Review: Street Fighter IV

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Street Fighter IV

Practice your Yoga, put on the red headband, and party like it's 1991: Street Fighter IV is here to kick ass and take names. And we're all out of names.

Read Full Article

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
I'm getting this on a pre-order deal from amazon.co.uk

Ultimate Mega Drive (Genesis) Collection + Residential Evil 5 + Street Fight IV for a grand total of £90 (including delivery).

I'm not an old school SF fan but I like fighting in general so was more than happy to have it as part of this great deal.

Looking forward to sitting around with my flatmates and knocking seven shades of shit out of each other (then we'll turn the game on, ha ha ha).

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
Im getting mine today! I preordered the SE from Gamestop. That means I get the headband to! I loved SFII and it is still a good game. I hope it can hold up for SFIV!

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
I honestly can't wait for my copy. I really hope Amazon gets it to me for the 20th or earlier. Also got a nice cheap arcade stick too.

Sweet review, echos/confirms what a lot of other reviewers have been saying.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
I used to LOVE fighting games, they were easily my favourite genre. Smashing heads in SF2, beatin' bitches in Tekken 3... but lately they've all bored the ever loving crap at me. They were all too technical (VF5) or far too arcadey (Tekken 5) and so I've been bored off my tits with them after about three days.

Hopefully SF4 is the game that can bring back my love for the fighters, but I guess I'll find out on Friday. Anticipating it even more after this review.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Keane Ng said:
You're going down, Funk. You're going down.
I'm not going down. The only one who's going to be doing any going down is YOU, my friend.

... just let me play through Trial mode with Sagat, C.Viper and Sakura first.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
I picked up my copy of Street Fighter IV from the local store this morning, then headed out to lunch at the Lebanese place next door. As I walked in, a young boy pointed at me excitedly and said, "Daddy! That man has Street Fighter too!" I looked over, and he was already wearing his pre-order headband.

Now I know this game is going to be something special.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
stormcaller said:
I take it Blanka and Chun li are no longer acceptable ways to win everything?
If you're asking "can I mash one button to make it through the Arcade mode?" then the answer's yes.

Robyrt said:
I picked up my copy of Street Fighter IV from the local store this morning, then headed out to lunch at the Lebanese place next door. As I walked in, a young boy pointed at me excitedly and said, "Daddy! That man has Street Fighter too!" I looked over, and he was already wearing his pre-order headband.

Stories like this make me believe in the future of this world.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Too bad I have to wait until the end of february until I can buy it. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Making fighters mainstream again, huh? Someone told me Soul Caliber IV was going to do that, but then they later told me it didn't. They also mumbled something about invincible hit-frames and cheap-assedness on the internet.

I'm glad they've scaled back some of the complexity though. I started dropping out of fighters around the time that I had to choose what kind of move set I wanted my guy to have: A, B, S, or a tiny icon of a rabbit. When the game actually started I was assailed by so many combo meters and rage bars that I had an epileptic fit, but I still won the match somehow. That, to me, was not Quality Time Spent.

Maybe SF IV will be different... maybe...

Bourguit

Oct 19, 2008
Keane Ng said:
stormcaller said:
I take it Blanka and Chun li are no longer acceptable ways to win everything?
If you're asking "can I mash one button to make it through the Arcade mode?" then the answer's yes.

Robyrt said:

Stories like this make me believe in the future of this world.

:) (Tear)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Stupid me not buying a stupid 360 and stupidly having to wait for the stupid PC port.

I might buy a 360 just for this, dammit!