Roseanne cancelled

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
At least there's Tim Allen's show, right?
Really?

Oh wow there actually is.

All this makes me realize (with the exception of HBO) just how bad all pre-netflix TV really was. I tried watching Seinfeld the other day and just had to turn it off ten minutes in. Dear God sitcoms are awful.

*edit* I should say "nearly all" speaking as a die-hard Simpsons fan

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
jademunky said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Really?

All this makes me realize (with the exception of HBO) just how bad all pre-netflix TV really was. I tried watching Seinfeld the other day and just had to turn it off ten minutes in. Dear God sitcoms are awful.
Sitcoms are terrible! My SO tried to get me to watch One Day at a Time and good lord was it bad! Like the comedy was just terrible and the situations cringeworthy!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
jademunky said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Really?

Which is all the more funny when you consider the fact that his show was canned and they brought it back. So, here's hoping he doesn't go on a racist tirade!

Also yes, sitcoms are terrible and they are just so paint by the numbers. I can't remember the last one I watched since it's been so long since the last time I watched anything on TV.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
jademunky said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Really?

Which is all the more funny when you consider the fact that his show was canned and they brought it back. So, here's hoping he doesn't go on a racist tirade!

Also yes, sitcoms are terrible and they are just so paint by the numbers. I can't remember the last one I watched since it's been so long since the last time I watched anything on TV.
Tim Allen is a right-winger and his last show was very popular among right-wingers.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
jademunky said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... ahem.

I feel bad for John Goodman on this one. He was always way too talented for that drek and I was a little disappointed in him that he agreed to go back to it. Hope they cut him a big paycheque.
I am disappointed in everyone who associated with her, particularly Sara Gilbert.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Silentpony said:
Sitcoms are terrible! My SO tried to get me to watch One Day at a Time and good lord was it bad! Like the comedy was just terrible and the situations cringeworthy!
Yeah, I saw the banner ad for that show. It kinda reminded me of a non-self-aware version of a scene from that "Too many cooks" video.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'd never even heard of Rosanne until recently, but this seems like overkill.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
jademunky said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Really?

*edit* I should say "nearly all" speaking as a die-hard Simpsons fan
Seinfeld has always been trash though.

Another for the bag of "non-bad shows" would be Frasier, it was and still is pretty good, although some of the hairdos in the earlier seasons are a bit dated.

Hadn't seen the new Roseanne show yet and guess there's little reason to go back and watch it now... Too bad, tv could have used some more Sarah Chalke.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Saelune said:
jademunky said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... ahem.

I feel bad for John Goodman on this one. He was always way too talented for that drek and I was a little disappointed in him that he agreed to go back to it. Hope they cut him a big paycheque.
I am disappointed in everyone who associated with her, particularly Sara Gilbert.
Yeah her too, she seems like a good egg.

Golden severence cheques for all!

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
bluegate said:
Another for the bag of "non-bad shows" would be Frasier, it was and still is pretty good, although some of the hairdos in the earlier seasons are a bit dated.
The ending scene from that "outlaw laser robo geek" episode did genuinely make me cry a little.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Saelune said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
jademunky said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Really?

Tim Allen is a right-winger and his last show was very popular among right-wingers.
Politically this is true, but I don?t get the impression of the man that he?s also a raving mad bastard who hates black or trans-people. I mean, he?s been at the bottom rung since he did time in federal prison for cocaine dealing.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Iditioic. Those two tweets are not racist. Stop watering down words and use them to punish wrong-think.
Both are against Fascism and Nazism. Abhorrent and repressive ideologies like the terrorist organization the muslim brotherhood and the violent ACTUAL bigoted hate against humans in Planet of the Apes.
Also, George Soros did betray his own people to the Nazis..

But if those are values.."Core Values".. that people champion and defend today..well..Now I'm really feeling depressed.

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
As one of those filthy conservatives, I can't say I give much of a shit. Never watched the original show, always seemed like a couch-full of middle-aged fat folk sitting around being uninteresting. What stands out to me is how an entire cast and production crew is going to get canned over the shitty judgment of just one actress. A real shame for all involved.

Can't wait to feel the backlash from this, the leftist media threw a collective shit fit when they announced Time Allen's show was coming back.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Iditioic. Those two tweets are not racist. Stop watering down words and use them to punish wrong-think.
Both are against Fascism and Nazism. Abhorrent and repressive ideologies like the terrorist organization the muslim brotherhood and the violent ACTUAL bigoted hate against humans in Planet of the Apes.
Also, George Soros did betray his own people to the Nazis..

But if those are values.."Core Values".. that people champion and defend today..well..Now I'm really feeling depressed.
Its kind of hard to argue the ape part wasn't a refenece to Valerie being black when in her half-assed apology Roseanna apologized for refering to her looks as ape-like.
when Roseanna is breaking down the insults, explaining what she meant with this and that its pretty easy to see it for what it is.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Just Ebola said:
the leftist media threw a collective shit fit when they announced Time Allen's show was coming back.
So much so that I had no idea that it had existed for 6 seasons until this thread just now.

Ender910_v1legacy

Oct 22, 2009
jademunky said:
Your ignorance is most amusing. Please, do continue.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh no, whatever you do, don't cancel Bill Maher. Leftists would hate* that.

*There isn't enough sarcasm in the world.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
altnameJag said:
Oh no, whatever you do, don't cancel Bill Maher. Leftists would hate* that.
Um, wouldn't they? Bill Maher is left leaning.