Rumor: GTA V Going to Hollywood

OblivionRegained

Nov 13, 2008
I cant see them going back to London, since the game in London there has been 2 Getaway games released so i think London is a no go.

I would like a GTA: Tokyo, Moscow or Hong Kong as someone else mentioned. Three cities with huge organized crime syndicates.

Tokyo = Yakuza
Moscow = Bratva
Hong Kong = Triads

Failing that, GTA: Belfast. =D

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Might need the next gen, but as so many like the idea of London, why not GTA: Europe?

Start off in London, with national airports acting as quick travel points to Belfast, Glasgow, Moscow, Rome, Paris, etc.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Miumaru said:
The_ModeRazor said:
And SA fans, there's your fucking wish: they really are going back there.
Guess Rockstar must be running out of ideas.
Red Dead disagrees.
Red Dead was not GTA.
It was Red Dead Redemption. Sorry, but I see nothing about "Auto" in it.
Or grand, for that matter.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Donnyp said:
Golem239 said:
Deofuta said:
Nice, I just hope they do as good of a job with the protagonist as they did with Nico.

Hell, I could even take having Nico as the Protagonist again, although i'm sure not many people would care for that.
actually he was a likable gta character (not like any of them weren't he just seemed to be more relatable) and I would like to see him back or at least a cameo or maybe he'll be in an episodes of whatever they call it
Donnyp said:
I would love to see a Canadian GTA. Half the year the game would be about dealing with ice on the roads lol.
maybe when they make a gta where you travel the world
I wanna see the real dumb Americans, like think we live in igloos dumb, read the earlier statement and say "How they gonna do a GTA on Dog Sleds and Moose?
nvm I didn't get it at first

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
no oneder said:
It would be nice to see modern day Vice City. I imagine it having some sort of nods or jokes about Burn Notice.
I had to look Burn Notice up, having not seen it before, but that sounds like it could work. Plus, in a location like Vice City, it would probably be easier for them to create a balance between the slightly grittier nature of GTA IV and the antics of the earlier games. Something not dissimilar to The Ballad of Gay Tony which managed to take place in Liberty City and still feature base jumping and stealing entire train carriages...

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
The_ModeRazor said:
Miumaru said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Red Dead disagrees.
Red Dead was not GTA.
But it IS a Rockstar game, and certainly a good idea. And comparing it to GTA is like comparing Fallout 3 to Oblivion.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Miumaru said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Miumaru said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Red Dead disagrees.
Red Dead was not GTA.
But it IS a Rockstar game, and certainly a good idea. And comparing it to GTA is like comparing Fallout 3 to Oblivion.
So, it's basically entirely possible from a gameplay perspective.
Wait, I'm acting like a jerkass. I'll stop now.

Thealchemistofwhite

Jun 8, 2010
Actually I don't think this is for GTA now that I think about it. I think it is for L.A. Noire, a film noir styled crime sandbox based in Los Angeles made by Rockstar. I'm pretty sure that's what it's going to be.