Review: Tron: Evolution

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: Tron: Evolution

The movie tie-in game goes through an evolution of its own into something pretty damn good.

Read Full Article

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I was so worried. Even with its faults (it IS a movie tie in after all) it's considerably better than one might expect.

Far better than that other Tron game from a ways back.
Ah good ole 2.0...
well at least the plot was decent.
I am soooo buying this one. I'm glad it's good, the online looked like insane fun.
-tabs<3-

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
I completely agree with the reviewer. However, I found the PC version of the game a little harder in the controls department if you're without a joypad. Mouse and keyboard in this case made it more challenging then it should've been. Still, I found it to be short. Maybe 5 hours of storyline game play.

But, there is multiplayer. That will keep you playing a bit longer.

accountdeletethis

Stand-up philosopher
Sep 10, 2008
A movie tie-in game that's good? If I were a robot, my head would explode right about now. Here's to hoping other developers are taking notes and that the games does well financially.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Loved this review, and the video supplement brought back many, many memories of the original film. END OF LINE. Sweet!

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
Well, Rock me Amadeus...a decent movie based game.

Let me see if I get it straight. This is a game based on a movie, which is sequel to a movie based on a game.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I am still waiting to this to show up. I had ordered the Collector's Edition since it came with the mini light-cycle, and being the Tron fan that I am I just had to have it.

I am really happy to hear that the game doesn't suck. I really liked Tron 2.0 back in the day, so I have high hopes for this one as well.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Melancholy_Ocelot said:
Well, Rock me Amadeus...a decent movie based game.

Let me see if I get it straight. This is a game based on a movie, which is sequel to a movie based on a game.
Not quite. It is a game based on a movie which is a sequel to a movie that had an iconic arcade game made after it.

That was meta...

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
the camera controls on the PC made me so angry I returned the game after 15 min of gameplay

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

[sub]Light-cycles FTW[/sub]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
not sure...but maybe I'll give this game a spin early next year when I might have time to game again =.=

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Chrono212 said:
...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

[sub]Light-cycles FTW[/sub]
Your local Best Buy has a demo station for it. I played it there and thought it was wonderful, too.

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
Honestly, I wasn't all that interested in this game when I first heard about it.
But I am rather glad that it turned out to be more (or at least, better) then the average movie tie-in game.