent completed it yet though so hopefully will do soon

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
You know, I downloaded the demo and loved the atmosphere, but was a little worried about whether or not they could keep a steady job of interesting, unique platforming and puzzling, and seeing as I just spent a dollar on one of the most fun games I've played in a while (Breath of Death) the $15 price point was a little restrictive. Now I'll definitely be getting it! Thanks for the review!

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
Looks great (reminds me a bit of Machinarium in it's simplicity of game-play & atmospheric impact)! Reckon I'll wait for it to hit Steam as a PC download.

Phokal

Oct 12, 2009
BlueHighwind said:
I played this game a few weeks ago FOR FREE on a flash game website. Don't remember which one though. Its actually only about an hour long, so I wouldn't spend all that much money on it. Fun though, wish there was more.
Well, this one is more than an hour. I'd go into more details on all of the sections, but I doubt you played the full game. The Chapters are cut up roughly into...
The Spider is only stage one, then you move onto the Others, then the Brain Worms, and from there on again, and again, to a few I won't spoil in case you accidentally clicked this.