Ride Out the Apocalypse in the World's First Zombie-Proof House

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
The garage door wall seems like an obvious weak point compared to the 1 foot thick concrete everywhere else.

dropZero

Feb 10, 2011
Wolfram01 said:
The garage door wall seems like an obvious weak point compared to the 1 foot thick concrete everywhere else.
That's exactly was I was thinking. A garage door can be easily broken into.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Can I suggest a basic underground bunker as the best place? Pretty boring but with properly secured entrances it will likely be ignored if not unassailable.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I will never understand the people on this website's complete love of zombies. It seems like anything zombie related makes a massive impact. On a side note, I predict that 5 posts will appear saying something along the lines of "What do you want in YOUR zombie-proof house"

(If you can't tell, I despise the love of zombies.)

dsawyers9

Aug 20, 2009
TimeLord said:
Nope, This is [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/anti-zombie-fortress]!

And £5 says it works better than that technological failure ;)
Why? It has glass. Never hide in a building that has glass in a zombie apocalypse. Let alone a building with a glass outer wall!
I assume you read the nothing and didn't finish looking at the pictures or you would have seen that the glass is covered up by what 2-3 feet of solid concrete? While it still is a nice temp shelter, it isn't a fortress of awesome such as my idea of having 5 inches of solid steel under the entire fortress with another foot of concrete on top of that and found 10 feet under the compound. Next the walls are 20 feet high and go 10 feet down so it connects with the metal underground. This way you can grow your crops and have no fear of a zombie digging under ground and coming up from below :) Finish with a fail proof dome structured cage that keeps everything from flopping inside from the sky. That is a good place to live.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well all the windows had be skeptical of the whole thing, but I see they've taken care of that. Beyond the aforementioned need of a storage facility capable of holding the necessary supplies needed to survive, the main thing I thought of the whole thing was "I hope they have their own independent source of energy. Those lock-down systems don't run off air."

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
As they say in the Interwebs:
DO. WANT.
But alas, i could not afford a place like that even if i had a really well-paying job.
But yeah, still I'd love to live in such a place. Though the huge garage door does look like a weak spot, i doubt it's just made of aluminum or whatnot. And it actually looks good, very good for a zombie-proof house.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
ssgt splatter said:
Daemascus said:
Be great for tornados too I bet.
And with the way the weather has been going lately in this country this house would've been a godsend.
I still think a house that can be lowered into the ground would be the best idea for a tornado, and for zombies.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
It needs deathpits with spikes at the bottom. And a large enough pile of zombies against the wall will give them roof access.