Robot Chicken Creators: Star Wars Sitcom Will Be "Awesome"

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
I'm looking forward to this. I've loved Seth Green in everything I've seen him in, and I love Robot Chicken, and Star Wars even more. Except those other films which I do not mention. I hate you now Mr Lucas.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Jandau said:
What's next? A Warhammer 40k romantic comedy?
Have you been spying on my paperwork?

OT: I think with all the Robot Chicken and Family Guy specials no more humour can be squeezed out of the franchise now...it's just going to be embrassing.

steverivers

Jun 7, 2010
I think the reason the Robot Chicken specials were....well... special, are the exact same reasons this will fail.

The fact is, Robot Chicken was a one off. And picked out some of the funniest ideas you could possibly do to rib the Star Wars franchise.

Going back to the well will be them thinking up B-level ideas that werent as good or as funny as the stuff they thought up for Robot Chicken.

The reason it was funny, was because it was standalone on their own distilled funny.

A sitcom about Star Wars means the Jar Jar and poodoo jokes will wear thin 2 episodes in.

An entire series? It'll dry up pretty quickly.

Good ol' George, though. Showing capitalist americans just how much the free market society they created can ruin something really good by whoring it for a lifetime!

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I just can't see this working. At all. It's possible that this is a good thing, a fresh of breath air, a creative force from beyond the pale that will blow us all away in it's awesomeness simply because we otherwise couldn't have imagined it. It's possible.

Somehow, I don't think so. You can have parody, or you can have drama. A comedy will simply destroy all the epicness that attracted the fans in the first place. How much can a chopped-off appendage matter when it's followed by a "Mostly 'Armless" gag?

Now, Star Wars and humor are not incompatible. Han Solo cracked jokes, HK-47 was awesome, as were other characters from KotOR. But the humor was dark, a reflection of the dark and difficult times the characters were facing. HK-47's gags revolved around assassination, for crying out loud. I'd like to see a sitcom match that.