PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: Splatterhouse

Blood and boobs do not a game make.

Read Full Article

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
No disrespect due to you Mr. Tito, but just for the juxtaposition, I was really hoping (knowing it wasn't going to happen) that this would be a Susan review. Just imagine her voice in your head reviewing this. Yeah, that's why.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
I'll probably give it a rent regardless of reviews, because I've been interested in trying it since I first heard about it. Wonder what the achievements are and if boobs & blood are part of them.... NAH, couldn't be

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Rented this yesterday all i have to say is awesome soundtrack ,clunky gameplay

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Doesn't look that much fun to me. I may give it a rent sometime in the future though.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
No amount of nostalgia for the original can stop me from returning this game and performing an exorcism on my Xbox.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
I personnaly liked it, i think its a good title, the gameplay was a little off but meh, and i wish they used more of the songs from the bands they announced that were going to be a part of the soundtrack....

bottom line i think it was fun enough for me to play it whole, i liked the fact it gives you all the other splatterhouses has unlockables and i loved the arenas.....

so thats my opinion, i dont want to be quoted or be called this or that, just because i really liekd the game.... to yall have a good day .______.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
TitanAtlas said:
so thats my opinion, i dont want to be quoted or be called this or that, just because i really liekd the game.... to yall have a good day .______.
Unfortunately that's not up to you!

...bad game-liker. :/

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Wow do I agree with Greg Tito on this being targeted toward pre-pubescents.
It seems like fun for a few hours, but I can't see myself coming back to it once I've played it for that length of time.

Also it seems to me that the story's just an excuse for you to go and eviscerate some monsters. Like Dante's Inferno, only with -I presume- an even lower opinion of itself.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
I'm somewhat confused that this got a passing grade (3/5), when the review basically says it's mediocre?

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Nice to know that reviews use BBCode as well. What's the tag to embed Escapist videos?

On topic: Meh, unsurprising. Pass the One Unit Whole Blood, and the Painkiller, please (or even Madworld).

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Was I the only one who felt just looking at the side scrolling section that it was done in the old 90's sort of way (with sprites instead of models)? I don't know why, but those chained spiked balls just seemed off.

Anyways, I've seen more mature games with similar amounts of blood (Prototype, God of War, Dante's Inferno, and of course Gears 2, which had a much more sickening amount), but they didn't seem to obsess over it like this game does. Yeah, they all did play around with it, but they move on to things such as huge amounts of HSQ, brutality, questioning morals/choices, amazing environments, etc. Purely focusing on blood seems a bit old fashioned (unless your character is able to control it as a power rather than it fueling their power. Then I expect something like that).

Looks like at best a rental.

-CarcharotH-

Sep 30, 2010
Tarkand said:
I'm somewhat confused that this got a passing grade (3/5), when the review basically says it's mediocre?
I was wondering about that, too, but if you look at what the ratings mean, it makes sense and I pretty much agree, although blood & boobs make at least three quarters of a game for me...which is sad I guess.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Seems worth a try at least, just for the novelty of Jim Cummings demanding more blood. :p

InsaneFool

The Dude Abides
Jan 18, 2010
I wanna try this game out, mostly because (a) it looks like a nice mindless brawler with tons of gore and (b) a kick-ass soundtrack featuring the likes of Lamb of God and Cavelera Conspiracy which I'm kinda disappointed did receive any mention in the review.