Review: Tron: Evolution

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
KEM10 said:
Chrono212 said:
...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

[sub]Light-cycles FTW[/sub]
Your local Best Buy has a demo station for it. I played it there and thought it was wonderful, too.
...what's a Best Buy? :p
Naw, I kid, but you should know that there are very few here in the UK and most other stores don't really do demo things like that unless they are bigger title's like...Harry Potter...

A movie tie-in...

Well blew my own argument up X3 Still, not any games stores near me :'(
Isn't there one on XBL?

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Chrono212 said:
KEM10 said:
Chrono212 said:
...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

Your local Best Buy has a demo station for it. I played it there and thought it was wonderful, too.
Naw, I kid, but you should know that there are very few here in the UK and most other stores don't really do demo things like that unless they are bigger title's like...Harry Potter...

A movie tie-in...

Isn't there one on XBL?
Well, you could fly across the pond and then come to one of our Best Buys if you are that worried about trying it before you buy it. However, I think that will defeat the purpose.

And I have no idea if there are demos on XBL or PSN. I haven't been on either in a while.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
KEM10 said:
Chrono212 said:
KEM10 said:
Chrono212 said:

A movie tie-in...

Isn't there one on XBL?
Well, you could fly across the pond and then come to one of our Best Buys if you are that worried about trying it before you buy it. However, I think that will defeat the purpose.

And I have no idea if there are demos on XBL or PSN. I haven't been on either in a while.
I don't know...could be a fun trip X3
Any particular Best Buy's I should go visit? :p

Johnny Noon

Nov 30, 2009
How can you do a review of this game and say you broke that camera! Your not Warren Specter Pitts! That camera was broken to begin with. Those light cycle sequences are fun if you like a lot of busy things happening at once and then just falling off the edge. This game easily has the same busy level design that Transformers: WfC had. Finally those controls are intuitive...if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts. I can fix my grammar, but you can't give a decent review?

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
wont it be horrible when the movie is released to panning by critics though?

just speculating

Johnny Noon said:
idk how you can do a review of this game and say you broke that camera your not warren specter Pitts that camera was broken to begin with and those light cycle sequences are not fun also it easily has the too busy level design that Transformers: WfC had finally those controls are intuitive if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts
what did you just say? your syntax makes no sense at all

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
lol Loved the dig at Spector in the video supplement.

Though I must say I'm a tad confused by the actual review as it diverges noticeable from other reviews I've read of the game in everything but the at times punishing difficulty. All of the other reviews I've seen take major issue with the boring one note combat, the sticky controls, the decent environments but terrible character graphics (which you can clearly see in the vid supplement) and the vehicle segments seeming almost tacked on just because they kind of "had to be there."

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Johnny Noon said:
idk how you can do a review of this game and say you broke that camera your not warren specter Pitts that camera was broken to begin with and those light cycle sequences are not fun also it easily has the too busy level design that Transformers: WfC had finally those controls are intuitive if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts
Shame on me? That's the worst run-on sentence I've seen in ages. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now, reading that.

Crigler

Dec 12, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
DragonWright said:
Is there an appearance of a Bit?
Yes.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.
Yes, Yes there is. In fact one of the multiplayer modes is based entirely on the Bit. If the game doesn't interest you guys now, I suggest you check out the upcoming DLC, I can't say more but I think we nailed the real strengths of multi with this one ;)

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I'll give this a pass. Over all most reviews seem to point to this being fairly mediocre or just barely average.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Interesting. If the general consensus comes off as positive overall, I'll definitely buy it (if I can find a store that sells the PC version).

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Oh god I want this now... I was hoping it would be good.

But I would be getting the PC version. I wonder what that one's like, and if it will ever come to Steam...

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I was so worried. Even with its faults (it IS a movie tie in after all) it's considerably better than one might expect.

Far better than that other Tron game from a ways back.
I dont know what your talking about I liked Tron 2.0. I had it for xbox and didnt think it was good but then I got if for computer for christmas one year. Its much better on the computer.

OT: I figured if any movie could make a good game this movie could.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Anything made by disney is a no no for me.

Been there, done that. (PURE was Pure shit)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
If you look at all the games based on Tron, you will find that they all pretty good if not out right great. Since Tron in it self is basically based off what it would be like to live in a video game, adapting it TO a video game is quite easy.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
but owning to the relative lack of depth, it's hard to see it toppling Call of Duty.
Lol, editor-in-chief got owned. It should be 'owing'.

It's also funny that I'm a bit hesitant to post this because of how touchy Mr. Pitts can be.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Brainst0rm said:
but owning to the relative lack of depth, it's hard to see it toppling Call of Duty.
Lol, editor-in-chief got owned. It should be 'owing'.

It's also funny that I'm a bit hesitant to post this because of how touchy Mr. Pitts can be.
Hey, when you are Editor in Chief of a major gaming website, you can be as touchy or calm as you like. Personally I think he's got a good balance. He doesn't jump on every little thing, but there are some things you can't let slide.

The game sounds like a more in depth version of Viricide. Which was awesome. Might look into it!