Review: Wet

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
I found Wet to be a lot of fun. Sure, the levels could have been better and the dialogue needs improvement but I think Wet is one of those games you don't take seriously.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I played the demo, and that was more than enough for me to indentify immediately how much this game was going to fail.
But, Bethesda developed it, so... nuff said.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
I played the demo, and that was more than enough for me to indentify immediately how much this game was going to fail.
No they didn't, they just published. Same as they're doing for Brink.

Does it still have the thing where if you're sliding and you run into something you'll just continue sliding until the animation ends?

I wanna see that list.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Good review Susan, after just playing the demo I came to more or less the same conclusion. It's still on my rental list though.

May we see this list?

Daedalus1942 said:
They only published it, Artificial Mind and Movement developed it.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
Good review Susan, after just playing the demo I came to more or less the same conclusion. It's still on my rental list though.

May we see this list?

Daedalus1942 said:
They only published it, Artificial Mind and Movement developed it.

Edit: Ninja'd.
yes, I've had that pointed out to me, thank you.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
CountFenring said:
Does it still have the thing where if you're sliding and you run into something you'll just continue sliding until the animation ends?
Yes it does. Also, if you're sliding near the edge of a cliff or something, you get to spend a few second in nail-biting suspense waiting to find out if the animation will end with you on the edge of the cliff, or over the cliff. Sometimes it even freezes, leaving you hanging there while the animation times out. Good stuff.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Russ Pitts said:
CountFenring said:
Yes it does. Also, if you're sliding near the edge of a cliff or something, you get to spend a few second in nail-biting suspense waiting to find out if the animation will end with you on the edge of the cliff, or over the cliff. Sometimes it even freezes, leaving you hanging there while the animation times out. Good stuff.
It's also possible to backflip right off a ledge. Which, while a genuine peril of, uh, being a backflippy assassin, I suppose, isn't much fun during the game.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
You know, when they first started promoting this game I thought they were doing a remake of "Wet: The Sexy Empire," a childish "sex industry" strategy/sim game from the early/mid 90's.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Aura Guardian said:
I found Wet to be a lot of fun. Sure, the levels could have been better and the dialogue needs improvement but I think Wet is one of those games you don't take seriously.
This is the truth. The game is styled from a 70s exploitation film. To expect good dialogue is just silly. I think the game was fantastic and lived up to exactly what it was supposed to be.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Apr 11, 2008
I'll be getting WET soon (hahaha very funny).

I can see how: grind enemies, go to next room, do some stunts, grind more enemies, skull a bottle of whiskey, grind more enemies etc, could get boring but I just don't see the game that way I'm afraid.

And I'm actually hoping for some good in the voice acting department. Alan Cumming, Eliza Dushku and they guy who plays "John Henry Eden" from Fallout 3. An awesome combo.

The game was actually due to come out last year but Sierra Entertainment failed, making this the second game that Bethesda Softworks has become the Stepfather to (the first being Fallout 3). And if they had to wait any longer, Artifical Mind & Movement could've scrapped the project altogether.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I'm just gonna defend the quick time events (from what little experience I have with it. I need to play this properly without being distracted by Champions...);

When it's obvious you should jump, you use the "jump" button. When she draws her sword, you use the "sword" button, and you can keep shooting all the way through it. It's not really a "proper" quick time event, and it's definitely not the random crap that everyone hates.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
From the demo I expected it to be nice

Yes the thing with the slides is of course a kick in the head

but you know? when I played the demo It didn't bother me

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

I guess in this game it's less a gimmick but more a new way of moving :)

anyway I suppose this is one of the so many C(+) games rating wise

But you know what? Crackdown was just like that a C(+) game ... And by god all who played it loved it

point being Mediocre isn't disturbingly bad it's what it is MEDIOCRE it's like good but with a slight undertone

good review though

Edit: Oh and btw for those who misunderstand me > I'm tired of people crying on the floor when their game doesn't have the graphic possibilities as big as to render their laptops useless at the highest setting
Or attempting to murder themselves over a crappy story

A simple example of games we should hate by most criteria would start off with public favorites like anything published by bethesda(yes including fallout and oblivion) Mercenaries 2 Silent hill(the entire series)
Mario games
And so on and so on

I mean really come on people

Gnmish

Feb 7, 2009
Unfortunately Susan, you describe the reward for chain-kills as a multiplayer (multiplier?).

