Rock Band 3 Will Have Pro Modes and Real Guitars

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Is this real info. Is this just rumor mill. Sounds like a load from, some nerd with some time to kill. Open your eyes, consider the marketability and seeeee. This is all bullcrap, it's just not happening-cause its hard to make-hard to play-few would buy, suggested game...

In all seriousness it sounds cool but come on, when development costs goes up as market appeal goes down it doesn't look like a game that would really happen. Granted it would be the first entry since Rock Band to justify its existence(if you prefer the other franchise fine but lets admit that both have since released 60 dollar versions of what should have just been more DLC songs).

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
Oh dear, wouldn't it be a much easier to learn an instrument at this point?

I am a fan of the series but see this new realism to be rather stupid
Wouldn't it be better to learn an instrument at ANY point?

I never got the point of these games. They're nothing but glorified "Simon says" games with fireworks. Maybe now they'll be something worth looking at... Maybe.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Great, now the Guitar Hero/Rock Band douchebags can brag about their skills. And I'm getting more competition.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Master_Spartan117666 said:
Cheesebob said:
I want some more Radiohead in there. I will then be happy
Give me some Karma Police, and I would like that a LOT!

But it depends.
If my brother and his mates can still look like complete drunkarses and play this without breaking the good version of the guitars, then I might buy it.
Mind you, Bohemian Rhapsody is piquing my interest.

I just hope it doesn't take a bloody year to get to Australia.
YES. AWESOME.

Or Just, that sounds like a very complicated song to play on Rock Band and in general

RobThePrezodent

Oct 2, 2009
finally, achieving grade 8 electric guitar will be of some use to me in the real world :p i only really play rock band drums though, i find the other instruments boring

Polyg0n

Jul 16, 2009
It seems to me that they are going to far with this. 7 people? hell ye... oh wait, my living room can comfortably fit maybe 3 or 4 people playing at the same time and where the hell am I supposed to store all that equipment? But I guess I won`t have to worry about that as it will most probably be so expensive that I can only dream of buying it and I believe many of us will have the same problem.

It also sounds that learning curve might be pretty deep and that it will be very difficult to master this game, which takes off some of it`s appeal as a party game. Some people who actually play instruments might enjoy this, but even they`d be better off just playing the real ones.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Well, the Hard mode looks actually... decent. At least for the piano, didn't see the guitar version.

However, at this point it's so close to playing the real thing, so... why pay more? I mean, the new controller will probably cost as much or more than a beginner's acoustic or acoustic/electric guitar.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Caliostro said:
The Rockerfly said:
Oh dear, wouldn't it be a much easier to learn an instrument at this point?

I am a fan of the series but see this new realism to be rather stupid
Wouldn't it be better to learn an instrument at ANY point?

I never got the point of these games. They're nothing but glorified "Simon says" games with fireworks. Maybe now they'll be something worth looking at... Maybe.
Well I say it now because it used to be about having your friends over for some party fun, which I can see the purpose of
However going for a gritty realistic version is just stupid that's not why people play the series, that's avoiding the main market that the series interests

I dunno maybe with the failure of band hero they want something more serious

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Real guitars? Real keyboards? Bohemian Rhapsody? I'M SOLD! The extra symbols is a nice touch on the drums, me being a drummer and all. Know we just need a high hat that can actually be raised, and a crash and a ride symbol.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Keyboard = Idiotic when you can just, I dont know, play a fucking keyboard! They cost less than the game!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
It also has Bohemian Rhapsody [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5VpclLWsfM#t=2m05s] in it
I will now go to GameStop to preorder this game while laughing like a demented madman.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
Hmm... I am... conflicted. On the one hand Rock Band is awesome, and it'd be cool to be actually learning real guitar while I play it. On the other hand I already have seven plastic guitars and two plastic drum sets. This is getting more than just a little bit ridiculous.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
My only problem is the keyboard looks a bit small, though it may just be the angle on the video.

This will be a guarenteed purchase for me if they do 3 things:

Make it so you can buy just cymbals to add to the original drum kit.
Add the Keyboard line to Baba O'Reilly
Add Dont Stop Me Now to the playlist.

Apr 29, 2010
Riobux said:
I was worried when I first heard the keyboard was going to be included since it depended how much keys it would have. However, I think I'm satisfied with the amount of keys there are. I think once I heard more about the "real guitar" thing, I'll be deciding between "I may get it..." and "Preorder!".

However, I'm also interested in the release date. If it goes to hell like Rock Band did, I'll be mad.

Edit: It also depends on price. Not in the mood to pay £150 for Rock Band stuff.
I'm sure you can just buy the game itself, if you already have some instruments.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
superbatranger said:
I'm sure you can just buy the game itself, if you already have some instruments.
Oh I do, but the pro-guitar and the keyboard stuff would need to be bought.