Ridiculously unfair stuff in multiplayer

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
MPerce said:
The Banshee/Scorpion in Halo 3. Such a *****.

In Reach they toned the Banshee down quite a bit by making it a lot less agile and easier to kill with small arms fire. Scorpion's still an asshole, though. I mean, come on, Bungie. I'm on the Elite team in Invasion and I'm supposed to kill a tank that has an ultra accurate infinite range super fast insta kill cannon.....with my purple turtle tank that slowly lobs globs of plasma?
Get out of your tank shoot it with a overcharged plasma pistol (which disables it) and then shoot purple blobs at it. or alternatively commandeer it.

The only thing I can think of as unfair are what many refer to as nube tubes (so annoying). And an someone with an empty rocket launcher and an energy sword halo2 was pretty dangerous (but that was more of a glitch).

The RTS game BFME2 was almost perfectly balanced except the dwarves heroes who could take on a whole army single handed, they seemed overpowered.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Snotnarok said:
Pompson in TF2, infinite ammo, rounds pierce players and hit them more than once and saps 10% uber charge from medics and 20% cloak from spies.

What's the negative here? Right there is none. OP as hell.
Yeah, they need to nerf the damage. It's just a massive upgrade over the shotgun with almost no downside (slower reload time maybe?). I feel terrible for using it, but when I'm defending the base on my own (or with one other person) as an Engie, that Uber and cloak drain is amazing. I'd still use it if they cut the damage in half.

It also seems to me that there isn't as much damage falloff over distance with the Pomson.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
DustyDrB said:
Snotnarok said:
Pompson in TF2, infinite ammo, rounds pierce players and hit them more than once and saps 10% uber charge from medics and 20% cloak from spies.

What's the negative here? Right there is none. OP as hell.
Yeah, they need to nerf the damage. It's just a massive upgrade over the shotgun with almost no downside (slower reload time maybe?). I feel terrible for using it, but when I'm defending the base on my own (or with one other person) as an Engie, that Uber and cloak drain is amazing. I'd still use it if they cut the damage in half.

It also seems to me that there isn't as much damage falloff over distance with the Pomson.
They should just remove the uber and cloak draining, medics have it hard enough with every class targeting their faces. If there'll be a uber draining item it should be like the ubersaw, where there's a risk in stealing uber.

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
Everything about Dark Souls multiplayer was horseshit.

And the ending was such a slap in the face I will never forget it.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
I don't like MP games like Halo that spawn "power weapons" it seems like there will be 3-4 people always waiting for the Spartan Laser or Rocket launcher to spawn.
Also the holiday themed maps in TF2 really piss me off, it sucks trying to get the "gifts" & a Scout runs in & grabs it.... I'm still missing a couple of the old paper masks that I'll never get.

luke10123

Jan 9, 2010
putowtin said:
EA's servers

Seriously every time I've play the ME multiplayer recently I get kicked off the server in the last 30 of the match

AAAHHHHHHHHH!
Don't know about anyone else, but I stopped playing after the store completely stopped working for me - it just kept stealing my hard earned money and giving me nothing. Now THAT was unfair...

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Alot of MP aren't completely balanced. But what gets worse is when I', thrown online game where everyone is higher level by a huge margin. With a RPG like leveling system, you'd think these games would give noobs some slack and keep them grouped together until they learn the ropes. Nothing sucks more in a online game when you're playing against a guy at max level and has been playing since the midnight release.

Jun 11, 2008
Major Tom said:
Glademaster said:
exp. 99 said:
Glademaster said:
Mad Sun said:
The KV in World of Tanks. When you see one, you know that you are royally screwed. It has the speed of a Soviet tank, the armor of a German tank, and the raw power of a French tank. It can one shot almost any tank below it, and several tanks above it, and the way matchmaking is set up, you'll see one in most games between tier 3 and 7 (it being tier 5). Glad to finally be away from it? That's okay, meet the tier 7 KV-3, an upgrade!
The problem with the KV which is being fixed is that it is a tier 5 tank stats wise and no engine is shit on it and highly prone to fire but has 2 OP guns for its tier and thus also gets ridiculous places in MM. I've gotten games where everyone was a higher tier but arty. After the next patch it will be a fine and balanced tank. Even now I'd take my PZIV or SU85B over the KV any day.