Normally I wouldn't bother with such a detail, however you have made a point of complaining about sloppiness.

That aside, based on your review, I guess I will leave off on getting this one. Sounds like a bit of a dud.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
I'm disappointed by the blasting this game has been getting. When I first saw it profiled in some magazine way back before the demo came out, it looked super cool. But slowly the shine has been wearing off, and what I originally thought would be a must-buy is now turning into a maybe-rent. Too bad.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
If quick time events, mash x, and repetitive environments are the only major bad parts. Then this isn't that bad, I'm probably gonna go pick this up. It still seems like a lot of fun.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
"if you can imagine the Price of Persia doing it, odds are Rubi can, too,"

I assume you meant Prince.

Anyways, Good review. I really expected this kind of reaction out of the game too. Unfortunately, I was right in my assumption. I played the demo, and was really not entertained at all. It felt like Stranglehold...but worse. I at least enjoyed jumping around in Stranglehold and sliding on meal carts and what not, but in this...everything just felt gimmicky to me.

I saw that they were trying to go for that grindhouse look with the game, but that is no excuse to not polish the look and feel of the game.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
MercurySteam said:
I'll be getting WET soon (hahaha very funny).

I can see how: grind enemies, go to next room, do some stunts, grind more enemies, skull a bottle of whiskey, grind more enemies etc, could get boring but I just don't see the game that way I'm afraid.

And I'm actually hoping for some good in the voice acting department. Alan Cumming, Eliza Dushku and they guy who plays "John Henry Eden" from Fallout 3. An awesome combo.

The game was actually due to come out last year but Sierra Entertainment failed, making this the second game that Bethesda Softworks has become the Stepfather to (the first being Fallout 3). And if they had to wait any longer, Artifical Mind & Movement could've scrapped the project altogether.
Two out of three on the voice acting. Alan Cumming and Malcolm MacDowell both perform admirably but Dushku is complete crap, as is pretty much the rest of the supporting cast.

Don't get me wrong, the ideas here are all great, it's just the games overwhelming lack of polish and follow-through that drag it down.

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
Mr.Pandah said:

Anyways, Good review. I really expected this kind of reaction out of the game too. Unfortunately, I was right in my assumption. I played the demo, and was really not entertained at all. It felt like Stranglehold...but worse. I at least enjoyed jumping around in Stranglehold and sliding on meal carts and what not, but in this...everything just felt gimmicky to me.

I saw that they were trying to go for that grindhouse look with the game, but that is no excuse to not polish the look and feel of the game.
Same here the moment I started playing it I thought this feels like Stanglehold, but then why am I not enjoying it?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Bobzer77 said:
Mr.Pandah said:

Same here the moment I started playing it I thought this feels like Stanglehold, but then why am I not enjoying it?
Precisely.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I was really looking forward to this game but abandoned the idea after playing the demo - the control system was such a pain in the arse that I just couldn't deal with it for more than a couple of minutes. But that's probably just me, to be honest. I'm filing it in the same category as Mirror's Edge: stuff that I'd love to play if I wasn't such a massive klutz.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I was actually sorta kinda thinking about picking this up but not anymore. I guess I'll wait for the sequel, "Dry".

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Can we see this "List?"
Yes I too wish to see this list. I hope Infinite Undiscovery is on it.

Anyway if I want to play Wet I'll just replay the free demo.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah I pretty much came to the same conclusion from the demo. You could tell immediately that the game wasn't anywhere near finished.

Someone at Bethesda is really pissed off right now that his great idea and hard work was all for naught.

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
I disagree.

I loved this game.

The gameplay more than makes up for the few petty complaints made in the review(for me anyway).

The upgrade system cannot be as bad as you say if I can kill any way I want to and still get my new skills at a decent pace.

Also, how can you complain about the quick time events? Its a core part of gameplay and done very well. Why the hate for the button mashing door opening thing? Allot of games do that and in this one it doesn't take that much time.

