Robot Chicken Creators: Star Wars Sitcom Will Be "Awesome"

Kialee

Aug 1, 2010
Seth Green starts/is involved in another television program.
Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Does he have attention deficit disorder?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
God damn it. An official sitcom? People have made money making some brilliant Star Wars parodies and jokes from Spaceballs, to Family Guy, to Chad Vader.

Now Lucas is whoring out the franchise as a kiddie cartoon show and a comedy. Star Wars is dead to me now. You know I wasn't really on board with all this George Lucas hate. I mean a guy has every right to make money and he is a creative guy. This is too far. Damn you George Lucas and damn all those movie executives. The Sarlacc pit is too damn good for them.
Count me in as well, I really wasn't on board with all the Lucas either but this just erks me. I could stand that crappy second Clone Wars series but this is the final straw. I'm just sticking to the first three movies and the first round of the Clone Wars cartoons made by that other artist who's name escapes me at the moment.

Jandau said:
What's next? A Warhammer 40k romantic comedy?
The only way I'd tune in to see that is if they get killed in the end. I know there's some bloody fanfic around the internet with some Eldar (xeno scum!) and a human falling in love. The only way I'd watch that is they both get taken away by Slaanesh at the end of it.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Kialee said:
Seth Green starts/is involved in another television program.
Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Does he have attention deficit disorder?
Nope.. hes just spent too much time hanging around Seth Mcfarlane, who earlier this year had 3 animated shows going, plus was doing cameos in live action tv.

I mean bravo to both men for not resting on their laurels.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I'm already a big fan of the robot chicken specials they did involving star wars. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

ultimaavalon

Sep 19, 2008
T-Bone24 said:
"Luke, don't slam the door like that!"

"Sorry, Han, I guess I used the Force!"

*laugh track*
No no no, that was 80's/early 90's sitcoms. You forgot to account that it's 2010.

*Luke slams door*

*Laugh track*

Han: Luke *laugh track* Don't slam the door like that! *laugh track*

Luke: Sorry Han. *Laugh track* I guess I used The Force *wild laughter track followed by applause*

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm not impressed.

It's not so much that I'm concerned about the relative quality that can be achieved, it's simply that Star Wars humor is cool in doses, but I'm not sure if it's something I'm going to want to watch often enough to carry a sitcom... and I think that is going to be a problem for a lot of people.

On top of that I'll be honest in saying that if they are going to play around with Star Wars on TV, I think it would be better for them to work on doing an actual, serious, TV series rather than any kind of a spin off or mockery of the source material.

See, if I was doing this I'd probably work on a premise like having an evil Sith empire controlling everything during one of the Galaxy's dark cycles which is about to change, the force going cloudy for the bad guys, and these "Jedi" guys only remembered from ancient legends start showing up and kicking the living crud out of them. More or less the existing Star Wars storyline in reverse, covering the tiny handfull of now extremely powerful Jedi who inevitably bring an end to the Sith (ending with a period of balance) at least for another cycle where at the end the Jedi inevitably will fall again and be replaced.

Since the Star Wars universe is supposed to work like a wheel with good ruling, and then evil, with each change represented by a period of relative balance, something dictated by The Force (and this is why Kreia wanted to destroy it in KotOR II, to obtain true free will and break free from fate and destiny, a storyline apparently developed with input from George Lucas according to many rumors), the exact time period doesn't matter. It could be a story set way in the past many cycles before KotOR or way in the future well after the events of the movies and any of the novels or whatever, part of the entire point is that it doesn't much matter. I believe the way the universe cycles is also why there is so little in the way of technological development and things stay relatively constant excepting a few super weapons... everything constantly winds up getting knocked over every so often.

Do something like that with the FX/budget of a series like say "Andromeda", "Star Trek", or "Battlestar Galactica" and I think it would be quite successful.

Star Wars satire might hold down the occasional bit here or there, but we're talking about what is dozens of hours of material if it's produced, not a couple of features from "Robot Chicken" or "Family Guy".

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
No, i don't care who makes it. A Star Wars Sitcom? Really? REALLY!? fucking christ, it's going to suck harder than Hayden Christianson

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
archvile93 said:
I still think it's going to be awful. I won't blame Seth Green for that thpugh.
Same...He tries his pest, but...its just not going to work

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Well, I'm still incredibly skeptical.

As terrible of an idea as it is, and as stupid as George Lucas is to consider it . . . I have to admit he got the right people to work on it.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I skeptical until till it's release. That's really all you can be.

I like Seth Green but there's no denying he's done some shit. And personally I think it's time to let Star Wars go. The prequels have done enough damage to last a life time.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Shepard: Don't screw this up, Joker.
Joker: Trust me, Commander, I got this. EDI, set a course for Lucasfilm Studios.

DMonkey

Nov 29, 2009
Glad to see I'm not the only person on the planet that is sick to death of the star wars and its fanwagon...
Was starting to feel kinda lonely here.
A sitcom? Why? Isn't TV shit enough with other bland novelty sitcoms?
Is it just going to be about Darth Vader and Yoda playing roommates in a scifi version of the odd couple?
I thought the star wars monopoly game was hitting the bottom of the barrel of unneeded tie ins to a decent trilogy about space ships and magic, but the series already annoying fans have finally out dweebed trekkies and their klingon weddings... good going "jedi knights".

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I want the star wars soap opera

Admiral: Now you tell me that the child isn?t mine? After I have been diagnosed with a rare tropical disease?

Female aliens 1: The child belongs to your brother, he loves me more *tears*

Next week see if darth vader comes out of Acoma.

I have little faith in this project.

Hubilub said:
thenumberthirteen said:
God damn it. An official sitcom? People have made money making some brilliant Star Wars parodies and jokes from Spaceballs, to Family Guy, to Chad Vader.

Now Lucas is whoring out the franchise as a kiddie cartoon show and a comedy. Star Wars is dead to me now. You know I wasn't really on board with all this George Lucas hate. I mean a guy has every right to make money and he is a creative guy. This is too far. Damn you George Lucas and damn all those movie executives. The Sarlacc pit is too damn good for them.
The hate is swelling in you now. Give in to your anger. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.
So this is a scheme to get us to go to the dark side?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure Seth Green is ALWAYS on drugs. He can't carry a normal conversation without sounding like a crack addict.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
ultimaavalon said:
T-Bone24 said:
"Luke, don't slam the door like that!"

"Sorry, Han, I guess I used the Force!"

*laugh track*
No no no, that was 80's/early 90's sitcoms. You forgot to account that it's 2010.

*Luke slams door*

*Laugh track*

Han: Luke *laugh track* Don't slam the door like that! *laugh track*

Luke: Sorry Han. *Laugh track* I guess I used The Force *wild laughter track followed by applause*
you know there probly going to do that for the first one just for a gag

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Robot Chicken specials were hilarious; Admiral Akbar promoting his own brand of cereal and Palpatine's reaction when Vader tells him the Death Star has been destroyed.