So after 7.3 all should be right with the BDR having the best gun and the KV only having better over all armour.
KV isn't particularly terrible, given that it has weaksauce armor (75mm top, if I remember right). Most guns from t4 and up can take that. The trick is to not let them see you, which I'll admit can be hard, but unless you're in a similarly oversized outhouse on tracks, you'll see him before he sees you.

Either way, as a player who both has a KV and regularly fights against them, the engine blows, the tank likes to light on fire, it almost ritualistically is matched vs tier 8 and 9 tanks, and while the 107 is the almighty godstick, you'll get ruined if more than one respectable tank shows its face. KV hunting in my m3 lee was perhaps the funniest thing I've had the chance to enjoy outside of the panzer 2 wolfpacks.
Well I don't find the KV a problem unless it has derp loaded in I want to hit it with my sword range given that I know its weaknesses as I do play it myself. Although everything with it should be peachy in the next patch as I said. For me as well given that I play a fair bit of TD damage(Russian and German) Alpha damage and pen aren't a big deal to me.
I haven't played in a couple months (so things have probably changed quite a bit), but when I was running the KV I thought it easily one of the weakest T5's. It's weight meant that I got regularly stuck in games where I couldn't even hurt the opposing tanks. I was edgy and decided to not go KV-2. The damn thing was slow enough as it was, plus that massive turret is a huge 'shoot me' sign. I've killed a few KV's because they thought they were hiding behind a hill, but that turret....anyway, I thought going the S54 would keep me out of the higher tiers (experience gained from killing them in my Tiger), but nope. And cause the S54 sucks, the KV-1S wasn't much fun to play until I got the 85mm.

I regularly took down M3's in my PzIII with the L60, though. Fun times, particularly the one where I slugged it out with an M3 with the long 75, front armour to front armour. Killed him good.
Well it is getting changed to bring it more in line with other tier 5 tanks but if you had have gotten the KV 2 turret you would know what I mean. Now the derp gun may only fire ~2 rounds a minute with .69 accuracy if you use AP against your tier it is with question an instant kill. No ifs, ands or buts. The HE on it can damage tier nine and ten tanks detracking them in 1 shot easily and doing between 200-300 points of damage. The other gun is basically a slightly less power sniper version of it so with those 2 guns and using them the KV is certainly OP if it gets in a decent match.

That said I would agree with you general but it is being fixed well hopefully it is being fixed in the next update.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Biotic Charge or whatever it's called in mass effect 3.

Just spam that shit all the time and watch as your shields never go down.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
madster11 said:

Until you run into a Banshee and she just shrugs it off before insta killing you.

Trifixion

Infamous Scribbler
Oct 13, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
For me it's got to be the Invasion system in Dark Souls 60% of the time. Basically you use an item and you enter a random person's game world and try to murder the fuck out of him for lolz.
...and this is why I always play Dark Souls and Demons Souls offline. Because I really do not need the "helpful" messages people leave and I can handle the bosses without assistance from Blue Phantoms...but I really do not enjoy being gang-tackled by one Black Phantom invading after another after another after another...of course if you beat one of them - no matter how you do it - they always start sending you messages about how you suck and you cheated, etc. If they manage to kill you, however...well, expect to see it up on Youtube, shown from their perspective, in a video entitled "pwning n00bs" or something similar.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
maddawg IAJI said:
madster11 said:

Until you run into a Banshee and she just shrugs it off before insta killing you.
He's right you know. Spamming Charge+Nova in silver or gold seems to result in failure.

Personally I reckon the Geth Engineer with Revenant is pretty ludicrous. Or the Krogan Sentinal who has promised to never die.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
I would say playing against someone who beats you out of pure competitiveness...and screen-watching.

Marines and tanks in SC2?

I'm gonna be a bit crazy and say when you beat people too easily, and they get mad at you, even though you've been playing the game for years and they just started. Its like "Yes calm down you just have to learn...no you can't use Eddy (Tekken) or the noob tube (CoD)".

I would love a game where you get points for stylised kills, not just kills, or just some system which forces people to not revert to the easiest, and most unfair way of winning.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
ElPatron said:
Perhaps submachineguns in general.

