Rumor: Gordon-Levitt Takes Role of "Holiday Killer" in Dark Knight Rises

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Ausir said:
Raven said:
He'd have been better off with Killer Croc or The Riddler... But I've got faith in him so I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the result.
Killer Croc wouldn't really fit the more realistic Nolanverse.
No but it would have been damned interesting though considering his lack of live-action representation amongst Batman films... Him or Clayface for the "super" villains.

Toss between him, Hush and Black Face for who I'd have liked to seen through Nolan's eyes...

And on the grounds we've already seen Mr Zsasz in Batman Begins, it's more than likely we'll see him again...

tappajasieni

Jan 1, 2010
Damn, I really would have loved to see Gordon-Levitt as the Riddler. Oh, well.

I'm sure it'll be an awesome movie, I have faith in Nolan. But in my opinion some of the character choises are a bit worrisome.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
If this keeps him from reprising his role as "Cobra Commander" (he was pathetic as the character) I'm all for it but really, I'm sick of Nolan. There are other actors out there, he doesn't need to just keep using the same ones. It really breaks immersion to see the same actors in every film he does play different people.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
GiantRaven said:
Tom Goldman said:
Who the hell is Alberto Falcone, you might be asking?
One of the most uninteresting Batman villains ever created, I might answer. The Long Halloween is such an overrated Batman book, it's main plot/mystery is a complete failure.
Sort of like everything Jeph Loeb does? How does he keep getting work?

Spoonfoon

Aug 2, 2010
I want The Riddler! It would be a great step in the effort to wipe out memories of that Jim Carrey Mess...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Didn't Gordon-Levitt go to school with Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You?

God, that's one evil high school.

Next: Laurissa Olenik as Poison Ivy....

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
The Catwoman in Long Halloween was awesome. Yay. Was worried about her. Would certainly make sense for Nolan to do that story, but there's a whole lot of villians in it. One of them being Joker. None of them being Bane. Who is it? Catwoman, Joker, Ivy, Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, The Riddler, Solomon Grundy, The Penguin, all the mafia people. Not forgetting this is the story that explains how Dent became Two Face (spoiler) and that was already done in The Dark Knight (again, spoiler).

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
*ponders* I guess I'll just have to wait until more info comes before I really know what is going on here... :eek:

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Not really sure why people think Bane is unrealistic. There are plenty of drugs which exist that can allow people to exceed their typical physical limitations.

Regardless, Bane is more realistic than some of the shit that has been in Nolan's movies already. I find his idea of "realism" insulting, making everything gray and brown does not make it realistic.

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
Sir John the Net Knight said:
WingedFortress said:
Nolan was clearly a fan of the jeph loeb storylines. It shows up fairly often. Doesn't mean he won't take his own personal liberties with the characters though.

And also, the calendar man is being forgotten.

I can't have that.
Nolan won't use Riddler. (Probably for the same reason no one else does, they have to think like the Riddler and few people can do so.) Using Calendar Man would be even more ridiculous though, having a guy dressed as Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny running the mob?

I personally would have preferred Riddler. But since Nolan is throwing out any villains with actual superpowers, which would include Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc and Clayface,(But Bane is ok?) he's left with Catwoman who is already in, The Penguin, Mad Hatter, Mr. Zsasz and Hush.* So why is he going to the Falcone family to find villains?

Easy, because Nolan isn't making a Batman movie, he's making a fucking noir mob film. Just like the first two. And putting Batman in it makes it sell better.

*Just going by the most prevalent members of Batman's Rogue Gallery. Anyone not listed isn't worth mentioning or has already been used.
Haha, that was just a little reference at the long halloween, I dont expect the Calendar man either.

Riddler would have been nice. I could personally think of a few good ways to include him in the plot line, but apparently that just isn't in the cards.

The fact nothing is set in stone and we're left arguing about characters rather than plot details makes me hope Nolan is keeping something up his sleeve in regards to story.

Remember - the Long Halloween wasn't just about Alberto Falcone being Holiday. In fact, he WASNT Holiday for every murder. And the person who was cannot and will not be in the movie. I must say, I'm not SUPER optimistic about where this movie is heading, but I'm willing to give a little credit to Nolan this one time. I can think of a few ways that having Bane, Catwoman, and a resurgence of Falcone crime could be used to tell a fantastic storyline.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
[link]http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/03/21/joseph-gordon-levitt-dark-knight-rises/[/link]

JGL is indeed in the movie, but it's been refuted that he's playing the Holiday Killer. RESUME WILD THEORIZING!!

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Interesting, I was sure that The Long Halloween would have been unfilmable. My bet is that he's not going to adapt it wholesale. There's too many complications (such as having killed off Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight and Dent not having been married, as well as doing in Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins). Still, The Long Halloween is one of my favorite stories, so I'm excited. Gordon-Levitt is a perfect casting for Alberto, too.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Oh, thank god... For a minute, I thought that he was gonna use Calendar Man as a villain... That was pretty damn scary.
Thats exactly what I thought at first haha. To be honest though a non serum roided Bane will definetly impact on whether I see this next film or not, I have faith for Nolan but Bane needs to be a superpowered monstrosity =)

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
A character from my favorite Batman book being used in the next movie? Yay!

I like what Nolan's doing in using obscure characters in order to augment the larger story. Using the Holiday Killer gives him serious cred in my opinion.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Batman in the Nolanverse doesn't seem to be the genius he is in the comics. I'll be surprised if Bane isn't given much of his intelligence in order to match this, so that they can work more on the "invincible badguy" aspect of his character. Still, I like Nolan's version of Batman for the most part so I'm thinking that they'll do a good job with this one. TDK was freaking awesome and I'm happy with that, and so if we never get a good Batman film again, I can be happy :p.

Forktongue

May 19, 2009
Just in case you thought all of the speculation was over, now there's this!
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/03/21/joseph-gordon-levitt-dark-knight-rises/
According to that Entertainment Weekly article, sources attached to the production are saying that the rumors Levitt will be playing the Holiday Killer are incorrect. Maybe this was all a miscommunication and he'll actually be playing Calendar Man after all?