Rumor: Gordon-Levitt Takes Role of "Holiday Killer" in Dark Knight Rises

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Kecunk said:
Anybody else just really want to see Tom Hardy snapping Christian Bale's spine.
Yeah, it'd be funny hearing him scream in his "Batman voice":

"HHHHRRRRRRMMMMMMM!....nnnnnnnrrrrrrrfff!......fffffnnnuuuu..."

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
My thoughts outside of my initial joy is that Nolan is trying his best to curry favor with the hardcore bat-fans out there. After the fanboy rage of how he didn't give Scarecrow or Raij Al Gul's (apologies if I misspelled it) enough time in Begins. The Holiday Killer is a really obscure character compared to Bane: most people who know Bane know him from the Batman Animated Series while less people have read The Long Halloween. Nolan's digging the archives trying to find antagonists appropriate for his realistic style.

I think it's time we clarify Nolan's "realistic" style: his style is a subset of realism called hardboilled. Commonly found in Noir and cyberpunk works, hardboiled is characterized with strong grounding in realism but with enough leeway and wiggleroom to allow stylization (ie: John Woo's bullet-time happy antics and Max Payne's heavy Norse myhos). If Nolan's Batman was true realism, everytime Batman would get knocked down he wouldn't get up or the Joker's elaborate plan would've gone tits up by some minute flaw or happenstance.

What I'm saying is that Nolan's doing is bringing Batman to his noir roots: where he was a detective investigating crimes in a corrupt town. My guess is Nolan's going for the Hail Mary: have the film start off with Holiday, Catwoman stealing from the Falciones, the mob hiring Bane to hit Holiday and/or Batman, and Bats getting his back broken. This would set up for a fourth film. Alternatively, Nolan will end the series with Bats dying in a final blaze of glory fighting Bane, exonerating him from taking the fall for Dent's murders and restoring the soul of Gotham. If DC wants to further it from there, they'd either have Catwoman take the mantle as Gotham's vigilante or reboot with a different director.

It'd only be if Nolan had the balls to do it. He does. If this is going to be his last Batman, he'll end it with a huge bang and do it by doing what no other film maker has ever done before: killing Batman.

(knocking on wood furiously)

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Awesome, I've always like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, a very talented actor in my opinion. It's going to be really interesting to see how this is all pulled together and probably concluded. It's a very difficult and not to mention tricky task but I trust that Christopher Nolan knows what he's doing.
Trust Nolan.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
He's not going to be Alberto Falcone, IMDB have received word on that. Could it possibly mean...Black Mask?

N_Gin

Aug 20, 2010
Has the character Hush been ruled out as a possible role for Gordon-Levitt?

Perhaps the character could be changed so that, if Batman is defeated by Bane and hospitalized for some time, Hush comes out as another (considerably more brutal) kind of vigilante?

Wild guess...