Fast rate of fire and unrealistic spread make them more useful than shotguns a lot of times and have such high power that they make both shotguns and assault rifles redundant.

And let's not mention that games like CoD have like 5 square meters of area and the inaccuracy of SMGs doesn't make a difference.

A lot of spawns. The MW spawn system has been broken for the past 3 games with no fix, in BF2 it is plagued by spawnkilling. But at least you can chose where you spawn.
The problem with CoD is the shotguns are made ridiculously weak.

In real life, a shotgun fires 9 pellets per shell where each pellet of size, weight and velocity of a 9mm round fired from a pistol or SMG. It is effectively an instantaneous 9 pellet burst and they retain their velocity similarly to a 9mm SMG. The shotgun spread in COD is also HUGE compared to reality. From the muzzle the pellets spread out only about 1 inch per meter. That means at 20 meters (70 feet) you can land all 9 pellets right in the centre mass.

Shotguns should be the most powerful weapon in the game. With way longer range, tighter spread, and more powerful. Also they should fire quicker.

Or is it that the SMGs in CoD are what are too powerful? In MW3 most of them are three-hit kills at close range. Now there is no consensus even amongst soldiers, lawmen and others who use guns on how many bullets it takes to put someone down (it can be either a single bullet or dump 15 rounds into their chest and they still go on chugging). So lets compare to the grand-daddy shooter: Counterstrike

http://www.schuzak.jp/cs-s/dmgchart.html

None of the SMGs can kill in less than 4 shots to the Torso, except the UMP and MAC-10 than can kill in 3 shots to the belly except if one is a chest shot. But with body armour (that I think EVERYONE buys) only 2 are less than 4 hit kills and many EIGHT hits to kill other than to the head.

Mid you counterstrike hugely favours headshots, with or without armour it does 3-4x the damage and even if it doesn't kill a headshot delivers a stun effect. Armour is vital as almost all the weapons are one hit-kill to the head without armour.

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
Aircross said:
Say it all with me now!

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR

TF2, 95% ubercharge, A WILD CROCKET APPEARS!
Try this:

You're invading the enemy base with a heavy. You're killing everything. Then, suddenly, they're everywhere! Next thing you know, both you and your heavy die at around the same time and the last thing you see before that happens is the fact that you have 99% uber, and you were right clicking like a madman just before. That's happened at LEAST half a dozen times to me.

Anyway, in terms of unfairness in multiplayer, I'd have to give it to a little free to play game called Perfect World International. I play on a PVP server, but PVP isn't available until level 30. Here's the thing. All the high levels (80s - 100s) hang around the zones where characters generally get to 30, and they always go out of their way to one shot those people who just want to kill that fucking monster over there. They spend more time trying to fuck the lower levels in the ass than they do fighting people near their own level. My main character is a level 100 healer, but once I get the right gear for him, I'm gonna hunt down the assholes who like to kill the little guys >_>

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Chairman Miaow said:
RJ 17 said:
Oh, and another gun that's just retardedly overpowered is the X-Ray sniper rifle from Perfect Dark. It zooms through walls, ceilings, and floors, and you hold down a button and it'll automatically seek out a target and lock onto them, allowing you to pull the trigger and kill them from anywhere on the map.
You're talking about the Farsight XR-20 and it was nowhere near as overpowered as you make it sound. You were a sitting duck whenever you were using it, and the secondary function where you lock onto the enemy moved so slowly it could be outrun. It was useless outside of 1v1 and maybe 2v2.
Yea but once it locked on, only luck could save you since the slow lock could be hurried along if the player can tell which way it's heading. The issue of being shot in the back could easily be circumvented with an ally keeping watch. I don't think any of the weapon were designed with balance in mind, which is probably why you could pick and choose which weapons were in a match. I really hated throwing knives, especially since the poison followed you between respawns. DY357LX dual wielded probably had a better rate of fire than it should have as well.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
In the hands of a pro, the Sniper Rifle in Halo. If you don't have anything to at least harass him with, you're dead.
hehe I think the tank is far cheaper since we're talking about halo. Snipers I can dispose of if need be.