Rumor: Gordon Brown Denied Steve Jobs a Knighthood

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
oh no, how ever will Steve Jobs recover from this loss? I guess, hes just gunna have to take his hundreds of million dollars and go back home to his mansion made entirely out of hookers and blow and find someway to go on with his life.

Feb 13, 2008
LightspeedJack said:
Don't you have to be British to recieve a knighthood?
Depends on the honour. Dame Kylie Minogue is an OBE.

I don't believe a word of this, but kudos for Brown if it was him. Jobs doesn't deserve anything until he can make Apple products that you actually own once you buy.

Mar 29, 2008
No one owes Steve Jobs an apology, that guy is the epitome of monopolizing corporate a-holes. His money fisted championing of new heights of proprietary lock down on information systems is a travesty and is blocking whole segments of further development. If he ever gets knighted I swear to all that is holy that I will have a complete freak-out. That's like someone getting knighted because they bought half of the patents on modern medicine and forced a 200% price hike to all the world's sickies. Well, that may be a little hyperbolic, but still.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Whether or not Brown interfered, I say good that Jobs didn't get one. What did he do to deserve being knighted, exactly? He made some trendy devices and made some money off them... That's it. If that's all it takes to get knighted, then there really isn't any honor in it anyway because it's pretty much just a joke. In fact, go ahead and knight him anyway, it's already completely silly if they knighted Bill Gates.

samsonguy920 said:
If I remember right, Bill Gates got his knighthood for his work with his foundation, not because of Microsoft.
Oh. Well if that's the case, ignore my last sentence.

ratman995

Nov 30, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Whether or not Brown interfered, I say good that Jobs didn't get one. What did he do to deserve being knighted, exactly? He made some trendy devices and made some money off them... That's it. If that's all it takes to get knighted, then there really isn't any honor in it anyway because it's pretty much just a joke. In fact, go ahead and knight him anyway, it's already completely silly if they knighted Bill Gates.

samsonguy920 said:
If I remember right, Bill Gates got his knighthood for his work with his foundation, not because of Microsoft.
Oh. Well if that's the case, ignore my last sentence.
You know that he's company has pretty much put us in the digital era, since he made it that most people could afford a windows. I believe without his work to further technology we would still be playing 8 bit games

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
This is clearly a work of fiction. Gordon Brown has never done anything ever.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
HAHA, they just hand those things out. It's not really news that someone didn't get a political/economic appointment, and I would guess not too may people care. I think being Knighted used to mean something. It doesn't anymore. Perhaps people putting up a stink will get him his Knighthood. Then next year they can give him the Nobel Peace Prize. That doesn't mean a damn anymore either.

PS. Does anyone remember those awards they gave to kids in gym class for not completing the presidential challenge? They don't mean anything either.

Nov 28, 2007
MelasZepheos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MelasZepheos said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MelasZepheos said:
I read your post in the voice of Basil the Great Mouse Detective. It was awesome.
Then it appears I have suceeded in my attempt to bring back this most deductive of mice. Now if only there were others to further my adventure...

Quickly Daystar, there's not a moment to lost!
Hark! Where is Toby, our faithful basset hound?
Smile Everyone!

Everyone I quoted wins for knowing about The Great Mouse Detective. Seriously, that has to be one of the most underrated Disney films in existence.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
To be fair, does a man who purposefully creates closed systems and revels in diverging from standardised plugs and file formats deserve to be knighted?

Caligulove said:
I'm surprised that either of them were even considered for Knighthood, let alone that Gates was actually knighted.

Though I guess this is further proof that something like nobility or the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire makes no fucking sense in a modern world- seriously, who the fuck cares about a goddamn title when living in the 21st Century.
Well, Terry Pratchett got knighted so it does make a little sense.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
What's he done to deserve a knighthood?

Made lots of money from touting "Individuality" and slapping high prices on things?

Oh boy.

Eoeoz

Apr 28, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
can the Prime Minister stop some one from being knighted? I didn't know that...

beer_nuts said:
He was prime minister of the UK!!!

Is this a case of people thinking the UK is just england ???(usually americans tbh)

UK is made up of scotland , northern ireland and most importantly WALES :D
I think most American's don't necessarily think the UK is JUST England... but I think we use the term synonomously. And honestly, it's not really surprising, considering it was the ENGLISH or BRITISH Empire, and they played such a huge role in our history.

But no, I don't think that most people think it's just England... I guess we just think England's the most important. :p
Yeah, but I think it's a bigger screw up considering the fact Gordon Brown isn't even English...so calling him the Prime Minister of England just seems ridiculous.

Fitzcaraldo

Member of three secret societies
Feb 2, 2011
In today's news, the man who perfected the art of taking people's money and making them like it does not receive a knighthood.

But seriously, I don't think he deserves one. I mean, all he does is make computers and ipods.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
This is a massive dick move but regardless what has stevey J actually done to desearve a knighthood? made an ipod.....

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
What amuses me the most is, this is the most support brown has ever had...even during his reign as a non-voted Prime Minister :). We should send him a transcript of these forums, sure it would make him grimace (Read:smile) over his morning porridge :D

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
SL33TBL1ND said:
To be fair, does a man who purposefully creates closed systems and revels in diverging from standardised plugs and file formats deserve to be knighted?

Caligulove said:
I'm surprised that either of them were even considered for Knighthood, let alone that Gates was actually knighted.

Though I guess this is further proof that something like nobility or the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire makes no fucking sense in a modern world- seriously, who the fuck cares about a goddamn title when living in the 21st Century.
You sir, win the internet for the most truthful statement said today :)

<3 Pratchett

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Leviano said:
SL33TBL1ND said:

Caligulove said:

You sir, win the internet for the most truthful statement said today :)

<3 Pratchett
Why, thank you kind sir.