If quick time events, mash x, and repetitive environments are the only major bad parts. Then this isn't that bad, I'm probably gonna go pick this up. It still seems like a lot of fun.
Pretty much this.

The reviewer seemed to let small little things ruin the whole experience when they aren't that big a deal.

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, I agree. It's a very fun game, but it feels like there is some climactic shit that they left out, more than likely due to time constraints by the publisher. Still, if I had to choose between the entire Devil May Cry series versus Wet, I'd choose Wet.

DrTrevelyan

Aug 14, 2009
Kojiro ftt said:
Someone at Bethesda is really pissed off right now that his great idea and hard work was all for naught.
Not likely since Bethesda didn't develop this game, A2M did. Bethesda merely published it, and if they are disappoint, then it's because they didn't allow this game to bake in the oven a little longer.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DrTrevelyan said:
Yeah, I agree. It's a very fun game, but it feels like there is some climactic shit that they left out, more than likely due to time constraints by the publisher. Still, if I had to choose between the entire Devil May Cry series versus Wet, I'd choose Wet.
Me too, absolutely.

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
I really like this game but i do agree it couldve use a couple more month in development. First the soundtrack was really great,and the randomness and chaos use cause really reminded me of saint row 2.

BigDeej

Sep 28, 2009
This game was fun, for about as long as the demo lasts. I bought the game, finished it, EASILY in 3 hours, and returned it the next day....very disappointing. I had high hopes for the Tarrantino feeling game, but they were quickly crushed.

BigDeej

Sep 28, 2009
I had high hopes for this Tarrantino style game, but those were quickly crushed. i bought it, polished it out...easily...in 3 hours, and returned it the next day. Disappointing to say the least. Yes, it was fun for what it was, but it's definately a renter....at best.

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I guess I'd have to try it first, but this review kind of convinced me to pick up the game sometime. So long as the mechanics are all used passably well, I'd be willing to put up with any amount of shitty dialog to hang upside-down and shoot things.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
I think the game could have been better, but for being their first game, as far as I know, they did a decent job with a bit of originality.

lordgazoontite

Jul 21, 2009
my room mate got it and beat in a single sitting it does not look or play bad but it is some what short. and i wont give away the ending except for the fact its all qte which is kind of a shame.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Unfortunately I found the game to be quite disturbing with the female protagonist's constant crotch stabbing.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
wait, so your only quarrels were quicktime events and repetitive environments?

well, that and bad acting.

I have to say though, It didn't look so fantastic watching the review supplement.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Bummer. I was skeptical, but cautiously optimistic about this game's prospects. It looked like it was either going to be stale and derivative or over-the-top fun the likes of which we hadn't seen for some time. Too bad the absolute best I've seen anyone rate this game is as mediocre.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I've only played the demo and that was enough.

I don't get this argument that if you aren't supposed to take a game seriously, then that excuses it for being shit.

Which WET is. Yes I know it's just supposed to be stupid fun which I can appreciate, but when that's all your game is riding on why not try throwing something, I don't know, interesting/original/well polished/good looking/funny/actually exciting in there?

After all, if it was a "serious" shooter, and you ran through a load of crappy environments then it'd be fine. On WET though:

"Don't mind the shit environments or character models, it's only meant to be a bit of fun."

Like I said, I've only played the demo, but that coupled with the reviews I've read and I've got a pretty good idea of what the game is like.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
so the point of this game is "Stabby fun time yay!" pretty much. Oh wait theres guns so its "Stabby and Shooty time" my bad.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Captain Pancake said:

I have to say though, It didn't look so fantastic watching the review supplement.
No, those weren't my only quarrels. Did you read the review?

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Captain Pancake said:

I'm sorry, you also said something about the plot being hollow and uninteresting. My mistake.

[sup]please don't hurt me...[/sup]

ila

Jul 29, 2008
I had this game preordered, then I canceled it because I figured I'd just wait until it got hit with a price drop. Still, I play the demo from time to time, so I will pick this up when it becomes cheaper.

