Rock Band 3 Will Have Pro Modes and Real Guitars

Apr 29, 2010
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
I'm sure you can just buy the game itself, if you already have some instruments.
Oh I do, but the pro-guitar and the keyboard stuff would need to be bought.
They would? No, they don't. I'm pretty sure they're optional.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
I'm sure you can just buy the game itself, if you already have some instruments.
Think he means that he really wants to do the pro-guitar stuff, and they keyboard'll need to be gotten at some point, just to complete the set. Perhaps the guitar pro mode will work in the same way some other game works, where it listens to the note you played, I can't remember what it was called, but it had tabs in it, and could tell when you played the right thing on a real guitar, and you could plug any guitar you wanted in.

Edgehopper

Jan 9, 2008
Plinglebob said:
This will be a guarenteed purchase for me if they do 3 things:

Make it so you can buy just cymbals to add to the original drum kit.
Add the Keyboard line to Baba O'Reilly
Add Dont Stop Me Now to the playlist.
The first will be done; you can already buy cymbals (but they have to be added to the RB2 drum kit, not the RB1 kit).

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
elvor0 said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Think he means that he really wants to do the pro-guitar stuff, and they keyboard'll need to be gotten at some point, just to complete the set.
Beat me to the draw.

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Sounds great, but i'm not truly satisfied until they announce that you can play "Keeper of the Seven Keys".

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
Plugging a real guitar in would be badass. My Firebird can never see enough action! Although at the moment, it's wishful thinking at its finest.
You'd have to be a real fucking pro on guitar though, to be able to play notes as they come towards you with trauma inducing velocity. And I want to play my own solos.. Can we have that?

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
YES! OMG! OMG! OMG! YES!

I am so getting this.

LOOKS AMAZING! Especially with the 1000 songs already available.

Apr 29, 2010
Riobux said:
elvor0 said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Think he means that he really wants to do the pro-guitar stuff, and they keyboard'll need to be gotten at some point, just to complete the set.
Beat me to the draw.
Oh, I get it now. Well, you could get the keyboard and the pro-guitars at a later time.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
elvor0 said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Beat me to the draw.
Oh, I get it now. Well, you could get the keyboard and the pro-guitars at a later time.
That I could. I'm not so much focusing on the total price, but rather individual prices (e.g. I wouldn't exactly enjoy paying £50 for the keyboard and another £50 for the pro-guitar).

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
elvor0 said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Beat me to the draw.
That I could. I'm not so much focusing on the total price, but rather individual prices (e.g. I wouldn't exactly enjoy paying £50 for the keyboard and another £50 for the pro-guitar).
From what I saw on another site, the keyboard is gonna run $79.99 USD standalone or $129.99 bundled with RB3, and the Madcatz Mustang ( the fake pro guitar with 100+ buttons and 6 strumming strings instead of full strings) will cost $149.99 alone. The REAL guitar hasn't been priced yet... But will probably cost more, since it is a REAL guitar with sensors under the fretboard.

Also, if you already own a MIDI Keyboard or drumset (maybe guitar too, idk) you can buy an adapter to let you use those in RB3 for $39.99 USD.

Damn, this game is gonna hurt my wallet...

Source: http://www.plasticaxe.com/2010/06/11/rock-band-3-the-peripherals/

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
elvor0 said:
superbatranger said:
Riobux said:
superbatranger said:
Beat me to the draw.
From what I saw on another site, the keyboard is gonna run $79.99 USD standalone or $129.99 bundled with RB3, and the Madcatz Mustang ( the fake pro guitar with 100+ buttons and 6 strumming strings instead of full strings) will cost $149.99 alone. The REAL guitar hasn't been priced yet... But will probably cost more, since it is a REAL guitar with sensors under the fretboard.

Also, if you already own a MIDI Keyboard or drumset (maybe guitar too, idk) you can buy an adapter to let you use those in RB3 for $39.99 USD.

Damn, this game is gonna hurt my wallet...

Source: http://www.plasticaxe.com/2010/06/11/rock-band-3-the-peripherals/
Wow, those are REALLY nasty prices. I think I'd be okay with the keyboard up to £60, because it is pretty awesome. However, I don't think I'll be paying over £100 for a guitar. It's just unreasonable. Especially since I already own a real guitar anyway, but need to buy another one just so I can play the pro option thing.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
For those complaining that the realism is too much, you guys are aware that the Pro-mode isn't the whole of the game? RB 3's still going to have the Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert normal mode's as well for those who don't want to learn to play an instrument and enjoy their 5 buttony goodness. This way those who don't want to drop buttloads of money on the new controllers can still jam on last years Strat's and Hofners.

All the edutainment of Rise of the Six String, all the awesome of the traditional RB. It's a Win-Win for all us music gamers.