Rumor: 360 Successor's GPU and Release Date Detailed

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
vrbtny said:
To quote Jeremy Clarkson "POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously though, it's good to see at least a half-decent GPU lined up for the next 360. Radeon cards aren't my strongpoint, however, they just have such a screwed up numbering system.

Even more screwed up that Nvidia's, and that's saying something.
just think of it somewhere between a 540and a 560 gtx :)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Dexter111 said:
Wait, did you just laud people being a "stupid" consumer?
"Hurrdurr goan buy next consoel anyway, don't care!"

And the ones wanting to buy their kids a computer and getting them one of these things because they don't know the difference?

It matters for every single development studio in what they can do with the thing, and it matters for every single consumer in what they can get out of the thing. And those "hardware geeks" (e.g. people that know what the fuck they are talking about and know how to program for a specific target hardware) are the people making your games.
Here for instance you see an NVIDIA engineer discussing "graphics stuff": http://timothylottes.blogspot.com/2012/01/games-vs-film.html with Prey 2 graphics programmer Brian Karis and DICEs rendering architect Johan Anderson.

I kinda feel sorry for you now...
1. You ignored my comment about developers entirely. I mentioned them twice because I know its important to them even if its not really significant to customers.

2. Developers are not my issue here because the majority of the Escapist is not made of developers its made of people who are going to argue each other blue int he face over weather this is a good card even if in the long run it doesn't mean shit since they will never develop for it and the graphics that get produced will be beyond there ability to alter.

3. If the customer is so concerned over graphics card they shouldn't buy a consoles, they should buy a PC. the customer can't go screwing around with he hardware of a console, they can only take the thing as is. (or crack it open and make a custom system out of it but good luck trying to play games on it after that).

4. My issue here is all the dick wavers that will say that this graphics card sucks and the console sucks and will use this stupidity as a brand new console war or PC vs. console bullshit. That's all these sorts of announcements ever seem to do. Nobody cares. The graphics card will be dated 6 months after the console's launch no matter how good it is and in the long run it doesn't matter because the better optimization of a console ensures that even then the graphics quality will still be pretty close. Not to mention how stupidly small advances in graphics are becoming and the stupid focus on them.