And yeah, I also want to see the list.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
I played the Demo a bunch of times. I was going to buy it, but then I figured out that the demo was deliberately showing me the highlights of the game (in their defense it's kind of the point), and that I wasn't really impressed with that.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Captain Pancake said:
Susan Arendt said:
Captain Pancake said:

I'm sorry, you also said something about the plot being hollow and uninteresting. My mistake.

[sup]please don't hurt me...[/sup]
And the controls are iffy. When they work, it's dandy, but they're inconsistent.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

But you know what? Crackdown was just like that a C(+) game ... And by god all who played it loved it

point being Mediocre isn't disturbingly bad it's what it is MEDIOCRE it's like good but with a slight undertone

good review though

Edit: Oh and btw for those who misunderstand me > I'm tired of people crying on the floor when their game doesn't have the graphic possibilities as big as to render their laptops useless at the highest setting

A simple example of games we should hate by most criteria would start off with public favorites like anything published by bethesda(yes including fallout and oblivion) Mercenaries 2 Silent hill(the entire series)
Mario games
And so on and so on

Bethesda doesn't bug-test their product before releasing it. I thought that was reason enough to hate them?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
The major problem with most reviews of this game is the reviewer taking the game seriously. It's meant to be cheesy, it's meant to be stupid at points, it's like when I got saints row, my friends said it was dumb and I was dumb for getting it, I said don't take it seriously and you'll have a blast, he got the sequel when it came out.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
This game reminds me of "Total Overdose" which was fun game but just not as good as it could have been.

Why the title is "Wet" still confuses me.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Snotnarok said:
The major problem with most reviews of this game is the reviewer taking the game seriously. It's meant to be cheesy, it's meant to be stupid at points, it's like when I got saints row, my friends said it was dumb and I was dumb for getting it, I said don't take it seriously and you'll have a blast, he got the sequel when it came out.
I love a stupid good time as much as the next girl, I assure you. That's not an excuse for putting up with bad AI and iffy controls, though.

Besides, if you'll notice, I said there was fun to be had with the game. It just wasn't as good as it could have been.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Snotnarok said:
I love a stupid good time as much as the next girl, I assure you. That's not an excuse for putting up with bad AI and iffy controls, though.

Besides, if you'll notice, I said there was fun to be had with the game. It just wasn't as good as it could have been.
No no I meant reviewers in general, I didn't word it right I suppose, I'm sorry for that. Many of reviewers from what I've seen (both professional and amateur) are giving this game a lashing for no reason, it has it's imperfections but it's fun. I truly think that's what a lot of reviewers are missing, that you play for fun not just pretty graphics.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Huh. That is exactly the same impression I got from the demo: full of great ideas and possible awesomeness, but so lacking in polish it hurts to think about. Particularly important is the flow-breaking.

And I'm sure everyone here would love to see that list *wink wink nod nod*

Snotnarok said:
Susan Arendt said:
Snotnarok said:

No no I meant reviewers in general, I didn't word it right I suppose, I'm sorry for that. Many of reviewers from what I've seen (both professional and amateur) are giving this game a lashing for no reason, it has it's imperfections but it's fun. I truly think that's what a lot of reviewers are missing, that you play for fun not just pretty graphics.
But that's not the major problem with the game. It's not the writing, it's not the graphics, it's the controls and the AI.

Those are things that are fundamentally important to being able to have fun in a game. Other reviewers may have focused on the graphics, but in this review they're mentioned in exactly one sentence, the focus is on the lack of polish.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

Bethesda doesn't bug-test their product before releasing it. I thought that was reason enough to hate them?
well I suppose yes..

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..
I found another reason to haet them.
http://static.open.salon.com/files/shar-pei1231518031.jpg[/img]
Bethesda haets big ol' wrinkly puppies. Do you really want that? Well, do ya, punk?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..
Bethesda haets big ol' wrinkly puppies. Do you really want that? Well, do ya, punk?
first note : spoiler fail

Second note : Well how can you not be mean to wrinkly puppies?

they're not cool and they never were!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

Well, damn it >:[
And, NO! WRINKLY PUPPIES ARE CUTE! CUTER THAN...ERR... WELL... YOUR FACE!

