...Robot hooker's-what's the world coming to

Aunel

May 9, 2008
Mana Fiend said:
I'm sorry, but they called it Andy? Surely, surely you'd give it a female name?
ditto

yeah why name it "andy" I would name it
erotobot 3000

and yes, it is extremely creepy.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Mana Fiend said:
I'm sorry, but they called it Andy? Surely, surely you'd give it a female name?
That's what I thought. Completely aside from the fact that it's a robot, I wouldn't feel too comfortable having sex with something called 'Andy'.

If you can afford it, why not, by the way? I bet it beats manual labour.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Eh, I am neutral. Think about it, I'm not going to need one and a fair number of you aren't going to need one. So why worry? It is basically just another video game that none of us have interest in. If it has the side effect of culling part of humanity, I think Earth would call that a win. XD

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It's basically a glorified sex doll that looks like a Gynoid. Not really a robot.

... and here I thought Chaykin's "City Of Tomorrow" was becoming a reality.

No Ash Wednesday for me. :(

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I always knew the breakthrough in robotic humaniods would come from the sex industry.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
archvile93 said:
If they makes one that looks and feels completely lifelike, is capable of advanced fluid movements, and thinks like a human being then I'd buy one. Unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure one like that is a bit beyond my life span, let alone the years I'll want sex.
Truthfully I think we're probably going to see some kind of mental stimulation technology before that.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
SteveBurger said:
I can't wait until they're downloadable! I want my Lucy Liu-bot!
fururama reference to the internet episode
cooookie please XD

OT: erm it wont pick up lol well not until they look more realistic, and even then people who go to hockers will look down at those who go to robot hookers.

Ari Ace

Sep 1, 2009
You guys are talking about the end of the human race like it's a bad thing!? Òó
Anyway, this reminds me of a scene in Animatrix with a "Hooker" android being beaten to trash by humans. This is just another step in that direction, lets hope we waste all our planetary resources before some ugly, sad, lonely, horny, pathetic excuse for a scientist makes these things walk and communicate.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
I would've loved to know the testing they had to go through to get the kinks out.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
almightywabbit said:
Jaythulhu said:
Unless it's capable of transforming into something useful, say like a tv or toaster.

On second thought, not a toaster.
Ahh touché good sir, but why would you have a toaster in your room? Perhaps a Computer with a hole in it? :D
I... uhm... err... really like toast?

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
PrototypeC said:
NO, DAMMIT. NO, NO, NO! Dammit!

This is like... an advanced pet peeve for me. No, more of a burning hatred. Inability to have sex is what spawned the survival instinct called THOUGHT. It was the only way physically weak men could compete against physical powerhouses that were their competition. Little did they know it would be the beginning of the first sentient beings on planet Earth. But this... this thing undermines all that. If we could have sex whenever we wanted to, things like ambition could become things of the past! Why bother, the future man thinks, when I've got Andy?

Of course, having found more information (OP, you might want to see if you can find a better link, with pictures of it), I find that Andy is a robot the same way a Furby is. It's a soundbox and a keyboard (in the shape of a hoo-hoo) under a plastic skin. That doesn't change the fact that this is the beginning of the end. Maybe I'm overreacting... we'll see in about 10 years.
Having sex with an object is probably no more satisfying in the end then masturbation, actually that is pretty much what it is.... only fancier. No matter how flashy your wanking is it will never compare to the actual thing with another person, as in there's more to in then just the physical pleasure of it. People are still going to seek out companionship with another.

In other words, calm the fuck down. It'll be aight.