Rockstar: Only "Terrible Parents" Buy Our Games for Their Kids

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
finally someone has the balls to put parents in their fucking place. TVs dont need parental control v chip either. Know what you kid is watching and teach him right from wrong you useless dolt. God, if my parents were as stupid and ignorant as some the parents these days....*shudders*

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well someone had to say it.
I always have to laugh when I hear about groups that are against violent video games because of their effect on kids and shit, because it's no secret that these games aren't intended for kids anyway.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Goddammit! I'm getting really tired of all these people saying these games are bad for kids. I mean, if you have nothing to do with the industry, you shouldn't b- wait, who said that? *Reads title*
Wha... um... I... I don't...
*Head explodes*

OT: Well, I guess violent video games could be bad for little kids, but overall I don't think they are.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Damn rights, you tell 'em Laz, if you're too lazy to check the damn age rating or simply not give a toss about it when you're buying your kid a game, you're a bloody moron, not necessarily a 'terrible parent,' but a bloody moron at the very least.

In my opinion, anyone that disagrees is simply put, a lazy dick that doesn't want to have to be fucking responsible for what their kids play, because lord knows having to be actually involved in what your kids do would be totally terrible, get off your lazy asses and look after your kids, you goddamn tossers.

[sub][sub][sub](And when are you releasing the next damn episode Lazlow? I NEED MAH ROMANTIC MOMENTS FIX! AGH I miss Big Wayne!)[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I played the original GTA and London at a younger age then perhaps was necessary, but thankfully I'm quite grounded in reality.

But it wasn't my parents fault, no no, that blame rests on the shoulders of my older brother.

But yeah anyway, mad props to Rockstar for pulling out their gigantic, rated M for mature Cojones and slapping them about the faces of stupid, inattentive parents everywhere.

Mad, mad props...

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
As a soon-to-be parent, I applaud Rockstar.

I am not personally a fan of their games, and I certainly wouldn't be buying these games for my children until they were old enough to buy it themselves, but I am glad they are standing up for themselves.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Parents have nothing to do with stuff like that.

If you're worried your kid might get influenced badly by a game, you should simply teach them to be competent enough to not get the wrong idea about a game.

Know what I mean?

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I dunnon, I'm 15 and have got Red Dead. I have the utmost respect for my parents. Maybe I will develop be an angry, socially retarded and emotionally scarred individual as a result. Who knows.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Terrible parents maybe, but at least profitable ones.

I'd take good gameplay over adult content anyday though. I wish GTA4 put more effort into it's driving and shooting mechanics than making the controller buzz when the guy was getting a lapdance, or counting minutes spent in the cabaret or bowling alley toward the chances of the main character getting laid. The core game wasn't great and the side games were pretty sad, all under the name of delivering an "adult" experience.

hansari

May 31, 2009
How much money you think they would lose if their consumer base was strictly 16+?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Oh boy, was that a recorded conversation? I'd LOVE to hear that, the ACTUAL Lazlow telling Parents not to buy GTA or Dance Dance Redemption for their kids in a radio interview (I'd Imagine).

That is SOOOO meta.

FATcharlie333

May 15, 2010
Getting a game like GTA4 for your kid just to shut them up, or because every other parent is getting it for their kid, or because you are just too focused on whatever tv screen YOU are watching to care, is disturbing. Not only does it show that the kid is in complete control of the parent, but the parent obviously doesn't care and would let the child do ANYTHING so long as the parent got whatever fix they are fixated on. For example, instead of complaining that your work day was hard and spending two hours telling this over and over to your whole family, why not take an interest in your child and what your child is doing with his or her life. You can watch Gunsmoke when you are retired, you can't watch your kid excel in life when your kid is now your grown up space case or lazy person.

MrJohnson

May 13, 2009
My favorite song to listen and sing along to when I was a child was Another One Bites the dust, and I didn't turn into a homosexual serial killer so my parents figured I was mature and enough connected to reality to play violent games.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
Well, they're only terrible if they buy the game, then ***** about it later. If the parents are perfectly fine with their children playing these kinds of games, they can do whatever the hell they want.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Anyone who says GTA is an evil game (series) should look at this. No, they aren't trying to corrupt your children; you're just making it happen.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Arisato-kun said:
That's truly a great statement. It's about time they started telling off parents that pull this kind of crap.Now Rockstar's covered if any dumb parents try to sue them again.
This is bs because it is a blanket statement. Age is just a number and has absolutely nothing to do with maturity, if your kids are mature enough to handle it, go right ahead, if not don't. It's up to the parent to know thier children. I played GTA vice city when I was like 12, I never decided it was a good idea to run over pedestrians or sell drugs. The world needs to stop saying things like this because it translates into: your not responsible for your actions, your entertainment is. I have the same problem with people trying to ban cigarettes from movies. Many people in my family smoke, IT IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING YOU CAN DO TO YOURSELF SHORT OF SUICIDE. That said, YOU decide weather to smoke or not, your favorite actor doesn't, if your such a twat that you have to smoke because you saw it in a movie when you were 12, you deserve a darwin award. Society needs to stop saying that you're responsible for your own choices and then proving itself wrong. Either we are, or we aren't, make up our dang minds.