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Played the demo. Wasn't longer than a couple minutes before deciding the game wasn't right for me. The acrobatics would be great if it were an occasional stylistic embellishment on your trail of blood, but to have to set yourself up for a flip or a wall run for every trash mob that goes down...having to run back and forth across the room just to set yourself up... that felt pretty lame.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I thought the name of the game made sense given that for a long time folks called jobs involving murder "Wet Work".

At least I've heard that terminology a ton.

for...no reason...at all...>_> <_<...

Woem

May 28, 2009
Sad to say, but this actually looks pretty much like a Tomb Raider in an urban environment...

cptpillowcase

Sep 8, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
I was actually sorta kinda thinking about picking this up but not anymore. I guess I'll wait for the sequel, "Dry".
Ya should be good, I might just wait for the trilogy tho, "wet, wet, wet"

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
So the whole playing the entire game in slow motion wasn't boring to death? From the demo I found that outside of slo-mo mode you took too many hits so I just kept jumping and shooting until everything was dead. It got exceptionally boring especially with the Gauntlet style monster generators. Does this change part way through the game?

RedFox042

May 25, 2009
Looks like an interesting game, maybe a rental. Though I've been doing more PC gaming than Console gaming lately. What with DDO being free to play, and I'm also trying out Nexon's Dungeon Fighter Online.

But like many many other people in this thread, I would also like to see the
Susan Arendt: List of Dumbest Game Titles Ever

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

you know nothing of my face!

nor of actual cute puppies

like jack russel pups!

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
This game has it's similarities with Total Overdose, what used to be my favourite game, before Assassin's Creed, and in a way it seems to be better. Although taken by the story it may be boring and quite repeative, it is still a great way to just have fun. Wet is a game you play when you are bored and could use something to have fun with.

This is something I would waste my money on.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

like jack russel pups!
Ewww, Jack Russel puppies are ugly. And, they grow up to be annoying little bastards.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

like jack russel pups!
Ewww, Jack Russel puppies are ugly. And, they grow up to be annoying little bastards.
lolz now you're just being awful

Jack russels are the most loyal and cutest dogs around

Yes they jump but for like 3 minutes a day if you raise them properly

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

like jack russel pups!

How am I being awful? They are ugly little dogs, they are ankle biters, they are just annoying.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:

No let me correct that

I didn't bother to run

good review though

Mario games
And so on and so on

well I suppose yes..

like jack russel pups!

How am I being awful? They are ugly little dogs, they are ankle biters, they are just annoying.
go away!

LALALALALALALALALALALALALLA

I can't hear you

anyway let's stick to the topic

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
I agree. Wrinkly puppies are cuter, though.
grmblgmrblnojackrusselspupsaregrmblgrmbl
Jack Russels make me feel like a whore.
Well good for you
No one is posting in this thread besides us.
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.146609?page=1
Read my story yet?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
Well good for you
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
Read my story yet?
naw but I will/shall

hmmm I so hope we aren't going to incur moderator wrath xD

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
Well good for you
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
Read my story yet?
naw but I will/shall

Nah. Susan Arendt owes me one, since I saved her back in WWII from a Gestapo death squad. It's all good in the hood.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
Well good for you
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
Read my story yet?
naw but I will/shall

Nah. Susan Arendt owes me one, since I saved her back in WWII from a Gestapo death squad. It's all good in the hood.
ah then all's well

Read your story liked it just found it a little jumpy but that's all

ps: We own the 3d page xD

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
Well good for you
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
Read my story yet?
naw but I will/shall

ah then all's well

I feel accomplished xD
Ever notice how all pedophiles have a beard? And all rapists wear glasses?
yeah

ever noticed how pedophiles tend to have short hair a lot?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
Well good for you
Yeah I feel kinda lonely
Your telling me.
Read my story yet?
naw but I will/shall

ah then all's well

I feel accomplished xD
Ever notice how all pedophiles have a beard? And all rapists wear glasses?
yeah

ever noticed how pedophiles tend to have short hair a lot?
I think it's a conspiracy!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
I left a comment. I think they are gonna get pissed that we're having a random discussion on Page 3 xD
yah I figured

but let's not wake them up just yet

I hope they'll understand :)
I say we petition to have every third page a random discussion page.

