...Robot hooker's-what's the world coming to

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
It was inevitable and a good thing too.

Not every guy is blessed with the looks or the skills to get women and its probably better to relieve these frustrations through a robotic substitute rather than it manifesting in a darker way.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
NO, DAMMIT. NO, NO, NO! Dammit!

This is like... an advanced pet peeve for me. No, more of a burning hatred. Inability to have sex is what spawned the survival instinct called THOUGHT. It was the only way physically weak men could compete against physical powerhouses that were their competition. Little did they know it would be the beginning of the first sentient beings on planet Earth. But this... this thing undermines all that. If we could have sex whenever we wanted to, things like ambition could become things of the past! Why bother, the future man thinks, when I've got Andy?

Of course, having found more information (OP, you might want to see if you can find a better link, with pictures of it), I find that Andy is a robot the same way a Furby is. It's a soundbox and a keyboard (in the shape of a hoo-hoo) under a plastic skin. That doesn't change the fact that this is the beginning of the end. Maybe I'm overreacting... we'll see in about 10 years.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Interesting, well I don't see the issue, it's no more creepy than those inflatable things, or other toys. Not much else to say about it. The beginning of the end? I doubt it, but then a decent robot whore is probably better value than the real version.

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
I've always subscribed the theory that people who have sex with Real Dolls (and by extension, these new robots) had no chance of procreating anyway, so its not loss to the gene pool. No one has EVER thought sex with an inanimate object would ever be a good idea if there was any hope of sleeping with a human being, ever again.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Mana Fiend said:
I'm sorry, but they called it Andy? Surely, surely you'd give it a female name?
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Not only are we having sex with robots but a gay robot?

I know that a person's sexual orientation shouldn't be a problem but it's just too soon (maybe after a couple of generations of hetrosexual robots they could introduce 'specilist models'?).

leirbag

Mar 24, 2008
Personally, I'd have sex with a robot in the future. And by "robot" I mean a Blade Runner replicant kind of robot. I see no problem with it.

Nils

May 2, 2009
In the future, we are not going to be having sex with robots. Robots will be having sex with us.

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
4K on a sex robot...

OR!!

4K on several personal trainers and life-time gym membership combined with protien shakes and several months of your life... ANDDDD BAM!! MASSIVE BEAST OF A MAN... that could get anyone!

...I would choose the robot... =D

That or just many normal hookers!

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
It looks like a robot from I robot... only sexier. IM GETTIN ONE! Wait. Just researched it... shit.

OH GOD! ITS LIKE THE SEX SCENE FROM TEAM AMERICA!!!!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Mana Fiend said:
its a reference to some sci fi writer (i think it was Issac Assimov)

and the name of the company is another reference

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mana Fiend said:
When refering to a female, Andy usually is short for Andrea.

[small]At least that was the case with Foxtrot[/small]

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
.... I suppose they though a name sounding like "android" was a good idea. Now, in greek "androiedes" means "manlike". "Gynroiedes" would mean "womanlike", so "Ginny" would have been alot more fitting.

I'm not surprised at all, maybe that someone attempted it so soon; but hell, people buy inflatable rubber toys shaped vaguely like humans!

I thought the OP used the phrase "Robot Hookers" as an expletive and I'm a bit disappointed it didn't.

That would've been the best darn expletive I've ever heard.

"Robot Hookers! That was cool!"

EDIT: I just checked out the website and they've made some quite real-looking dolls ... NOT worksafe for sure! But nothing close to an actual android.