Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Spectrum_Prez said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Jackalb said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Please have TES5 in Skyrim.
That's what a good few people reckon but I think it's going in the direction of Summerset Isle, call it a hunch. Although either of them would be great.
I'm fine, either way.

High Elves or Nords.

That said, Nords tend to be more fun. But High Elves tend to be more interesting, with their mages and crazy mage experiments.
Summerset isle would be awesome, if they could improve the magic system, that is. Personally, I would be interested in something like an expedition to Akavir or a second invasion.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VVARDENFELL. Will nobody mourn the Guar with me?

I can't. No more cliff racers!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
Spectrum_Prez said:
Will nobody mourn the Guar with me?
You speak the truth brother, How could we forget those beautiful creatures!

meepop said:
Forgive me if someone posted this, but good-bye old wizard who fell out of the sky as we followed the road to Balmora. You know, the one with the jump scrolls that let you jump really high?
Tarhiel, he died from the impact anyway.

meepop said:
Oh yeah and bye to Fargoth in Seyda Neen, that crazy hoarding bastard.
I imagine most people killed him anyway.

meepop said:
Yeah I never finished it--was there anyone who ever figured out all the different stats like "Cast Sanctuary on Self for 30 seconds." Did anyone know what that MEANT?
Sanctuary made you harder to hit.

meepop said:
It kind of reminded me of World of Warcraft anyone agree?
I'd almost call you a troll if I didn't know better.

meepop said:
I stopped caring and just used the console to mess around
I'm sure we all did at some point, there was definitely some fun to be had doing that!

meepop said:
And um...Yeah I never finished it
*Tears*
This is my secret shame after 4/5 years I haven't either, I'm doing an almost mod-less playthrough at the moment to try and do it.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Badong said:
What next, the planes of Oblivion fall under the eternal and unrelenting conquests of Hello Kitty?
Hey man, Hello Kitty is a serious threat to all of Tamriel. Don't even joke D:

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Well hey, where the fuck do you think Fallout 3 took place?

Silly aside, I tried getting into Morrowind twice, never managed to. A shame, certainly, but I just didn't have fun with it. (maybe I should've played archer or wizard instead of a damn warrior?)
I did however, like the overall landscape (the part I went far enough to see, anyway), it was just so much more immersive than Oblivion.

And I'm really waiting for TeS V. And New Vegas too, because it's in the desert. Somehow, I just effin' love desert environments in games.
Weird, I know.
Edit: Oh, and large surfaces of water, too. Especially if it's really large (like the Black Sea, or some ocean) and I get to go around in a ship. (yeah, I liked Sid Meier's Pirates) It would be just so awesome to commandeer my very own crew of buccaneers in TeS V! (especially if it's on that I-can't-recall-the-name-island-in-the-forgot-what-its-called-sea, it would even make sense)

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
This is indeed absolutely terrible news. I couldn't stand hearing the non-stop torrent of bad news from Morrowind that had reached Cyrodiil, and knowing that the whole island is essentially gone is just unconscionable to me. And this, after Saint Jiub finally drove out the cliff racers once and for all.

For all my Redoran kin under the Emperor Crab in Ald'ruhn; for all my diverse Guild colleagues, underlings, and duly-deposed predecessors; for Tholer Saryoni, our Temple brethren and their false, deposed 'gods;' for Divayth Fyr, his hot daughters, and his illustrious Dwemer houseguest Yagram Bagarn; for my true people, the Ashlanders, and my late, prodigal friend Voryn Dagoth; I raise a glass of Sujamma in your honor.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Wayn... :,(
Do you mean the blacksmith in Balmora Fighter's Guild?

TheRocketeer said:
For all my Redoran kin under the Emperor Crab in Ald'ruhn; for all my diverse Guild colleagues, underlings, and duly-deposed predecessors; for Tholer Saryoni, our Temple brethren and their false, deposed 'gods;' for Divayth Fyr, his hot daughters, and his illustrious Dwemer houseguest Yagram Bagarn; for my true people, the Ashlanders, and my late, prodigal friend Voryn Dagoth; I raise a glass of Sujamma in your honor.
Oh yes good sir, your point is very valid
A Toast to VVardenfell! May you forever live on in our memories.

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
This is a sad day. Vvardenfell is my favourite fantasy world in any game (planescape close second), it had so much character and yet it felt real. Jackalb you really should finish it, the end is beautiful. Well when you confront Dagoth Ur anyway he really is one of the better videogame villains.

Also I'm hoping for 5 to be set in Aragonia or Elseweyr. I mean a swamp filled with sentient trees? Awesome! Elseweyr is also pretty cool I mean it's name is elsewhere misspelled ^^. Besides neither location has been given all that much lore and is currently a bit in the dark. I guess same is true with Summerset from what I've seen but Skyrim is mentioned all the time, big whoop.

Still, a sad day.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
swimon said:
Jackalb you really should finish it, the end is beautiful.
I know haha, I'm putting every moment I can spare (Which isn't much these days) into finally finishing it and the expansions.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I read that somewhere as well, its sad to see my homeland this way =(
Surely though the Dunmer are equiped to deal with Dagoth Ur errupting, things like Magicka could be used to help rebuild, they have some of the most powerful mages and wizards in Tamriel in House Telvanni.
Hopefully Vvardenfel will be rebuilt in some form.

OT
I really loved the Telvanni cities, they are so complex and unique. I dont think I have seen anything like that in an open world RPG since.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Vvardenfall is gone? I liked the land but hated the people. Serves those Dark Elves right, being all racist to an up-and-coming Argonian.

And the Argonians took over the mainland? YES. Argonians rule. Literally now. Heh heh.

also the complete destruction of a whole continent is pretty sad i guess

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
TheRocketeer said:
For all my Redoran kin under the Emperor Crab in Ald'ruhn;
Actually, the Emperor Crab was long gone before the Ministry hit, they resurrected [http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=POTD.Detail&id=3826] and then lost it in the battle for Ald'Ruhn against the Daedra.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
SirCannonFodder said:
they resurrected [http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=POTD.Detail&id=3826] and then lost it in the battle for Ald'Ruhn against the Daedra.
That could very well be my new background; Pretty awesome.

UPRC

Mar 5, 2010
I have The Infernal City, but I've neglected to read much of it.

Vvardenfell was a fantastic location, and I'll miss it for sure. Bethesda better not have killed Jiub off!!!!

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
UPRC said:
Vvardenfell was a fantastic location, and I'll miss it for sure. Bethesda better not have killed Jiub off!!!!
Yeah it's mentioned in Oblivion that the Daedra got him, sorry pal!

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I think that even thought they lived on the Ash, they lived in perpetual squalor. Likely the only reason they lived on the ash was because they couldn't get anywhere else(Damned cliff racers) and died in the resulting ash cloud.

That or the lava(It was a eruption you know) raised the local lava rivers which, being lava. Burned everyone nearby to death.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
Other the destruction of my most beloved fantasy location, the book sounds pretty good so I think I'm going to order it tomorrow!

Bacterial-Ash

Jun 22, 2010
Oh my go- WHAT??

No wait it doesn't affect me at all, its just a game afterall...

*turns around to wipe away a tear*

ITS JUST A GAME GODDAMMIT

(T-T)

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
Well that really sucks. Morrowind is the only game where I finish it(the main quest, the expansions, and a few different guilds every run-through just to mix it up), and then delete my save file just to start a new one for the fun of it. It's a shame that the island in which I had so much fun on is destroyed.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
As long as I forced myself to play it I have never found any likeable character or place that would look nice. It was basicly the main reson why I never liked morrowind. Im sorry but Im going to celebrate :)