Also, do you know a way I could an effect similar to...
You see the part where you can see the mouth? I want to do that all over a hockey mask, but not too much, but still have it in multiple places.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
I left a comment. I think they are gonna get pissed that we're having a random discussion on Page 3 xD
yah I figured

You see the part where you can see the mouth? I want to do that all over a hockey mask, but not too much, but still have it in multiple places.
First of brilliant idea

and the second I have no Idea how to do that but it's an awesome idea

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
yah I figured

First of brilliant idea

Yeah, I plan to go as a Wasteland Raider type thing for Halloween, and I'm going to have a hockey mask, and I was going to cut up a pair of old jeans or something, and do something to a shirt or jacket, or what have you.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
yah I figured

First of brilliant idea

Yeah, I plan to go as a Wasteland Raider type thing for Halloween, and I'm going to have a hockey mask, and I was going to cut up a pair of old jeans or something, and do something to a shirt or jacket, or what have you.
cool :)

so euuh what was your opinion on wet again? xD

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Maraveno said:
yah I figured

First of brilliant idea

cool :)

so euuh what was your opinion on wet again? xD
I haven't played the full game yet, but I loved the Demo :D

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
I thought that experiance for bulls'th scoring was already decided to be lame after ZP on DevilMayCry4.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
My biggest gripe about the game would be it's so repetitiousness. Go into a room kill everybody and their third cousin and then go on. I liked the demo tremendously but the repetition is just so annoying. Good game though. Needs more spit and polish.

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
I loved this game. My only major complaint was that it was criminally short, as I finished it in 2 days (would have been one if I hadn't begun to feel that my eyes were going to fall out!)

I also came to this game with a certain mindset; definitely not taking it as a serious game. It has tongue firmly planted in cheek the whole way through, so I thought it was fun.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
I never had the control issues the reviewer discusses in Wet. My big gripe however was instead the incredibly lethargic pace of the game. Every two seconds you're in slow mo that you could take a nap through, and even when not in slow-mo, all of the animations feel like you're moving through mud. The game doesn't hit a good pace until you get into one of the Rage sections, but then it feels more like the pace that the game should be running at all the time rather than a uniquely brutally fast paced moment.

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
I was wondering how complex the main female character was going to be; from the look of the review, just another Lara Croft/badass action girl with no depth who is just a woman for the sake of fanservice. Oh well.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
Good review. It seems like the kind of game I'd maybe rent if I had a console, but wouldn't in a million years actually buy. (I'm a pc gamer btw)

timax

Oct 1, 2009
Bebopcola2021 said:
I was wondering how complex the main female character was going to be; from the look of the review, just another Lara Croft/badass action girl with no depth who is just a woman for the sake of fanservice. Oh well.
Hey....I love your avatar : D.

Oh...and from what everyone says maybe I should try the game...

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Review: Wet

What a damn shame.

Read Full Article
Thanks for the warning, I think I'll wait a bit for this one.

I know a few others have already mentioned it, but is your bad titles list anywhere online?

itdoesntmatter

Dec 11, 2008
Ahh how I have missed that nice soothing game reviewing voice. :) I really should be remembering to check out these review things more often. Sadly TE never review games that are of interest to me.

Just on a side note - I'm not sure if the term "balls out" was a very accurate way to describe Rubi, in any way. Surely tits out would of been more appropriate? (apologies if this breaks the censorship rules, but you'd think if balls can be said then it's fair?..)

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Funny how every game that rips off pulp cinema style seems to go for Planet Terror. Just once I'd like to see a game rip off Jackie Brown. Quick-time events that happen while people talk about getting older? YES! I'm there! Giving you a gun that you never actually fire? That's what I'm talking about, baby!

Karacan

Jun 28, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
Quick-time events that happen while people talk about getting older? YES! I'm there! Giving you a gun that you never actually fire? That's what I'm talking about, baby!
I would play that.

Anyway, I was kind of thinking of getting WET (I'm still playing Batman, so any game with appealing combat mechanics is automatically appealing to me), but I guess I rather keep playing the Brawl challenges. Thanks for the review!

Also, I love cutscenes but hate quick-time events. I played Devil May Cry for the story, and I'm sticking to that. :p