Rumor: Bethesda to buy Valve?

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
GOOD. i hope that Bethesda do this, and slap those valve guys for thier lack of love for the ps3.

DBlack

Jul 16, 2009
Hey if bethesda buys valve, and yahtzee loves valve. then through deduction yahtzee has to love oblivion!

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I must say that hope it's not true since studio's that are bought out tend to lose a lot of their personality.
On the other hand with more funding we might see Half-Life episodes more often.

jdnoth

Sep 3, 2008
This is really terrible news. As a small, independent dev team; Valve have access to some of the basic ethical and moral standards that elude megacorps like Zenimax.

If this goes through, I think we can bid farewell to the free updates, maps and weapons that come bundled with Valve games.

I don't think Valve will accept.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Not going to happen.
EA is the primary publisher for valve retail.
which is something considering that EA simply Gobbles up studios that they usually publish games for...

simply said, if EA can't buy out the Valve name, do you really think that ZeniMax could?
further more, do you REALLY think EA would let something as lucritive as Valve games out of their greedy little claws?

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, oh, man, this idea is too funny for words. Oh man...

...Wait. You mean you're serious?

Well, shit.

Matt-Sama

Oct 31, 2009
I like ZeniMax and Bethesda but I feel Valve is completely different company and they're awesome as a single entity. Plus who wants half life 3 in the oblivion engine anyway?

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I swear if this happens and I find a single headhumper in TES:V, someone in that company will die!!!

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
My main problem with this would be Valve not getting credit for games. People think EA made Dead Space. You know, stuff like that. It's simply not true, but people don't realize the difference between developers and publishers a lot of the time. I really want Valve to remain independent. Their my favorite gaming developer company thing! I also don't want people from another company programming with them, at least not on their main titles (half-life, etc).

Anyways, I highly doubt this is true. Here's to hoping.

By the way, I can't see Valve accepting this offer for money reasons. I'm quite sure their not poor in anyway. Especially considering their going to spend 25 mill on advertising for Left 4 Dead.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
scifidownbeat said:
CrystalShadow said:
scifidownbeat said:
Mr.Tea said:
cleverlymadeup said:
so maybe they'll actually develop for more than just m$ systems and give up excuses of "not having the man power" or something equally as bad
You abbreviate Microsoft's name with a dollar sign like they're the only company around that's all about the money...

Hilarious.

Especially when you seem to imply that Sony and Nintendo, of all companies, are better...
They all form a screwed-up family, really. Sony is the jocky older brother, Microsoft is the nerdy middle child, and Nintendo is the little tyke that occasionally attempts to act like the older siblings.

I guess that makes the PC the dad. But who's the mom?

Certainly not Bobby Kotick.
Lol. I like the analogy.

Of course, going on the actual age of the companies, Nintendo is 50 years older than Sony... But, whatever. XD

(Nintendo founded: 1889 ; Sony approx; 1945 ; Microsoft 1975)

In fact, the same thing can be said of their console history - Nintendo: 1985, Sony 1994, Microsoft, 2001.

Still, I know that's not what you meant, is it?
The analogy was related to the demographic their respective consoles seem most-

EIGHTEEN EIGHTY NINE!?!

What?!?
XD.

Yep. That's right. Nintendo is currently in it's 110th year of business.
Granted, they've only been making 'electronic toys' since the 1970's...
(They started with making cards for a japanese card game called 'Hanafuda')
But it puts things in perspective doesn't it?

lolcatize

Oct 6, 2009
that will newer happen why would it its not like valve losing money so yeah that shot os just a rumor

HE Starwind

May 14, 2009
TitsMcGee1804 said:
HE Starwind said:
If Bethesda does buy Valve, I will chew my own ear off.
lol
I really don't see that as an actual post, you should be banned for stupidness, and yes, that is a word. Seriously man, you should at least post something contributing to the original post... I'm drunk and I can do better than you.