Robot Chicken Creators: Star Wars Sitcom Will Be "Awesome"

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Jandau said:
Wait, what? A Star Wars sitcom? How in the name of ever-loving-nine-hells is THAT supposed to work? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good sitcom, but we're talking about STAR WARS here. What's next? A Warhammer 40k romantic comedy?
Oh my god. Make one about gay space marines. I would watch it.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Edit=accidental double post, my first post didn't appear for some reason so I tried reposting.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Joker, what are you doing? Who's piloting the Normandy?!
I can make up for the slacking of several human pilots, Commander.

That was a joke.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
DMonkey said:
A sitcom? Why? Isn't TV shit enough with other bland novelty sitcoms?
Is it just going to be about Darth Vader and Yoda playing roommates in a scifi version of the odd couple?
"Honey, home I am!"
"*breaths* You are late for dinner. *breaths* I find your lack of date disturbing. *breaths*"

This could work... as another Robot Chicken scetch, clearly not as a Sci-Fi sitcom. I won't blame them, but this is probably going to be a disaster. I am astonished no crazy fan has shot GL yet for his shameless exploitation of his creation...

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
I love Star Wars. I love it to pieces, far beyond what could possibly be conceived as healthy. I've watched every movie probably dozens of times and regularly consume every derivative I can find. Currently I watch every episode of "The Clone Wars" despite finding it painfully average just because it's Star Wars (and because of Rex, but that's a different issue).

But THIS? I realise I shouldn't judge something that hasn't even been completed yet (except for Portal 2, but that has a 120 percent probability of being awesome), however I don't find any conceivable way this could possibly end well. Sitcoms are too often terrible for me to think so.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
I trust Seth Green. I think this sitcom's gonna suck, but Seth will be no worse for it in my opinion. Robot Chicken is awesome, and Joker's one of my favorite fictional characters.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Perhaps Lucas Arts should just produce 'beat-me-up-dummies' of George Lucas, they'll sell like cakes.

whose selling the cakes anyway?

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
I'm a fan of his work as Joker, but really? Are you sure this isn't some sort of bad april fools' joke?

This reminds me of the conclusion I came upon after Knights of the Old Republic: Lucas' greatest contribution to the Star Wars franchise started and ended with the original trilogy. Anything after that, others have done better.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If there is even the smallest remote possibility of it being good Seth will find a way.

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Completely off-topic but I have to ask anyway: is there any reason why Mike Thompson is tagged twice in more or less everything Mike Thompson posts? Mike Thompson?

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
SteinFaust said:
*sigh* robot chicken already IS a Star Wars sitcom. how many times can the same group of guys fap to the same damn series of movies?
Well that was a bold statement.

Har har har!

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Seth Green is awesome. If he says the sitcom will be awesome then I take his word for it.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Jandau said:
What's next? A Warhammer 40k romantic comedy?
That would be completely different, because that would be fucking awesome.

95% of the jokes in a Star Wars sitcom write themselves. That's a bad thing. I can't laugh at a show that trades almost entirely in tired franchise cliches and internet memes, and that is almost assuredly what this show will do.