Rumor: Bethesda Teases Next Fallout With New Website - UPDATED

Giralin

Sep 2, 2010
there's a a count down now at 26 days 24 hours 36 minutes and some odd seconds at the time of posting this lines up with the December 11th announcement guess perfectly

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
The site source code offers no hints one way or another, although the morse code sound file is named "bridgeport," which may carry some significance.
Wait wut?

There's a freaking css file named: fallout.css

http://thesurvivor2299.com/fallout.css

There's a comment in the html saying:

There's another comment saying:

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I really hope this isn't a hoax and it's set in London or elsewhere in England, fingers crossed!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I'm crossing my fingers for this to be real. I've been itching for another Fallout sequel for awhile now.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Bridgeport? The only Bridgeport I know is Connecticut. Fallout 4 in connecticut? YES PLEASE. We never get enough love in anything!

Please love us.

OT: This is pretty damn cool, as long as its no hoax.

Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Sorry, but /v/ already killed this one.

The domain is registered to a guy in Russia. That, combined with the GoDaddy thing the article mentioned is pretty damning evidence that this is a hoax.
I'd believe it, except its /v/.

I'd rather trust German propaganda circa 1943 rather than trust /v/

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
JoJo said:
I really hope this isn't a hoax and it's set in London or elsewhere in England, fingers crossed!
Sorry this would suck. The Fallout verse is set squarely in north America, it's entire atmosphere is geared that way. I mean it's like if there was a 'Leave it to beaver' season 5 was set in europe, the change of setting would completely undermine the entire premise of the series. Fallout setting just isn't interesting outside Canada and the U.S.. Because the idealization of America is irrelevant outside the US/Canada, where you know, other cultures have different ideals. It's just a waste/exploitation of the fallout brand name.

Aug 1, 2010
Saviordd1 said:
Bridgeport? The only Bridgeport I know is Connecticut. Fallout 4 in connecticut? YES PLEASE. We never get enough love in anything!

Please love us.

OT: This is pretty damn cool, as long as its no hoax.

Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Sorry, but /v/ already killed this one.

The domain is registered to a guy in Russia. That, combined with the GoDaddy thing the article mentioned is pretty damning evidence that this is a hoax.
I'd believe it, except its /v/.

I'd rather trust German propaganda circa 1943 rather than trust /v/
Evidence is evidence and the links were there. They can be incredibly reliable sources if you can sift through the bullshit.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Scorpid said:
JoJo said:
Sorry this would suck. The Fallout verse is set squarely in north America, it's entire atmosphere is geared that way. I mean it's like if there was a 'Leave it to beaver' season 5 was set in europe, the change of setting would completely undermine the entire premise of the series. Fallout setting just isn't interesting outside Canada and the U.S.. Because the idealization of America is irrelevant outside the US/Canada, where you know, other cultures have different ideals. It's just a waste/exploitation of the fallout brand name.
Nah, I disagree. Fifties Americana is a core part of the series but I see no reason why that can't be viewed through the lens of British culture at a similar time, which of course had a great deal of influence from the States. Would it be a change? Undoubtedly yes. I don't see any reason however why it would necessarily be a change for the worse, it would keep the series fresh and it would still have the whole post-apocalyptic survival theme, humour and everything else the series is known for. I'd hardly expect that to be uninteresting.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
trty00 said:
JoJo said:
Scorpid said:
JoJo said:
Nah, I disagree. Fifties Americana is a core part of the series but I see no reason why that can't be viewed through the lens of British culture at a similar time, which of course had a great deal of influence from the States. Would it be a change? Undoubtedly yes. I don't see any reason however why it would necessarily be a change for the worse, it would keep the series fresh and it would still have the whole post-apocalyptic survival theme, humour and everything else the series is known for. I'd hardly expect that to be uninteresting.
This.

While the series is undoubtedly rooted in Americana (similar to GTA), there's no reason it can't be subverted into something new or be viewed from a different perspective. If we don't innovate, we stagnate.
While im ok with it taking place somewhere else, I can't think of attempting to hardcore remake/dedicate the history fallout trys to do with say china or canada without possibly offending someone. I'd be cool with checking out china or even canada though. From what the lore says, china got hit with the same amount of atomic bombs, so it would be interesting

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Everyone's thinking Europe - if this is legit... but has anyone here mentioned that in Canada, we follow the sane way of dating conventions? Day/Month/Year? So it could be Canada. A quick Google tells me there's a Bridgeport in Ontario, but most of the results I get are for a train station in BC, south of Vancouver... so basically right north of Seattle... which the area has been bandied around as a possible setting for Fallout 4.

However, I'm not inclined to believe this is real, either. It'd be nice - very nice - but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edit: The Ontario Bridgeport is apparently near Waterloo, which is quite close to Buffalo.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
JoJo said:
Scorpid said:
JoJo said:
I think it would be very interesting to see a post apocolyptic absurdist version of Pax Britannica but Fallout just isn't suited to bring us that. Fallout isn't even a globe trotting setting, I've always assumed that the rest of world was dead or all but because they didn't have a capitalist based survivalist option like the Vaults. Every single encounter in the Fallout verse with people that survived without the use of Vaults are basically savages (with one notable exception from FO2) and ghouls. So if we went to Britain/Europe (Let's be honest it would be Britain and England more specifically). It wouldn't have much to offer that would fit the world in which the entire series has focused entirely on America since the very beginning to now. This universe isn't Assassins Creed or CoD in which a change of venue could add something really interesting it would just be wasted because it would have to be shoe horned in with the Fallout setting, which is an unnatural marriage so you couldn't do the newest setting justice and you would be wasting the universe of fallout on this.

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
Akichi Daikashima said:
piinyouri said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
A next-gen Fallout title?

OH GOD PLEASE YES.

God knows that the graphics in the recent Fallout games are pretty low-end, a touch up would be nice, or alternatively, a huge expansion of the world, using the same graphics, but using the remaining processor power to deepen the game.
Or better than all that, a new engine to fix the root of all the problems.
I find the combat against the numerous glitches and bugs to be part of the authentic Fallout experience.
So true. I have been playing Fallout since the Pentium III. When people were complaining about Fallout 3 being a failed reboot because of the bugs and glitches, I was all like... that is just a part of the Fallout experience my young friend.

Nostalgic bug: Game crashes because of an explosion from the C4 you covertly place in someones pocket.