Review: Splatterhouse

proghead

Apr 17, 2010
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
You had me at "boobs"
Seriously though I'll probably rent this out and give it a try.
Really? With all the free pr0n on the net?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
That detail would be bad enough, but then Splatterhouse features the most annoying loading screen ever created by humans. A random enemy from the game disgustingly growls, moans and writhes on the screen for 30 seconds every time you die.
hahaha that made me lol

ehhh brawlers never interested me too much but maybe someday a friend of mine will have this game and then maybe...or a rental idk

Slarg

Jan 30, 2011
I respectfully disagree with this review almost 95% of the way. The Loading times are annoying, yes, but that is about it. I went into this game knowing it was going to be a mindless brawler, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

First of all, the story: The story is exactly what it needs to be: Your girl is kidnapped, your dead meat, but you get a second chance so you can get the bastard who did it to you. Honestly, any game that says it's the bloodiest is not trying to woo you with a story. Anyone going into this expecting Bioshock is setting themselves up for disappointment.

The Combat: The combat is visceral and bloody. Like other users have said, you can rip arms off of your opponents and beat them to death with it, or you can use your own severed arm. Or you can use any weapon from the original games. Weapons do not break easily, unless you use them on the larger enemies, which causes weapons to break in one hit, the exception being the Shotgun.

As for the game being "a step back for the medium as an artform": Games do NOT HAVE to be art. Games are interactive, not watchable. While I enjoy my Bioshocks, my Brutal Legends, and all other video games that could be considered Art, I play games to have fun, and "mindlessly" ripping apart uglies is a good way to have fun.

Now, as for the boobies, I have two things to say: First of all, you do not have to collect them. The only reason you would want to is for the Gamerscore, and I'm sorry, personal view upcoming, but if your only in games for the gamerscore, you are what is killing this hobby.
The Second thing about the boobs, is that this game was made to be a B Horror Game. B Horror has three things in large ammounts: Swearing (Check), Boobs (Check), and Blood (Double Check). So it has a purpose being in there. This is coming from a nineteen year old who has been gaming for eleven years, FYI.

In closing, this game is very, very good, as long as you know your just going into it to rip some people apart. Don't expect to come out of it with modified views of the world.

P.S. The Splatterkills (QTE's) in this game are the only QTE's I have EVER enjoyed playing in a game.

Prince Sikes

Aug 10, 2012
OMG WTH IS WRONG WITH MOST OF YOU!!! ugh sorry not to be mean but the metal the blood the tits and the games in it is epic if this is a game you dont like then dont respond to this if you love this game (is so brutal ripping sphinkters heads and arms off) then plz feel free to comment on this now if anyone says this is a bad game well .... its your opinion me and my brother play it everyday and its so epic so there