John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Pokémon Black & White Versions

Another evolution.

Read Full Article

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
If I ever were to own a DS I will definitely get this.

Sounds like everything great about the previous games but made even better.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]Ok so who's the new zubat?

Meet Woobat, the new Zubat...but less annoying and cute =3

OT: Got this game today, and my liberty pass ^_^ love it!

Apr 28, 2008
Does this game's online features still require a WEP connection? Because I'm sick of not being able to go online in SoulSilver because I have a WPA connection.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Definitely picking up Black in five days' time. Although, living in New Zealand, I'm not sure if I'll get the Liberty Pass... A shame. Victini looks awesome. =S

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
So there's an actual story to this?

Like anyone actually plays the game for the story, but I'm now curious to see how that works out.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
lower-level Pokémon get more experience for defeating higher-level enemies, and you gain even more experience if you swap your team during a fight.
So that's why I seemed to be getting less and less experience for each battle...
*Continues playing Black*

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I bought White today and I'm liking it! I have to admit they have certainly improve it compare the last games, even the first gym battle was challanging (stupid gym leader spamming Work up).

MrPop

May 14, 2009
My friend got this today and we looked through the Pokemon list and I find it hilarious that there are some new Pokemon based on Icecream cones and one call Chandelurr or something and based on a chandelier.

It seems like quite a good game still. I think I'd miss getting my Magicarp though and slowly levelling it up like I have in all the previous ones.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
This looks to be interesting. Pokemon mixed with SNES-era JRPG stuff? Sounds about perfect to me.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
My copy of Black was supposed to come today, but it got delayed until tomorrow... But a bunch of my friends are getting Black and White so its gonna be great once we all have it.

Irridium said:
Does this game's online features still require a WEP connection? Because I'm sick of not being able to go online in SoulSilver because I have a WPA connection.
God me too. I wasted an entire day trying to fix my DS to accept my WPA connection so I could get one of the shiny Legendary Dogs. I only noticed that once I'd wasted terribly unfair amount of time that I needed a WEP connection.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
A surprising number of my friends have picked this game up, so I suppose that I might too.
The only Pokemon game I've ever had was Gold on the Gameboy Colour, so I'm interested to see how the series has changed.

[small]Now where's that blasted DS gone?[/small]

EdgeyX

Realms of Randomness
Mar 18, 2009
Just got the game today and I haven't been able to drag myself away from it.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
The one problem with pokemon games.
It's the same game over and over!
But I love em =D
That's not entirely unusual for Nintendo games.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Does anyone know if this'll run on a first-gen DS?

I got one when they first came out and it's still alive (give or take a few pixels), so I might just get this at some point.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
[HEADING=1]TMs can be used infinitely[/HEADING]
Back.The.Fuck.Off.

Nothing will be the same.

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
in his review he states:
---- "You won't see a single Pikachu until well after you've beaten the game,"

would i get in trouble from The Escapist for saying that he's WRONG? There are actually 2 Pickachu in the game before u complete it, neither u can battle, but one is on a poster and another in Castelia City.

In game reference: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Castelia_Pikachu.png

Please don't hit me Escapist! ='(

Otherwise I LOVE the new game. I can't believe there are so many Pokemon I actually LIKE. For once a game where I like most of the Fire Pokemon.

On a side note his "one yearns for the functionality of the Poketch from Diamond & Pearl" is something I really, REALLY, couldn't agree with more.